If you believe abortion = murder . . .

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
One of the biggest reasons that pre-maritial sex has increased so much is that there seems to be an attitude that sexual pleasure is everyone's right. If we can eliminate or reduce that attitude, it would seem to me that irresponsible sexual behavior would drop too.
Female circumcision would achieve this goal admirably

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I see. Well, my only issue with that is that getting people, at least in our society, to adhere to strict abstinence before marriage is a bit unrealistic. Most of my friends wouldn't even consider marriage before 25, and considering we normally hit puberty in junior high, well...

So because not everyone will do it, that's reason to not try to get as many people as possible to do it?

That an effort is not going to be 100% sucessfull is not a good reason to not try, is it?

Of course since it would not be 100% effective, it can't be the only thing we do though.

Upvote 0

judy

Veteran
Nov 6, 2002
Augusta, Maine, USA
Visit site
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Under current laws, no. When abortion is re-criminalized then the abortionist should certainly be found criminally responsible and the female who sought this event should also be found criminally responsible. As to jail, that would have to be in accordance with the law but I would not be in opposition.

Even when abortion was criminalized, it usually wasn't the woman, but the abortionist, who was prosecuted.

People who think an embryo = a child, and abortion is murder, should logically want laws that treat women who obtain abortions like murderers.

If laws like this were on the books, it would mean investigating every miscarriage to make sure the woman didn't take anything to cause the miscarriage.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
But I do think sexual satisfaction it is everyones "god given" right. Only I don't necessarily think god exists.
sexual satisfacion is, to me, one of the best indicators that God DOES exist... why certain sections of the Christian community are so terrified and ashamed of it completely confuses me

Upvote 0

levi501

Senior Veteran
Apr 19, 2004
✟19,690.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sexual satisfacion is, to me, one of the best indicators that God DOES exist... why certain sections of the Christian community are so terrified and ashamed of it completely confuses me
bingo... too many christian sects in my opinion have an unhealthy/perverse view of sex. It's like they take a brainless approach to the bible. No discernment necessary. Just do your best to follow this archaic checklist while along the way ignoring any inconsistencies.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, hopefully they'll get it right this time and go after the woman as well.
Wouldn't it be better to lower the DESIRE for abortions in the first place, rather than victimising people who find themselves in an impossible situation?

Upvote 0

DrFate

Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
I travel
✟1,877.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I asked this question in another thread, but it sort of got lost.

For people who believe that abortion is no different than murdering a child: do you think that women who have had abortions belong in jail? Why or why not?
It depends on the country. Id say sterilize them and put them to work in brothels.

Upvote 0

judy

Veteran
Nov 6, 2002
Augusta, Maine, USA
Visit site
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well, hopefully they'll get it right this time and go after the woman as well.

While we're at it, why not make it retroactive, and just jail all the women who have had an abortion since 1972. I'm sure those records could be obtained.

And don't tell me they didn't know what they were doing. They knew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MooCar93

Jan 23, 2007
Orange County, California
✟8,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So because not everyone will do it, that's reason to not try to get as many people as possible to do it?

That an effort is not going to be 100% sucessfull is not a good reason to not try, is it?

Of course since it would not be 100% effective, it can't be the only thing we do though.

I don't think I ever said that.

I'm just saying, sure, encourage abstinence, but also teach proper, unbiased sex ed and make sure kids have all the information necessary to protect themselves if they do decide to have sex.

Upvote 0

MooCar93

Jan 23, 2007
Orange County, California
✟8,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If laws like this were on the books, it would mean investigating every miscarriage to make sure the woman didn't take anything to cause the miscarriage.

Very good point. Sounds like a whole new offshoot of the Inquisition, doesn't it?

Upvote 0

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Wouldn't it be better to lower the DESIRE for abortions in the first place, rather than victimising people who find themselves in an impossible situation?

The only victim in an abortion is the one who is unable to voice his/her choice before being murdered in utero.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only victim in an abortion is the one who is unable to voice his/her choice before being murdered in utero.
And emotive statement aside, you have completely failed to address my question...

wouldn't it be better to avoid the conception of such "people" in the first place, and thereby avoid the whole abortion issue?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
wouldn't it be better to avoid the conception of such "people" in the first place, and thereby avoid the whole abortion issue?

I agree 100% with you (even though you feel the quotation marks are necessary). If everyone would keep their pants zipped and knees together, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Upvote 0
I agree 100% with you (even though you feel the quotation marks are necessary). If everyone would keep their pants zipped and knees together, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Except in a biblical view abstinence doesn't protect against pregnancy. :p

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
However, getting that to happen is impossible.

Adequate provision of effective and safe contraceptives, however... stands a MUCH better chance of reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies

Upvote 0
Adequate provision of effective and safe contraceptives, however... stands a MUCH better chance of reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies
I also think walking students the whole pregnancy scenario and what it would mean to them if they had to take care of a child is rather beneficial.

I stand corrected. :blush:

But I really believe that only happened once and was sufficient for all times.... :thumbsup:
I believe it was a special case as well, I was only teasing. ;)

Upvote 0