N.H. State Rep Speaks of Past Abortion, Support for Abortion Amendment, While Rocking Newborn

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amanda Toll, the primary sponsor of New Hampshire Constitutional Amendment Concurrent Resolution 23, spoke while holding her week-old daughter.

A New Hampshire state legislator spoke from the floor in support of a pro-abortion state constitutional amendment and about her own past abortion while rocking her week-old daughter.

“I stand here today as one of the millions of people who has had an abortion. When I was a teenager, I accessed abortion care that has allowed me to go to college, to graduate school, to receive an M.Ed. [a master’s degree in education], to teach, and to be a state representative. And it allowed me to have my children when I was ready, both physically and emotionally, including the baby girl I gave birth to just last week,” state Rep. Amanda Toll, D-Keene, said during floor debate Thursday, Feb. 1.

While acknowledging that abortion is legal in New Hampshire, Toll expressed dismay that some states have restricted or banned abortion since the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade in June 2022, adding that the New Hampshire Legislature takes up anti-abortion bills each legislative session.

“Having my third child, a little girl, has reinvigorated my commitment to making sure that every Granite Stater, including Daniella, has the right to make their own reproductive decisions,” Toll said, while rocking inside a white blanket the week-old infant, who was wearing a mostly pink onesie.

Continued below.