If we are saved by faith why do some verses of the Bible seem to state that we are not?

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I think you confuse the new spiritual birth our spiritual regeneration with the eventual resurrection of our bodies. What you posit above is not anything I've heard from an Eastern Orthodox before. They usually tell me we are born again at baptism.

We are born again at baptism, when the Spirit of life enters us, however the person is still in the spiritual womb and anything could happen to miscarriage or to abort that process, before the person can be delivered/salvaged into the new heavens and the new earth on resurrection day.

The verses I shared with you previously show our standing as already begotten of God and a new creation. You have no argument from me of the sanctification process the Holy Spirit parents us through.

Yes, I agree that we are begotten of God and projected to be a new creation in the new heavens and new earth to come, however this is only a process towards completion and is not yet a ratified process, in that it is signed, sealed and delivered/salvaged.

The fact remains that the new birth can be miscarriaged or aborted whilst in the spiritual womb.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay so I had a thought. Throughout the Bible the Bible says that we're saved by faith. Yet in some parts of the Bible it says that we are not saved by faith alone. Matthew 6:15 seems to add the additional requirement of forgiving others to salvation. Making Jesus's words in John 6:39-40 basically a lie because Jesus said that all believers would be saved and would be eternally secure. In John 6:39-6:40 Jesus says:

"And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”
In the KJV it says in John 6:39, “I should lose nothing” instead of “I shall lose nothing” which is is from a Modern Translation (Which has come upon the scene hundreds of years after the KJV has been around). The word “should” is a major difference here. I can say, “I should be over your house tomorrow, but I am very busy.” You would not take that as a guantee that I am coming over. The word “should” suggests a possibility here.

In John 6:27, Jesus says, “Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto unto everlasting life.

In John 6:66, many disciples stopped following Jesus. Were these disciples who walked away from Jesus saved? After the many disciples left, Jesus said to the twelve disciples, “Will ye also go away?” Peter replied, Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. (See John 6:67-68).

In addition, in John 6:53, Jesus says, “Except you eat of the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.”
What is eating of the flesh of the Son of man mean? Well, if you were to skip back to John 4:34, Jesus says his meat is to do the will of Him that sent me, and to finish his work.
This means that to eat Christ’s flesh is symbolic of us doing the will of the Father in order to have life. What is the will of the Father or God? Jesus said his meat is to finish the Father’s work (i.e. to obey the Father). We also learn in 1 Thessalonians 4:3 that God’s will is to be holy (i.e. our sanctification), as well.

You said:
And also in John 10:28-29:

"I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.
Yet, you are not quoting the context (Which is usually left out) for this particular passage. Verse 27 says,

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (John 10:27).

So we learn that the context of John 10:28-29 are not lazy and or sinful sheep. The context of John 10:28-29 is that they are the kind of sheep that hear Christ’s voice and they follow Him (according to John 10:27).

You said:
And also in John 3:16:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
When you read John 3:16, you also have to look at the following context that says,

19 “And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, unless his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.” (John 3:19-21).

Verse 20 essentially says, everyone who does evil hates the light, and neither comes to the light unless their deeds are reproved. This means that doing evil (sin) is not included in the type of belief in the Son mentioned in John 3:16. The context does not allow it. Also, verse 19 says the “Condemnation (is)…. men loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil. So there is no room for interpreting John 3:16 as a belief alone with an ignoring of evil or sin. John 3:19-20 does not allow for such an interpretation. So the belief in the Son in John 3:16 is in context to behaving righteously and not evil.

You said:
Ephesians 2:8-9:

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 is talking about “Initial Salvation.” For in Ephesians 2:1, Paul says,
And you has he “quickened”, who were dead in trespasses and sins.

This is talking about a one time event. Jesus “quickened” us one time.

In addition, Ephesians 3:17, Paul says,
“That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith…”

In other words, this is not talking about the person who has already accepted Christ as their Savior. For Paul is saying, “That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith.”

So Ephesians 2:8-9 is not dealing with “Continued Salvation” (or a Believer’s Walk with God) but it is talking about “Initial Salvation.”

Verse 10 briefly mentions “Continued Salvation” (or a Believer’s Walk with God). But if you were to read Ephesians 2-3 as a whole, and be open to what it is saying, you will get the impression that Paul is talking about "Initial Salvation" here and not "Continued Salvation."

You said:
These verses prove that we are saved by faith and that those who believe in Jesus WILL be saved.
No the above verses you quoted do not prove that salvation is in having a belief alone in Jesus so as to be saved. I have shown that this is not the case by pointing out the context, my friend.

Faith is described not only as a belief but also as having works, too.
For James says,

“Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” (James 2:18).

You said:
But, there are also other verses in the Bible that Jesus said that trouble me and seem to disprove that we are saved by faith like:
Matthew 7:21:

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."
Well, Matthew 7:21 does not disprove faith. Faith is both a belief and an action. In fact, one’s actions are tied to faith.

Do you remember what Jesus said to Peter when he failed to walk on water?

O’ ye have little faith. Why did you doubt? In other words, Peter failed to take the proper action by walking on the water because his faith was not correct in that particular instance.

Let me give an example:
Suppose God told you to sit in a porch chair you knew was old and would not carry your weight and break apart as soon as you sat in it. Let’s say you said to God, “Lord I trust you that the chair can hold my weight as you say and I believe you, but I am just not going to sit in that chair.” Is that trust in God if you were to do that?

No. See, that is why action always follows belief. When we take action in what God’s Word says, we are trusting in God in what He says. We are putting our faith into action (Thereby proving it is a genuine faith).

Anyways, Matthew 7:21 is a great verse that disproves Easy Believism. Jesus says we are to do the will of the Father in heaven if we are to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Jesus confirms that obedience is necessary for salvation even further in this chapter by saying in Matthew 7:26-27 that he (i.e. anyone) who does not do what He (i.e. Christ) says is like a fool who built his house upon the sand and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house.

In addition, if that is not convincing enough, in Matthew 7:23, Jesus says to certain believers who thought they did many wonderful works to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (sin). Meaning, it was not their good works that condemned them, but it was their iniquity (sin) that condemned them (Whereby Jesus told them to depart from Him). Furthermore, Matthew 7:23 is in context to false prophets, too. Jesus said we will know false prophets by their fruit. Fruit is talking about deeds. So if a believer’s deeds are evil, they are a false prophet according to Jesus in Matthew 7.

You said:
Matthew 7:21 seems to say that only those who do the will of the Father will be saved. Which confuses many people until the will of the Father is explained in John 6:39-40. The will of the father is that everyone who believes in Jesus will have eternal life and never be lost. Jesus will not lose a single one of these people so the "Many" people who are not saved in Matthew 7:21 are those who don't believe in Jesus right?
No. While we have to believe in Jesus as our Savior to be saved, this is not the only thing that is a part of God’s will. We learn in 1 Thessalonians 4:3 that God’s will is to be holy (i.e. our Sanctification). Also, John 6:39-40 uses the words “shall lose nothing” which suggests a possibility and not a guarantee. In addition to that, John 6 is packed full of other Conditional statements that lets us know that Jesus is not talking about the imaginary teaching of Eternal Security here.
You said:
Matthew 25:31-46 (Too long to put in here)
The warning of Matthew 25:31-46 is that if we believers do not help the poor in this life, we will be cast into everlasting fire. Jesus says that helping the poor is a part of loving your neighbor (See the Parable of the Good Samaritan); And loving others is showing that you love God (See John’s epistle and Matthew 25:31-46). Too many times many (and not all) in the churches today think God saves them in our sins, but this is not the case. We have to be new creations in Christ. We have to show that we have been born again spiritually or that we are changed. For what value does God’s kingdom hold for the person who does not love God and who does not love others and they only love themselves and their sin? God’s Kingdom is about love and they would find no comfort in a world like that unless they ask God for forgiveness and make a major change in their life now.
You said:
Matthew 25:31-46 seems to say that works are required for salvation.
Yes, why would God allow a people into His Kingdom who are unloving towards others (Which is a reflection or parallel of loving Jesus)?
You said:
Yet this is contrary to Pauls words in Ephesians 2:9 when he says "Not by works lest any man should boast".
No. Matthew 25:31-46 does not run contrary to Paul’s words in Ephesians 2:9 that says we are not saved by works unless any man should boast because Ephesians 2:8-9 is talking about “Initial Salvation.” Again see the word “quickened” in Ephesians 2:1 and Ephesians 3:17 that says Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith.
You said:
Matthew 19:17 seems to say that we must keep the commandments to be saved and then he lists what commandments he's talking about in the next two verses.
Matthew 19:17:

"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments."
Matthew 19:17 does not “seem” (or appear) to say that we must keep God’s commandments to be saved; It does say that! If you were to read all the way until the end of the chapter, it leaves no room for doubt about this.

For Matthew 19:29 says,
“And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.”

Matthew 19:29 does not conclude with Him saying, I was just kidding about keeping the commandments part, everyone who just believes in me and does nothing will inherit eternal life. However, Jesus does not say anything like that. On the contrary, Scripture says if you put your hand to the plow and look back, you are unfit for the Kingdom of God.
You said:
Matthew 6:15 seems to add the additional requirement of forgiving others to salvation.
Matthew 6:15:

"But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Matthew 6:15 does not “seem” (or appear) to be adding an additional requirement of forgiving others for salvation. Forgiving others (walking in the light) in Matthew 6:15 was always a part of the cleansing blood of Christ and His forgiveness. For 1 John 1:7 says if we walk in the light as He is in the light, the blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin. God wants more than a mere belief from us. God wants us to be changed and a new creation. We have to forgive others; If not, then we would be hypocrites for asking God for forgiveness. In other words, you cannot ask for something that you yourself are not doing. It makes no sense. God is good and He upholds a standard of morality or goodness (that is offensive to many).
You said:
Also in James 2:20 James says "Faith without works is dead" which seems to back up Jesus's words in Matthew 25:31-46. That a true faith would have works and therefore those who are not saved in those verses did not have a true faith. So that could be the answer to my problem on these verses
Yes, Paul’s words are true. Faith without works is dead. For how can a dead faith access the saving grace of God (Which is a gift)? This indeed does confirm Matthew 25:31-46 and many other verses in the Holy Scriptures.
You said:
but, what about the others?
Hopefully I have provided a proper explanation on these other verses for you to pray over and to meditate on deeply, my friend.

Anyways, may God bless you;
And may you please be well in the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes. We are born again at baptism, but that doesn't mean through our own lack of will we can't fall back into darkness.

There are many acts of salvation, and by this I mean that by doing that act it helps you along in your salvation. There is no one moment that saves you, it is a lifetime effort. Baptism saves you from your past sins, just as confession and repentance in faith save you from your current ones.

Salvation is like a flower, faith the seed, and works the water that feeds the plant. Both the water and the seed are needed for the flower to bloom, but without water the seed will die and go back to dust.

Salvation can be lost because God respects our free will. If it cannot be (which is a modern concept), then we are essentially slaves unable to do anything once we "accept Jesus into our heart", against the will of God- which is completely against the entire idea of why and how we were created.

Now I don't mean to speak against the way my Orthodox Brother is explaining things, but the Synaxis (Orthodox way of combining faith and works) has always been the way that the church has kept the commandments of ALL scripture, not just the ones about faith, or the ones about works. It is a beautiful combination of the two sides. The only reason people oppose it is because they fear that they will not do enough. But its not about doing a certain level of this or that, only what you should be doing and whether you are actively making the right decisions to improve the spiritual condition of your soul.

If you ask an Orthodox Christian if they are saved, if they know their theology they should say something along the lines of "I don't know" (unless they just say yes for the sake of the Westerner). This should constantly be the mindset of the Christian, that we aren't ever doing enough for Christ, and that we must repay what he paid for us. Those who refuse to do any works or desire to, must be questioned about the genuineness of their faith. We are to be SLAVES to the will of God.

Romans says "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

What people mistake about this verse is that it is an active command to be performed constantly. Confessing Christ as Lord is an active command. You follow your Lord's Laws, otherwise he is not your Lord. So you confess that he is Lord (works), and believe in your heart that he was raised (faith). Both sides are commands that must be fulfilled daily, if you stop confessing or stop believing then you are no longer safe within the guarantee of grace.

Or at least this is my opinion on it.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes. We are born again at baptism, but that doesn't mean through our own lack of will we can't fall back into darkness.

There are many acts of salvation, and by this I mean that by doing that act it helps you along in your salvation. There is no one moment that saves you, it is a lifetime effort. Baptism saves you from your past sins, just as confession and repentance in faith save you from your current ones.

Disagree.

The Lord is Faithful, His Word is TRUE and has no time constraint. His Power is Supreme.

The Lord's Saving of a man, is QUICK, and forever kept BY His Power, not the mans.

No, it is not a lifetime effort to maintain salvation.

A saved man's life-time (and rewarded) effort is to Glorify God's Names.

No. Baptism of the Holy Spirit, frees a man from ALL SIN. Gods Word and Power and Knowledge, has no constraint, "as if", He dwells within a man, while the "new man" continues to sin. He doesn't. God does not dwell in sin.

God Bless,
SBC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Disagree.

The Lord is Faithful, His Word is TRUE and has no time constraint. His Power is Supreme.

The Lord's Saving of a man, is QUICK, and forever kept BY His Power, not the mans.

No, it is not a lifetime effort to maintain salvation.

A saved man's life-time (and rewarded) effort is to Glorify God's Names.

No. Baptism of the Holy Spirit, frees a man from ALL SIN. Gods Word and Power and Knowledge, has no constraint, "as if", He dwells within a man, while the "new man" continues to sin. He doesn't. God does not dwell in sin.

God Bless,
SBC

Respectfully disagree. I don't find your opinion Biblical or historic. Of course it is a lifetime effort to maintain salvation. Following the teachings of Christ is meant to be a lifestyle, not just "I felt good in church and accepted Jesus into my heart".

Yes we cannot be plucked out of the hand of God, but that doesn't mean we can't freely walk out of it. That verse is a guarantee against foreign powers taking the soul.

We are freed from the chains of the sin nature through Baptism, that doesn't mean we won't sin afterwards as I am sure you well know. It is a rebirth, we don't stay in the womb.

• Informative
Reactions: The Times
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the KJV it says in John 6:39, “I should lose nothing” instead of “I shall lose nothing” which is is from a Modern Translation (Which has come upon the scene hundreds of years after the KJV has been around). The word “should” is a major difference here. I can say, “I should be over your house tomorrow, but I am very busy.” You would not take that as a guantee that I am coming over. The word “should” suggests a possibility here.
Is your point Jesus has lost souls the Father has given Him? Or is the part about the Father's will earlier in the verse not apply to your exegesis? So is this a function of Jesus only doing the will of the Father sometimes?

John 6: AKJV

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Respectfully disagree. I don't find your opinion Biblical or historic. Of course it is a lifetime effort to maintain salvation. Following the teachings of Christ is meant to be a lifestyle, not just "I felt good in church and accepted Jesus into my heart".

Yes we cannot be plucked out of the hand of God, but that doesn't mean we can't freely walk out of it. That verse is a guarantee against foreign powers taking the soul.

We are freed from the chains of the sin nature through Baptism, that doesn't mean we won't sin afterwards as I am sure you well know. It is a rebirth, we don't stay in the womb.
I would agree faith is not comatose and is action. Thus faithfulness.

However we don't go it alone. We cannot justify ourselves before God. He has done that through the work of Christ. We cannot raise ourselves from the dead. God has told us He does that. What about all that time between...sanctification? We are not alone there either. He said He would not leave us orphans.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully disagree. I don't find your opinion Biblical or historic. Of course it is a lifetime effort to maintain salvation.

Respectfully disagree.

Rom 10:9
If thou shalt confess with they mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou SHALT BE SAVED.

Following the teachings of Christ is meant to a lifestyle, not just "I felt good in church and accepte Jesus into my heart".

Respectfully disagree.

Serving God, by the principles of Christ's doctrine, effecting Glory UNTO God's great Names, is rewarded.

Mans reasonable service is to give his BODY, a living sacrifice unto God.

Rom 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable Unto God,
Which is your reasonable service.

Disagree.

You may freely walk, IF you have not been sanctified, which occurs when one is saved and born again.

NO man can take one out of the hand of God.

2 John 1
2: For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, SHALL BE WITH US FOREVER.

Disagree.

It is not a "rebirth" in the womb.
It is a "rebirth" of your spirit, (your truth),
In your heart, from natural to spiritual.
It means precisely you shall never again SIN, (rebel) AGAINST God. His POWER within you, keeps you.

Sin is rebellion AGAISNT God.
Deut 9:7

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; For HIS SEED remaineth in him:
And he cannot sin,
BECAUSE he is born of God.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Respectfully disagree.

Rom 10:9
If thou shalt confess with they mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou SHALT BE SAVED.

Respectfully disagree.

Serving God, by the principles of Christ's doctrine, effecting Glory UNTO God's great Names, is rewarded.

Mans reasonable service is to give his BODY, a living sacrifice unto God.

Rom 12:1
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable Unto God,
Which is your reasonable service.

Disagree.

You may freely walk, IF you have not been sanctified, which occurs when one is saved and born again.

NO man can take one out of the hand of God.

2 John 1
2: For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, SHALL BE WITH US FOREVER.

Disagree.

It is not a "rebirth" in the womb.
It is a "rebirth" of your spirit, (your truth),
In your heart, from natural to spiritual.
It means precisely you shall never again SIN, (rebel) AGAINST God. His POWER within you, keeps you.

Sin is rebellion AGAISNT God.
Deut 9:7

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; For HIS SEED remaineth in him:
And he cannot sin,
BECAUSE he is born of God.

God Bless,
SBC

Did you read my original comment? Because you are using a verse I already addressed.

Also none of the verses you listed actually disprove the points I made, and you really think that once one is baptized he can no longer sin? Ridiculous.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would agree faith is not comatose and is action. Thus faithfulness.

However we don't go it alone. We cannot justify ourselves before God. He has done that through the work of Christ. We cannot raise ourselves from the dead. God has told us He does that. What about all that time between...sanctification? We are not alone there either. He said He would not leave us orphans.

Interestingly enough there is no mention of the individual being saved, but the church. That is why Orthodox Christians have such a high priority on preserving the Original church as much as possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where do you derive such?

Romans 8 clearly refutes this.

Bible Gateway passage: Romans 8 - New King James Version

I should have clarified, the church is a place for the holy spirit to dwell, it was given specifically to the Church on Pentecost. The Bible makes no mention of those outside the church having the spirit, which is required for salvation. Bad wording on my part. No one without the spirit is within the church

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Is your point Jesus has lost souls the Father has given Him? Or is the part about the Father's will earlier in the verse not apply to your exegesis? So is this a function of Jesus only doing the will of the Father sometimes?

John 6: AKJV

38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Yes. Re-read John 17. The Father gave Judas to Jesus but he lost him. Also, the word "should" still means "should" in John 6. Unless of course you don't like that word or something.

• Informative
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It is a rebirth, we don't stay in the womb.

Absolutely, we don't intend to stay in the womb, but look forward to our birthing being complete and actioned by Jesus, when he will raise us up on the last day. For now, we are dying daily to the body of sin, until it is permanently destroyed. Saint Paul declares that this is finalised upon finishing our race and keeping the faith, in order to receive our crown of life.

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Yes. Re-read John 17. The Father gave Judas to Jesus but he lost him. Also, the word "should" still means "should" in John 6. Unless of course you don't like that word or something.

You are on point.
How many times did Jesus give parables of complacent, once believing servants, being aborted by the Lord, where they literally die in the womb and never are delivered/salvaged into the new heavens and the new earth on resurrection day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Absolutely, we don't intend to stay in the womb, but look forward to our birthing being complete and actioned by Jesus, when he will raise us up on the last day. For now, we are dying daily to the body of sin, until it is permanently destroyed. Saint Paul declares that this is finalised upon finishing our race and keeping the faith, in order to receive our crown of life.
And an infant learning to walk, does not get mistreated by his parents for not being able to or falling down, but they are there to love and encourage, and help you, but let it happen naturally as well... But, why do we think God is a worse parent than this...?

We all stumble many times, if we do not or are seeming not to, then I think we need to check and and see if pride is an issue, if not, i think your OK...

But, most of us find ourselves stumbling sometimes, and it's good to know of our God that he is a parent, like or better, than this...

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Interestingly enough there is no mention of the individual being saved, but the church. That is why Orthodox Christians have such a high priority on preserving the Original church as much as possible.

It is the dragnet that Jesus uses, when telling his disciples to throw the net on one side of the ship in order to catch the multitude of fish. The ship is the Church and those throwing the dragnet are the priests.

Why are fish caught only on one side?

It seems Jesus is telling us, that not all commissions are equal before God.

The entire western world needs to join back onboard with Eastern Orthodoxy. It is the commission that God directly instructs. Jesus also mentioned that he will go after other sheep, not of this flock. The commission of bringing the other sheep is through the one undivided Orthodoxy Church before the schism, when the Roman conspirators split it apart in 431 AD at the council of Ephesus.

We should ignore Rome completely and go back to the root foundational blessings of the orthodox church pre 431AD. When we do this, then we will be unstoppable as God has determined it. When this highway will be re-opened, then expect a blessing unparalleled to the generations before it. It will manifest into a mass gathering under Orthodoxy and not Rome. In this last hour the many captives will be freed and gathered as one flock.

All roads will not lead to Rome and you can mark my words on that. The highway is according to God .......

In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together.
(Isaiah 19:23)

24In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. 25The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”

May the Lord guide the Orthodox elders to immediately abandon Rome at will and to re-unite under Orthodoxy pre 431 AD.

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And an infant learning to walk, does not get mistreated by his parents for not being able to or falling down, but they are there to love and encourage, and help you, but let it happen naturally as well... But, why do we think God is a worse parent than this...?

We all stumble many times, if we do not or are seeming not to, then I think we need to check and and see if pride is an issue, if not, i think your OK...

But, most of us find ourselves stumbling sometimes, and it's good to know of our God that he is a parent, like or better, than this...

It is not about stumbling but rather finishing your race and keeping the faith before you biologically die. Jesus said be faithful unto death and I will give you a crown of life.

If this condition is not met, then the new born will be aborted, rest assured.

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is the dragnet that Jesus uses, when telling his disciples to throw the net on one side of the ship in order to catch the multitude of fish. The ship is the Church and those throwing the dragnet are the priests.

Why are fish caught only on one side?

It seems Jesus is telling us, that not all commissions are equal before God.

The entire western world needs to join back onboard with Eastern Orthodoxy. It is the commission that God directly instructs. Jesus also mentioned that he will go after other sheep, not of this flock. The commission of bringing the other sheep is through the one undivided Orthodoxy Church before the schism, when the Roman conspirators split it apart in 431 AD at the council of Ephesus.

We should ignore Rome completely and go back to the root foundational blessings of the orthodox church pre 431AD. When we do this, then we will be unstoppable as God has determined it. When this highway will be re-opened, then expect a blessing unparalleled to the generations before it. It will manifest into a mass gathering under Orthodoxy and not Rome. In this last hour the many captives will be freed and gathered as one flock.

All roads will not lead to Rome and you can mark my words on that. The highway is according to God .......

In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together.
(Isaiah 19:23)

24In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. 25The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”

May the Lord guide the Orthodox elders to immediately abandon Rome at will and to re-unite under Orthodoxy pre 431 AD.

Why would you want to go pre-Ephesus when that council and the later councils were what actually defined Orthodoxy. The theotokos, Icons, elimination of various herseys... all post 431.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did you read my original comment? Because you are using a verse I already addressed.

Also none of the verses you listed actually disprove the points I made...

Baptism OF the Holy Spirit is precisely how one receives the Seed of God.

...you really think that once one is baptized he can no longer sin?

I really trust to believe the Word of God.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him:
And he cannot sin, Because he is
Born of God.

Ridiculous

Obviously you do not comprehend the Power of God.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0