If selection pressure waned and waxed, such that the species started again: what'd you do better?

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,750.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
But we are talking about one nerve, in the brain, right?

The nerve that says "this is possible", is the same nerve that says "this can be repeated"?

How would you recognize a new evolution, if you couldn't recognize an old one?

See? This is what I mean. You're trying to make yourself sound intelligent by asking these sorts of nonsensical questions that make no sense to anyone, and then you wonder why no-one gives you the answers you want.
If you want to learn about evolution, then actually make the effort of look up education material on it.

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No one “believes” in evolution. It is a valid scientific theory. If you don’t “believe” in evolution it still remains a valid scientific theory with all of the attributes of a valid theory.

Evolution is not a force. It is an explanation of observable phenomena.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟923,991.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
I'm starting to get why I have such a hard time believing "Evolution".

Answer me seriously now, why do you believe this (that anything goes), but you are uncomfortable with it being repeated (as in, apes becoming men then apes again)?

I mean it really looks like you are developing a pathology of duplicity or convenience, I can't tell which?

Maybe tell me this, when did you start to realize that you could put mutation in context, using Evolution? What was your first thought of "I can mutate, survivably"? EDIT: What "context" did you start to give the possibility of mutation?
The whole concept of evolution back tracking is technically physically possible... but requires such a vastly unlikely sequence of events that it can be ignored as possible.

Upvote 0

Mr Laurier

Mar 26, 2021
Georgian Bay/Bruce Peninsula
✟31,584.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're just shooting the breeze, as far as I can tell.

All I can hear is "I need the conditions to be absolute" "I need the entire species to try in unison" things which God is capable of, but for which you will not acknowledge Him?

"I need for Evolution to refer to specific set of species, with a specific level of perfection" sounds like "I need to jury-rig something for which there is no evidence, by excluding interference at random"... seriously, how confusing and unpredictable do you need it to be?

Let me ask you something: is Evolution ever going to reach a point, where it venerates the ground on which Darwin walked? The way Hollywood stars get the walk of fame? 'Cause I really don't want to be in a conversation that proves anything goes for someone who finds an exception to the Cross? Jesus' Cross was final, it was for every sin, every sin that was committed in the name of Evolution, every sin that was committed in the name of anything else. There is no way for your readiness to evolve, being above sin and the temptation to sin.

There is no way for something to evolve, to the point that it does not have to struggle with the possibility of sin, does not have to be righteous in a specific way and does not have to face judgment as pertains to the faith behind it. I have tried to understand what Evolution means in terms of righteousness, and all I have been told is that "it has nothing to do with being right", meaning the chastening in the end, will be the harshest possible, to a point. You want that? You honestly want that?

EDIT: I'm serious. Sins committed in the name of Evolution, are worse than sins that are simply "selfish".

Alas, there is/are no sins.
Evolution is a process.
Darwin is a dead mortal who is a footnote in history.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

So yes, simple question:

The point being, you would have hindsight about the Evolutionary process, as applied to your population?

Just looking for your thoughts on this, thanks.

EDIT: In Christianity, we have a concept called "quickening", where if you know what to do and you agree in your spirit with how God would do it, you start to do it faster than you would know how (with God's help) [I'm not sure of the exact verse, but maybe one of my brethren could point it out?]
God handled the remaking of animals into
man and likely the timing was perfect.
Not too fast, not too slow.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
God handled the remaking of animals into
man and likely the timing was perfect.
Not too fast, not too slow.
Strange, you would think that would leave some sort of evidence. Yet none is to be found.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The question of the lack of evidence that "God handled the remaking of animals into man and likely the timing was perfect."

The fact that Subduction Zone is here is not evidence for that.
I see. You are right again, I guess.

15521723-85888fd7792d72caae9951dba7960775.png

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You seem to be here. That's one of the two pieces needed.
Sorry, that is not evidence. By any definition. In the sciences to even have evidence one must first have a testable hypothesis. What is your hypothesis and what test could possibly show that your hypothesis is wrong?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, that is not evidence. By any definition. In the sciences to even have evidence one must first have a testable hypothesis. What is your hypothesis and what test could possibly show that your hypothesis is wrong?
Look at earth. God created man.

Look everywhere else - No life by natural means.

List all the natural laws that cause life to occur.

List all the hypothesis that life should occur naturally.

Each one on your list is evidence against.

What if there are none? All are evidence that I am wrong.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Look at earth. God created man.

Look everywhere else - No life by natural means.

List all the natural laws that cause life to occur.

List all the hypothesis that life should occur naturally.

Each one on your list is evidence against.

What if there are none? All are evidence that I am wrong.
Look at the trees!
Oh my, that is one of the worst arguments you could have tried to use. Once again we understand how life evolved. We have massive evidence for it. You have no evidence for your beliefs.

And no, none of those are "evidence against". An argument from ignorance is not evidence. It is a logical fallacy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at the trees!
Oh my, that is one of the worst arguments you could have tried to use. Once again we understand how life evolved. We have massive evidence for it. You have no evidence for your beliefs.

And no, none of those are "evidence against". An argument from ignorance is not evidence. It is a logical fallacy.

You've not researched what my beliefs are, so they remain unscathed by such logic assaults.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You don't understand what my beliefs are, so they remain unscathed by your logic assaults.
It does not matter if I understand your beliefs or not. They appear to be rather irrational since you do not seem to have any evidence for them. A person can have all sorts of irrational beliefs that are not "scathed" by logic. They should be. Do you think that the beliefs of cargo cult members are valid because they cannot be scathed by logic? You are in effect claiming that your beliefs are no different than yours.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at the trees!
Oh my, that is one of the worst arguments you could have tried to use. Once again we understand how life evolved. We have massive evidence for it.

Evidence for it happening but no explanation as to why.

Nearby_galaxy_NGC_1569_is_a_hotbed_of_star_birth_activity_article.jpg

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0