If selection pressure waned and waxed, such that the species started again: what'd you do better?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So yes, simple question:
If selection pressure waned and waxed such that the species started again: what would you do to quicken the process, the second time around?
The point being, you would have hindsight about the Evolutionary process, as applied to your population?

Just looking for your thoughts on this, thanks.

EDIT: In Christianity, we have a concept called "quickening", where if you know what to do and you agree in your spirit with how God would do it, you start to do it faster than you would know how (with God's help) [I'm not sure of the exact verse, but maybe one of my brethren could point it out?]

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If selection pressure waned and waxed such that the species started again: what would you do to quicken the process, the second time around?
Selection pressure are constantly changing from such things as environmental conditions, availability of food and energy sources, predators, diseases and species adapt. It appears that urbanization and climate change are driving the hybridization of dogs, coyotes and wolves in areas of the US.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You can't even do the first part.

Why the grief? That's not an answer!

You might need to make an excuse, for Evolution - but at least give me something!

You're happy to blur the line between man and animal, but if I say show me the repeatability... you can't do it?

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Why the grief? That's not an answer!

You might need to make an excuse, for Evolution - but at least give me something!

You're happy to blur the line between man and animal, but if I say show me the repeatability... you can't do it?

You can't read what people are telling you, it's very simple. The things you describe are not evolution, or even science. You make these things up and you think you have some sort of 'gotcha!' against science, but you don't.

There is no line to blur between humans and animals because humans are animals.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You can't read what people are telling you, it's very simple. The things you describe are not evolution, or even science. You make these things up and you think you have some sort of 'gotcha!' against science, but you don't.

There is no line to blur between humans and animals because humans are animals.

Then you continue to believe man could come from apes again, despite everything that has been said?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Then you continue to believe man could come from apes again, despite everything that has been said?

I accept that science that says that humans evolved from a common ancestor with other apes, since that science is very clear cut and simple to understand.
I do not follow the rantings of some random nobody on the internet to change my views on science. You have said nothing of value and I do not believe that you ever will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Let's make it interesting...

Say we have two evolutions: one is forced to start again (by selection pressure) while the other keeps going (unaffected by selection pressure)...

...which is more evolved?

An evolution cannot start again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
What?

Scientifically, the exact same conditions, will just stop?

What are you basing that on?

Because for evolution to start again, you need to go back to the original point of when life was just a simple single celled organism, something that cannot happen.
Adaptations cannot start all over, nor can evolution. It is literally impossible to wipe the slate clean with regards to evolution without removing all life on earth and allowing it to start all over again.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Because for evolution to start again, you need to go back to the original point of when life was just a simple single celled organism, something that cannot happen.
Adaptations cannot start all over, nor can evolution. It is literally impossible to wipe the slate clean with regards to evolution without removing all life on earth and allowing it to start all over again.

You're just shooting the breeze, as far as I can tell.

All I can hear is "I need the conditions to be absolute" "I need the entire species to try in unison" things which God is capable of, but for which you will not acknowledge Him?

"I need for Evolution to refer to specific set of species, with a specific level of perfection" sounds like "I need to jury-rig something for which there is no evidence, by excluding interference at random"... seriously, how confusing and unpredictable do you need it to be?

Let me ask you something: is Evolution ever going to reach a point, where it venerates the ground on which Darwin walked? The way Hollywood stars get the walk of fame? 'Cause I really don't want to be in a conversation that proves anything goes for someone who finds an exception to the Cross? Jesus' Cross was final, it was for every sin, every sin that was committed in the name of Evolution, every sin that was committed in the name of anything else. There is no way for your readiness to evolve, being above sin and the temptation to sin.

There is no way for something to evolve, to the point that it does not have to struggle with the possibility of sin, does not have to be righteous in a specific way and does not have to face judgment as pertains to the faith behind it. I have tried to understand what Evolution means in terms of righteousness, and all I have been told is that "it has nothing to do with being right", meaning the chastening in the end, will be the harshest possible, to a point. You want that? You honestly want that?

EDIT: I'm serious. Sins committed in the name of Evolution, are worse than sins that are simply "selfish".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
You're just shooting the breeze, as far as I can tell.

And you're just talking a load of absolute bull as per usual because you don't understand the topic.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
EDIT: I'm serious. Sins committed in the name of Evolution, are worse than sins that are simply "selfish".

I'm not saying Evolution's sins, are not for the greater good in some way - I'm saying you need to define when Evolution is good and when not!

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'm serious. Sins committed in the name of Evolution, are worse than sins that are simply "selfish".

There are no sins in evolution because evolution is not a religious or moral system. It is an explanation of scientific fact.

Upvote 0