want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exodus 20:15. I already posted this once. Please tell me you're not going to circle back to trying to justify stealing.
i am not justifying stealing you're insulting me
you say "this is theft" i say, "this are is not black and white"

because the disciples of jesus never stole wheat when they ate it for free

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Do you own the rights to view it? e.g. have you paid to see it? Do you own it?

The answer is no. So while it may not be illegal, it's absolutely and utterly immoral because by being a part of it you're perpetuating the actual illegal action of hosting and distributing unlicensed material.

So to get to the brass tacks of it... is it moral? No. Should professing Christians do it? No.

Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you own the rights to view it? e.g. have you paid to see it? Do you own it?

The answer is no. So while it may not be illegal, it's absolutely and utterly immoral because by being a part of it you're perpetuating the actual illegal action of hosting and distributing unlicensed material.

So to get to the brass tacks of it... is it moral? No. Should professing Christians do it? No.
illegal is a word, only a word
the important is your conscience

if i was in africa in an african school i would show them disney movies for free to learn english, i don't know, maybe not, but, it's difficult to think i am sinning

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i am not justifying stealing you're insulting me
you say "this is theft" i say, "this are is not black and white"

because the disciples of jesus never stole wheat when they ate it for free

You’re not Jesus or one of the apostles gathering grain on the Sabbath. You’re a guy trying to justify stealing someone else’s property.

• Agree
Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then that changes the "thou shalt not steal" rule?

Yes. God allowed Israel to steal.

Didn't God also order taking land from others more than once? Isn't it all his to give to whomsoever he chooses and without calling it theft?

Yes and that's the point I am making. God doesn't consider his enemies to have legal ownership of what they have.

If you want to accuse God of ordering theft, fine, but I'm scoot'n to the other end of the bench. :eek:

Obviously not but scripture shows that theft is sometimes not a sin. Now, what we need to do is apply that to modern times and see if it also applies. God is the same then and now so we know he will feel similarly now as he did then.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
illegal is a word, only a word
the important is your conscience

if i was in africa in an african school i would show them disney movies for free to learn english, i don't know, maybe not, but, it's difficult to think i am sinning

You're making it difficult, and "illegal" is a word, yes, but like any other word, it means something. You seem to be confusing the issue in your mind in such a way, you can make anything that is sin or illegal, ok to do.

What you're doing is classic justification of wrong doing.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Thou shalt not steal.

That should cover everything.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You’re not Jesus or one of the apostles gathering grain on the Sabbath. You’re a guy trying to justify stealing someone else’s property.
you're a liar because i not trying to justify a sin, i am debating a grey area on internet

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Yes. God allowed Israel to steal.

Yes and that's the point I am making. God doesn't consider his enemies to have legal ownership of what they have.

Obviously not but scripture shows that theft is sometimes not a sin. Now, what we need to do is apply that to modern times and see if it also applies. God is the same then and now so we know he will feel similarly now as he did then.

I think there's a difference.

The argument of stealing a loaf of bread, for example, to feed your starving family is one moral argument that many people would debate. There's a necessity for food to live. There is not a necessity to watch The Avengers on a website illegally redistributing copyrighted material.

Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think there's a difference.There is not a necessity to watch The Avengers on a website illegally redistributing copyrighted material.
i think the same with copyrighted images,
USA law says you can use it for personal use, i think this law is wrong, what about photographers rights?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God ordered those things, and just because he did it in those cases does not mean we are all allowed to steal from what we are assuming areis Gods enemies. If that happened, it would mean total mayhem...many would suddenly become the enemies of God.

But still, not getting what you are referring to as enemies and why. If it's because the copyrighted material is sinful, making those who make it enemies of God, then why in the world would a Christian even want sinful material, stolen or not?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think this law is wrong,

So you just break it, or think it's Ok too? It's then up to you to change the law, but your going to have to fight a lot of people who make their living from music/movies, who's paycheck is basically being stolen when these things aren't paid for.

• Winner
Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you just break it, or think it's Ok too? It's then up to you to change the law, but your going to have to fight a lot of people who make their living from music/movies, who's paycheck is basically being stolen when these things aren't paid for.
i just don't want to be finicky
i told: you can't use the same measure on USA and India
usa people have all facilities to buy a movie
in india there are not stores to buy movies
i trying to touch the minds of you all to think that god is infinitely benevolent and i am not sure if 3rd world countries should pay taxes to the "cesar usa"

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i just don't want to be finicky
i told: you can't use the same measure on USA and India
i trying to touch the minds of you all to think that god is infinitely benevolent and i am not sure if 3rd world countries should pay taxes to the "cesar usa"

You aren't getting something very important here. There are those all over the world that don't have what they want, or even what they think they need, that is never a good reason to steal it.

That's what it's about being a Christian, we try not to do wrong for whatever reason. Just the fact you bring up India at all, tells me you're searching for whatever way you can find to make it OK. Again, classic justification.

No means no,. and because there is a small amount of gray area is no reason to use that as a general problem here.

• Optimistic
Reactions: want-love
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Just because something is beyond your means, you aren't entitled to it 'just because'.

I can't afford a lot of things in life. That sucks. I don't require movies to live any more than I require a Lamborghini to do my shopping run in. You make do with what you have and yes, sometimes that means you have less than others, but that doesn't entitle you to sin.

Regardless of legality(which we're commanded to submit to), it is not moral and it is not Christian.

And Jesus said to him, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."

Following Christ is a life of conviction, not convenience.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
youtube music
Youtube has a lot of commercials to pay for their content. I am thinking of giving them $10 a month so I do not have to deal with the commercials. I pay for cable TV and I have to pay for a lot of stuff I do not watch. So it looks to me like I am the one getting ripped off here.

The question is what would Jesus do? I know I could not work in a convenience store and sell alcohol and cigarettes. I would not want to make money selling junk food and stuff that is harmful to people. Jesus was a carpenter and that is one of the very few honest jobs where you do not harm or hurt people to make a living.

The people in the factory are getting exploited but what about me. They are selling us toxic chemicals that can be carcinogenic and harmful to our health. Do they care about that? What about the young people that are harmed in the factory working with toxic chemicals?

Upvote 0