want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
this is a debatable topic, i mean, when you hear some christian song on youtube that the owner never uploaded ....... are you stealing? and so, the same with everything else online

is it a sin? why? when the disciples ate wheat for free, were they stealing? no

will you go to india to tell the children they can't watch disney online because they are stealing? they are poor, they have nothing

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I watch netfix online or whatever, so that type of watching online is fine because we pay. But sounds like you're talking illegal movies that are pirated by the site, so no, I stay away from those. It's pretty easy to know what sites are showing movies illegally, just do a search for legal movie sites.

as for youtube, most of those are technically illegal, thing is, they make the rights holder complain before they will remove them, at least that's how I understand it, plus they just aren't going to pay staff to keep up with all that, meaning we need to just not watch them. I've been guilty of all that but pretty well say away from it all these days.

It's actually the same as going to pirate bay and stealing movies...no real difference.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
this is a debatable topic, i mean, when you hear some christian song on youtube that the owner never uploaded ....... are you stealing? and so, the same with everything else online

is it a sin? why? when the disciples ate wheat for free, were they stealing? no

will you go to india to tell the children they can't watch disney online because they are stealing? they are poor, they have nothing

Few if any are prosecuted for private consumption. Those involved in pirate trafficking, sharing what they have stolen, are guilty.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but the law of god? is him finicky?

Him is not, I assure you, stealing is stealing. :)

And granted there are some grey areas but not a lot, it's pretty straight forward. Look up movies/music lists of what is and is not in the public domain and watch what little you can from that and pay for the rest.

Night of the living dead is free. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i dont mean to offend nobody but those who say "stealing is stealing" could be the same ones who said, "jesus your disciples steal wheat"

Plenty of ways to pretend it's justifiable, we can do that with anything we want to do but that may not be allowed, and some often do. I had a friend who gave reasons such as, all music/videos should be free. People can get awfully shallow/logical when they want something, and in this case it's so easy to get, some people go into overdrive coming up with justifications, even me.

For instance I looked all over for Copyright stays for the link I'm carrying below for Christmas. I saw the full show was available on youtube which is an indication it's not being reported, and ok to watch it all (I'm just using a part. I found a post where some guy said he looked all over and even the rights owner didn't know exactly what was up. Then considering all that and the fact I just used only a piece of it, I justified it. It may well be legal for me to use, but I'm not absolutely certain. Most movies/Music I'm pretty certain about.

I went to Pirate bays boards once...the justifications there were, well, downright funny. :)

BTW were they ever accused of stealing anything, or were Jesus and the disciples accused of gathering food on the Sabbath?

Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
BTW were they ever accused of stealing anything, or were Jesus and the disciples accused of gathering food on the Sabbath?
yes. well change the example. the law purists in this forum would say: it's totally right to pay taxes to cesar, otherwise youre stealing....human law purists!

i saw a boy in siria who told: my mom bought me a computer with games
do you think those games are not from unofficial websites

what do? punish that boy! stealing is stealing! mmmmmm

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what do? punish that boy! stealing is stealing!

Of course not, just toss the games if you they are pirated/not in the public domain...and it's a concern...pretty simple.

No offense intended but just to show how people do, see how you made the simple a complicated thing? And all to make it seem confusing, or even a bad thing to think stealing is stealing, when it is not. And again, don't get me wrong, no big deal but, it makes the "justification" point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course not, just toss the games if you they are pirated/not in the public domain...and it's a concern...pretty simple.

No offense intended but just to show how people do, see how you made the simple a complicated thing? And all to make it seem confusing, or even a bad thing to think stealing is stealing, when it is not. And again, don't get me wrong, no big deal but, it makes the "justification" point.
maybe you wouldnt allow free water in africa because the rich people interests. those people are rich. you cant use the same measure in USA and siria a poorer country involved into a horrible war, refugees have nothing

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jos 8:1 And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land:
Jos 8:2 And thou shalt do to Ai and her king as thou didst unto Jericho and her king: only the spoil thereof, and the cattle thereof, shall ye take for a prey unto yourselves: lay thee an ambush for the city behind it.

Sometimes taking things from the enemy of God was allowed.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
maybe you wouldnt allow free water in africa because the rich people interests. those people are rich. you cant use the same measure in USA and siria a poorer country involved into a horrible war, refugees have nothing

Not sure what the connection is there?

I suppose you can maker an enemy out of them and then take their stuff, as suggested. Hey, I just decided I need some enemies too. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Friend, one can try to justify the theft of intellectual property anyway one sees fit, but it's still theft, and the Bible still contains Exodus 20:15.
i don't justify any sin, but i know god, he is not cruel nor tyrant
when david took the bread consecrated god didn't take that as a sin

Upvote 0