✟896,801.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
i am still lending my friend a videogame i bought

So, if you designed something and it was your source of income, you would have no idea with me copying your design and making it available for cheaper or free, impacting your income? You'd have no problem with that, right?

Please answer this :)

Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you put your photo on the internet then there is an implied consent that you are giving it away. Terms of service agreements require you to give up your rights to a photo if you store it on someones server or on the cloud.
dont refer to men's laws, refer to.god's law, your conscience
you xan upload a picture but you want people pay for using it or want not others use

Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, if you designed something and it was your source of income, you would have no idea with me copying your design and making it available for cheaper or free, impacting your income? You'd have no problem with that, right?

Please answer this :)
i turn the other cheek

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟896,801.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
i turn the other cheek

That's very easy to say.

Your name has artist in it. Would you not mind people profiting from your art without your permission? Using it without your permission?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People jump on my bandwagon all the time and copy what I am doing to make money. That is why Bill Gates is so rich, He can steal from anyone but just don't steal anything from him. I wish I could stop them because I would be making a lot more money. That is why I try to work out a deal for an exclusive so I do not have to deal with the competition.

Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's very easy to say.

Your name has artist in it. Would you not mind people profiting from your art without your permission? Using it without your permission?
in usa not, in africa o would give it for free through biddings with the government

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in usa not, in africa o would give it for free through biddings with the government
That is what Bill Clinton wanted to do is give the drugs away to Africa for cost. From what I hear though people steal the drugs and they they still end up getting sold.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
finally the goverment of usa could give free entertainment to the third world
I think God is going to judge the USA for exporting our corrupted entertainment to the third world. This has already begun. God does not allow people to be a bad influence to others. People can choose to be corrupt but the problem is when they corrupt others.

Matthew 5:19 "So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "

5:18 "For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That is what Bill Clinton wanted to do is give the drugs away to Africa for cost. From what I hear though people steal the drugs and they they still end up getting sold.
may africa be a blessed land, although if god wants only, cause africa is a hell, do god forgot them? i think.not. but it's mysterious some paths of our.lord

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dont refer to men's laws, refer to.god's law, your conscience
you can upload a picture but you want people pay for using it or want not others use
Yes people do not understand God's law was given for our benefit because of His love for us.

David explains this in the 119 psalm: "Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this is a debatable topic, i mean, when you hear some christian song on youtube that the owner never uploaded ....... are you stealing? and so, the same with everything else online

YouTube only permits the use of material if the owner does not object. The YouTube upload engine detects many copyrighted works. If the work is on YouTube, it's probably permitted by the owner.

is it a sin? why? when the disciples ate wheat for free, were they stealing? no

That's not stealing because the Mosaic Law explicitly permits hand-gleaning of fields. In fact, the Law required field owners to permit hand-gleaning.

So neither of your examples are theft because in each case, use is permitted.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i think the same with copyrighted images,
USA law says you can use it for personal use, i think this law is wrong, what about photographers rights?

As a creator of intellectual property myself--a portrait photographer--being very concerned about copyright because it's money in my own pocket, I'm fully on board with the provision that allows certain personal use. Such use as permitted by the law does not deprive me of income. In fact, it actually functions as marketing in my behalf: "Tag me when you post it."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bitcoin is virtual and not material and a Bitcoin is worth $13,000.

It's immoral. End of story. If you want to find a loophole then you're asking the wrong questions, and you need to be asking them of yourself, not the opinions of others.

Well, by the year 2000, fully 90% of all global wealth was purely virtual.

Yes, take all the gold, all the property, all the buildings, all the yachts, all the luxury automobiles, all the homes in the entire world--and they still amounted to only 10% of the wealth in the world. The other 90% is represented purely virtually.

Take Jeff Bezos, for instance, just named the wealthiest man in the world. Does he actually own billions of dollars' worth of things? Nope. He just has lots and lots of zeros payable to him according to electronic ledgers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,440,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
finally the goverment of usa could give free entertainment to the third world. it"s a good idea. not all is capitalism, the goverment must intervene

Food would be a better idea--American entertainment is no benefit.

But then, American processed food is also questionable.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2017
England
✟17,003.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this is a debatable topic, i mean, when you hear some christian song on youtube that the owner never uploaded ....... are you stealing? and so, the same with everything else online

will you go to india to tell the children they can't watch disney online because they are stealing? they are poor, they have nothing

I used to watch movies online and very rarely do that anymore... I think I felt convicted by the fact that I hadn't paid for them and yet was still watching them. It just didn't sit well with me? While there's not a specific passage in the Bible that says, "Thou shall not watch films illegally online", I think there is an element of wisdom that comes into it, and whether we are honouring God by doing something that is considered illegal in some countries.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

will you go to india to tell the children they can't watch disney online because they are stealing? they are poor, they have nothing

If you encounter anything on youtube that you think was not uploaded by its owner, then contact the owner about it. Many companies today contract with internet youtube catchalls to play their old movies that are no longer being sold to keep group interest in them. This method of research has caused some movie studios, producers to release a best of set of movies.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Any unauthorized viewing is piracy.
But I personally believe that the refund process for watching bad movies in theaters makes it difficult to insist that all movies should be seen in theaters. And I was a movie usher for years in high school.

Upvote 0