If homosexuality is proven to be biological . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WhatThe

Name one thing you do (both unconscious & conscious) that is not your personal choice.
A person does not choose who they are attracted to/who they love. They can decide if they will act on those feelings or not, but the actual feelings are not a choice.

so when any traditional-therapies fail miserably, as you said; the helpful thing to do is quit??
When research shows that the therapy is a harmful waste of time, then there is no point to continue.

How much better, to apply therapies that do succeed... in
this case: helping 'homosexuals' change their mind, & heal.
There are not any therapies that succeed. There are no studies that show that therapy is needed, there are no studies that show that therapy can change a person's sexuality.
However, there are studies that show that attempts to do so are harmful.

Upvote 0

mylittlelambs

Nov 17, 2005
PA
✟631.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It will not be found to be biological
Probably not because Christianity and religion will do everything they can to stop this so they can be "right" I truly feel that there is a gene and it can be found but with the choke hold religion has on the world they will never let it get out. Sad

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are no studies that show that therapy is needed ...

And that is the bottom line as far as I see it. Why in God's name should a homosexually-oriented person NEED to change?? To satisfy the rather pompous and self-righteous criteria of people such as sk8Joyful and Polycarp_fan?

God forbid!

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
sk8Joyful said:
Now, the APA waltzed along; with claims like Man-boy love is only 'normal';
for excusing nameless "the-rapists" from continuing to forcably... rape :eek: countless patient clients, aka "liberalizing" them.

[citation needed]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hsmommyofmany

Oct 24, 2008
suffolk, virginia
Visit site
✟7,895.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
just came across this blog post if anyone is interested in reading it. for those who are for the gay marriage issue...i am sure you probably already have arguments against all of these points, but i think it does a good job of summing up the argument for those of us who see homosexuality (or at least homosexual acts) as wrong in the eyes of God.

i can not say anything else because i do not even know what this thread is about anymore...it seems to have evolved into a shouting match between a select few. it is strange to me that sometimes those of us with legitamate posts are never adressed because people become so wrapped up in one-upping another person. at least take a look at this. (i hope the link works) thanks. praying for hearts to be open to what God wants from his people:prayer:

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/200...including-the-words-of-jesus-and-god-himself/

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It will not be found to be biological

You hope? Most (Christian) people that are militantly negative toward homosexuality are being deceptive when they use Gods alleged word to condemn homosexuality. It's THEY and not God who have a problem with homosexuality. This is yet another reason why I've turned away from present-day Christianity. Its (present-day Christianity's) falseness is overwhelming. I'm particularly skeptical of the pretentious teachings of the Pentecostal Church.

Anyway, who are you to make such a bold statement as It will not be found to be biological?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
just came across this blog post if anyone is interested in reading it. for those who are for the gay marriage issue...i am sure you probably already have arguments against all of these points, but i think it does a good job of summing up the argument for those of us who see homosexuality (or at least homosexual acts) as wrong in the eyes of God.

i can not say anything else because i do not even know what this thread is about anymore...it seems to have evolved into a shouting match between a select few. it is strange to me that sometimes those of us with legitamate posts are never adressed because people become so wrapped up in one-upping another person. at least take a look at this. (i hope the link works) thanks. praying for hearts to be open to what God wants from his people:prayer:

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/200...including-the-words-of-jesus-and-god-himself/
sexprefhered1.jpg

This may be the single best representative example I have ever seen proving that most people have absolutely zero grasp of the way genetics work.:doh:

This proves to me that the blogger in question has no credibility whatsoever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Washington

Jul 3, 2003
Washington state
✟7,305.00
Faith
Agnostic
OphidiaPhile said:
This may be the single best representative example I have ever seen proving that most people have absolutely zero grasp of the way genetics work.

This proves to me that the blogger in question has no credibility whatsoever.
It seems pretty much in keeping with the general ignorance of many anti-gay and anti-SS marriage people. The chart: one of those funny/sad things.

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[B said:
hsmommyofmany[/B]]just came across this blog post if anyone is interested in reading it. for those who are for the gay marriage issue...i am sure you probably already have arguments against all of these points, but i think it does a good job of summing up the argument for those of us who see homosexuality (or at least homosexual acts) as wrong in the eyes of God.

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2008...d-god-himself/

This chart is misleading.
Homosexual couples still have the capability to produce children.
Lesbians can use en-vitro fertilization with donated sperm to have babies, while gay couples can donate sperm and have another woman bear the child for the couple.
In addition, in my opinion, homosexuality may pair up loose males in situations where there is a disproportionate amount of males for every female; normally, the lack of females would lead to the males becoming violent and erratic in their attempts to win females, potentially causing rape and increased violence between males. Homosexuality might reduce the amount of competing males by pairing up males with males, reducing unrest.
But that's just my take on it.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally Posted by sk8Joyful
There are no studies that show that therapy is needed ...
"Intentionally ^_^ misquoting" people is your bottom line??

Well, now we know!
There are no studies that show therapy is needed for normal behavior.
What we do have though are studies that show therapy for a manufactured problem is detrimental.

If you did not already know you are the quote mining queen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.