If homosexuality is proven to be biological . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Almost all species dream,
it is a product of the subconscious and is NOT a choice.
Admitting to having a subconscious mind, yet you believe this part of you has "no choice...s"??

Again, shows what little you currently know -but there's hope :), you can yet learn :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Admitting to having a subconscious mind, yet you believe this part of you has "no choice...s"??

Again, shows what little you currently know -but there's hope :), you can yet learn :thumbsup:
An excerpt from a PH.D that specializes in dreams.

On Dreams and Dreaming
By Rita Mullin
textsmaller.gif

textlarger.gif

Patricia Garfield, Ph.D., is a world-renowned dream expert. She is a co-founder and former president of the Association for the Study of Dreams (ASD). Her book, "Creative Dreaming," first published in 1974, is considered a classic work on lucid dreaming and its updated edition remains in print. Her other books include "Your Child's Dreams," "Women's Bodies, Women's Dreams," "The Healing Power of Dreams," and "The Universal Dream Key." She holds a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from Temple University. What happens when we dream?
Dr. Garfield: When we dream, our central nervous system is going into an active state, which it is does periodically during our sleep. Nobody is quite sure why, by the way. Is it a testing of the system to see if everything's still working? We don't quite know.
Physiological changes occur periodically during sleep so that our heart rate goes up somewhat, our breathing gets more rapid, our temperature slightly increases, our brain waves change. And although our large muscles are inhibited, so that we don't start acting out our dreams, the small muscles around our mouth, our fingers and our eyes twitch back and forth accompanying the central nervous system arousal.
There's a sexual arousal as well — this is a part of the whole system. So the idea of dreams having a sexual component is literally true. That is, men experience erection and women become more lubricated, but this is just one aspect of what is happening physically in dreaming.
I describe dreaming as a three-story house. On the basement level you've got the physical changes going on in the body, and then, on the main floor of the house, you've got these visual images, sounds, and sometimes smells and all the other physical experiences we have in dreams that are expressive of our emotional state, how we are psychologically at the moment.
At another level, kind of the attic, there are sometimes experiences that we can't explain in which people connect with on another level of themselves, whether it's the spiritual or creative, or extrasensory. We don't know how this happens, but sometimes people have very unusual experiences in dreams, for example, a dream where someone to whom they're emotionally close comes to say goodbye and that they love them and that that they will always be watching for them and the person wakes up and a few hours later learns that person has died at the time of the dream. And these are very powerful experiences for the dreamer that we can't explain in a scientifically acceptable manner.
All of these experiences are there when we dream: the physical changes in our bodies, the psychological expression of how we're feeling emotionally at the time of the dream, and this other world that we sometimes seem to touch in dreams.
Why do we dream? Why did that capability evolve?
Dr. Garfield: Well, that's the question that has really been unanswerable. Many people have suggested different reasons. From an evolutionary point of view there have been speculations that dreams have evolved to periodically make sure that everything is working in the central nervous system and to be alert, alerted in a way that one could be responsive to danger in an environment. For example, if a person dreams that someone is breaking into their apartment and they see a hand creeping in, and then they suddenly wake up and realize that there is a strange noise, there is something happening that their dreaming mind has picked up first. But it doesn't explain all dreaming.
The current thinking is that dreaming is an important component of memory and that we do know that when people are learning new things, they take a language immersion course, for example, dreaming literally increases. Dreaming increases when we're learning new tasks, and if we're prevented from dreaming after we've learned something new, our memory for it is very poor. Even if we're allowed to sleep, but our dreaming is interrupted. There is a lot of evidence now that suggests dreaming is an important component of short-term memory. So, this is one possibility and perhaps one that's quite important. But, the bottom line is we truly don't know why we dream.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That you should be ashamed for putting you god concept

above the mental health, of loving and caring human beings.
You've got that right: From GOD's love, He created us humanity. And from GOD's love & care, He said "don't do it" (homosexuality)
And from GOD's loving care, such of us help other people.

Now, the APA waltzed along; with claims like Man-boy love is only 'normal';
for excusing nameless "the-rapists" from continuing to forcably... rape :eek: countless patient clients, aka "liberalizing" them. -
And what's worse, they feel no shame!
How dare such a 'mental-health' field, call such despicable, & harmfull actions "loving and caring"???

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You've got that right: From GOD's love, He created us humanity. And from GOD's love & care, He said "don't do it" (homosexuality)

for excusing nameless "the-rapists" from continuing to forcably... rape :eek: countless patient clients, aka "liberalizing" them. -
How dare such a 'mental-health' field, call such despicable, & harmfull actions "loving and caring"???
How dare you equate homosexuality to pedophilia. There is nowhere in your bible that your god says anything of homosexuality. That homosexuality is normal is fact, you cannot change that.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An excerpt from a PH.D that specializes in dreams. Patricia Garfield, Ph.D., is a world-renowned dream expert.

There is a lot of evidence now that suggests dreaming is an important component of short-term memory. So, this is one possibility and perhaps one that's quite important. But, the bottom line is we truly don't know why we dream.
There's a mountain of research, explaining "dreaming".

That one isn't aware of such, makes one an expert in it??

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Your arrogance, your flaunting of perceived knowledge that you don't even possess, your smug smiley icons ...speak volumes about you, sk8Joyful. It's because of Christians who post in the way you do that has caused me to rethink my own original Christian beliefs. More and more I'm beginning to reject something that was once a big part of me. That is present day 'Christianity', by the way, certainly not Jesus.

And, by the way, I am not 'gay' ...not that I would need to justify myself to you if I was.

Upvote 0

mylittlelambs

Nov 17, 2005
PA
✟631.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Wow, so now I am like a pedophile? Next you will say I have sex with monkeys :) Some people, I bet I can find something you do that I dont agree with but never would I relate you to a rapist!

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There's a mountain of research, explaining "dreaming".

That one isn't aware of such, makes one an expert in it??
Yet you have never posted a single example of this research that supports any of your assertions. There is no research I have ever seen that says dreaming is a choice.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your arrogance, your flaunting of perceived knowledge that you don't even possess, your smug smiley icons ...speak volumes about you, sk8Joyful. It's because of Christians who post in the way you do that has caused me to rethink my own original Christian beliefs. More and more I'm beginning to reject something that was once a big part of me. That is present day 'Christianity', by the way, certainly not Jesus.

And, by the way, I am not 'gay' ...not that I would need to justify myself to you if I was.
I may not agree with you on everything KCKID but I very much respect the way in which you obviously care about others in doing so. Just so you know I always read your posts fully for a well thought out position.

Cheers

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, so now I am like a pedophile? Next you will say I have sex with monkeys :) Some people, I bet I can find something you do that I dont agree with but never would I relate you to a rapist!

Don't allow her to push your buttons. Deep down she is not what she claims to be. No one could post in the way she does if that were true. She may not even be aware of this. Choice?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I may not agree with you on everything KCKID but I very much respect the way in which you obviously care about others in doing so. Just so you know I always read your posts fully for a well thought out position.

Cheers

Thank you.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by sk8Joyful

Now, the APA waltzed along with claims like Man-boy love is only 'normal';
excusing nameless "the-rapists" from continuing to forcably... rape :eek: countless patients, aka "liberalizing" them.

How dare you equate homosexuality to pedophilia.
YES! agreed: "the-rapists" in any field, especially the medical & counseling" fields, who
continue forcably RAPING both children & adults,
should have
1. their License to practice, permanently denied.
2. be imprisoned, for their crimes-against-humanity; or worse.

There is nowhere in your bible that your god says anything of homosexuality.
Merlin already covered, the "lingo"; no need to do it again.

That homosexuality is normal is fact, you cannot change that.
That GOD said "Come, Follow... me", you cannot change that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally Posted by sk8Joyful

Now, the APA waltzed along with claims like Man-boy love is only 'normal';

YES! agreed: "the-rapists" in any field, especially the medical & counseling" fields, who continue forceably RAPING both children & adults,
should have their
1. their License to practice, permanently denied.
2. be imprisoned, for their crimes-against-humanity; or worse.
Nice way of completely twisting what I said but it does not change the fact the homosexuality does not equate to an increased propensity for pedophilia in fact most pedophiles are heterosexual.

Merlin already covered, the "lingo"; no need to do it again.
Merlin most certainly did not, the bible was written by men.

That GOD said "Come, Follow... me", you cannot change that.

only in your own opinion
You cannot prove that a single word in said bible was that from a god, so therefore it is but your opinion. Mine is based on evidence or should I say lack of evidence of a god.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your arrogance,
your flaunting of perceived knowledge,
your smug smiley icons ...speak volumes about you, sk8Joyful.
Here's a constructive choice you can make instead: Choose to read with different... eyes.

re "smiley icons": Choosing living as a Christlike joyfully passionate constructive person; plus
helping others, also live as a joyfully passionate constructive person, you somehow managed to twist into "smug"?? - Strange!

re "arrogance": that is not my m.o. - tho in your erroneous judgments of me, apparently you're quite practiced in it?

And do not confuse that, with "with :hug: GOD as our Helper, all things are possible" kind of confidence.

re "knowledge not possessed" - your own opinion, has no bearing.

It's because of Christians who post in the way you do,

that has caused me to rethink my own original Christian beliefs.
More and more I'm beginning to reject something that was once a big part of me.
Can't you just see yourself, on Judgment-day now:
"But GOD,
it's all Annie's fault, that I de-converted. I hated! the way she used Smileys, and
excudes confidence in following you, for helping others of my brothers & sisters heal
, GOD"

Where do you think that will get you? - Stop being silly.

Again, here's an authentic, passionate, constructive choice you can make instead:

Choose to read with different... eyes.
You know like
JESUS says "by their fruits, ye shall know them". Cheers! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aye, ne'er has truer words been spoken!
I know much about Jesus' followers and their fruits, most of which are not favorable!
sadly true! - JESUS called 12 disciples, unto Him, for starters; and yet He was (betrayed.- so we could be saved.)
and
GOD's "Jews" are not yet traditionally recognizing GOD, either;
again, so more of us Gentiles can be saved. And in the end, everything will turn out right.

And Jesus did say, in Luke 10:2: "Then he said to them,
"The harvest is indeed plentiful, but the laborers are few.
Pray therefore to the Lord of the harvest, that he may send out laborers into his harvest."

Serving as GOD's laborer, isn't always easy, because of the world's sins... - but
it is very Rewarding :thumbsup: to help :hug: people heal... :clap: :amen:

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's a constructive choice you can make instead: Choose to read with different... eyes.

re "smiley icons": Choosing living as a Christlike joyfully passionate constructive person; plus
helping others, also live as a joyfully passionate constructive person, you somehow managed to twist into "smug"?? - Strange!

re "arrogance": that is not my m.o. - tho in your erroneous judgments of me, apparently you're quite practiced in it?

And do not confuse that, with "with :hug: GOD as our Helper, all things are possible" kind of confidence.

re "knowledge not possessed" - your own opinion, has no bearing.

Can't you just see yourself, on Judgment-day now:
"But GOD,
it's all Annie's fault, that I de-converted. I hated! the way she used Smileys, and
excudes confidence in following you, for helping others of my brothers & sisters heal, GOD"

Where do you think that will get you? - Stop being silly.

Again, here's an authentic, passionate, constructive choice you can make instead:

Choose to read with different... eyes. You know like
JESUS says "by their fruits, ye shall know them". Cheers! :thumbsup:

Annie, normally I would find it intellectually beneath me to respond to much of your above post. However, I hope that you're maturely able to comprehend my words when I say that it's ATTITUDES such as yours that have me questioning present-day (as I said in my post) Christianity. In other words, it's NOT Christianity as per Jesus that I'm questioning but the arrogance behind YOUR brand of Christianity. You see, I can find Jesus nowhere in your posts. Now do you understand?

If I make it to heaven I will trust that I made it based on my regard for other people who were no worse than I was rather than my having thrown scriptures of condemnation in the faces of my peers. In any event, I'm sure that it will be a very humbling experience.

Advice: Use your 'Christian zeal' for the betterment of your neighbor. I don't believe that you're doing so at the moment. Also, be careful that you don't give atheists, agnostics, and those of other religions A VALID REASON to hate Christianity!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caitlin.ann

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
Indiana
✟30,277.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
sadly true! - JESUS called 12 disciples, unto Him, for starters; and yet He was (betrayed.- so we could be saved.)
and
GOD's "Jews" are not yet traditionally recognizing GOD, either;
again, so more of us Gentiles can be saved. And in the end, everything will turn out right.

And Jesus did say, in Luke 10:2: "Then he said to them,
"The harvest is indeed plentiful, but the laborers are few.
Pray therefore to the Lord of the harvest, that he may send out laborers into his harvest."

Serving as GOD's laborer, isn't always easy, because of the world's sins... - but
it is very Rewarding :thumbsup: to help :hug: people heal... :clap: :amen:

I can help people without your Jesus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.