If homosexuality is proven to be biological . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This chart is misleading.
Homosexual couples still have the capability to produce children.
Lesbians can use en-vitro fertilization with donated sperm to have babies, while gay couples can donate sperm and have another woman bear the child for the couple.
In addition, in my opinion, homosexuality may pair up loose males in situations where there is a disproportionate amount of males for every female; normally, the lack of females would lead to the males becoming violent and erratic in their attempts to win females, potentially causing rape and increased violence between males. Homosexuality might reduce the amount of competing males by pairing up males with males, reducing unrest.
But that's just my take on it.
Heterosexual people can have homosexual children just as two parents with brown eyes can have blue or green eyed offspring(it is the same mutation). I am not saying that homosexuality is a simple recessive trait however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sk8Joyful: it is very Rewarding to help people heal...

Indeed it is. So why don't you start doing that?

Find someone who needs to heal,
instead of harping on about something that is not harmful, or an illness, or anything in fact.

"start"? ;)
since 1975, I've been engaged in working helping (chronically-sick) people successfully heal :clap: and
what allowed me to truthfully make the above statement.

Cheers! :wave:

Upvote 0

hsmommyofmany

Oct 24, 2008
suffolk, virginia
Visit site
✟7,895.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
why do some of you find it necessary to insult people who have different views and call them "stupid" while trying to promote your ideas of acceptance. isnt that a little hypocritical? just because someone chooses to follow God and his Word does not make them stupid. i have 2 masters degrees and went to medical school...i also believe in God and the bible...so...am i stupid?

and by the way...that chart was stupid and was certainly the least important part of what was posted. if you had read what he wrote about it there was a reference to it being totally obvious. perhaps you focused on that just because it was the biggest thing on the page?

as far as the children issue...yes a woman in a lesbian relationship can have a baby...not without a man though....hmmm...a man and a woman...the only way to have a child...shouldnt that play any part in the debate on homosexulaity. if God thought homosexuality was ok then how come there is not a way for a homosexual couple to reproduce with a combo of their own genes?

Upvote 0
W

WhatThe

as far as the children issue...yes a woman in a lesbian relationship can have a baby...not without a man though....hmmm...a man and a woman...the only way to have a child...shouldnt that play any part in the debate on homosexulaity. if God thought homosexuality was ok then how come there is not a way for a homosexual couple to reproduce with a combo of their own genes?

Because it is no different to a heterosexual couple, where one member is infertile. If your husband was infertile, and you had to use donor sperm to conceive, wouldn't you still see him as being the father of that child?
To my mind, biological links are the LEAST important part of being a parent.

And actually, there IS as way for two people of the same gender to reproduce. It's actually been done, but it's currently still in the trial period for humans.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If by "chronically-sick" you mean "gay", then you haven't been helping.
Both personally & prof., I don't support any practices of Changing, anyone who doesn't want it;
including therefore, a "homo"sexual Individual.

In my opinion, it is morally-wrong to carry-out *Change-work*,
unless a person specifically asks me to help her/him succeed.
Then, it's just a brief :thumbsup: matter of time, before he/she gains their own chosen goals.

What I have been saying in this thread:
1. Yes, "homo"-sexuality IS another behavioral choice; and
2. For such Individuals who have wanted to regain their Original-state,
they have been helped successfully, by other practitioners I am familiar with.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
already isn't. - And
like I told you in my Rep-comments: "I see you're 'a CF-newbie'.
Please, do not allow (the habitually-nasty, to ruffle) your *peace*... GOD Bless! :angel: you :wave:

Another blatant lie.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
why do some of you find it necessary to insult people who have different views and call them "stupid"
while trying to promote your ideas of acceptance. isnt that a little hypocritical?

just because someone chooses to follow God and his Word does not make them stupid.
i have 2 masters degrees and went to medical school...i also believe in God and the bible...so...am i stupid?

if God thought homosexuality was ok
then how come there is not a way for a homosexual couple to reproduce with a combo of their own genes?
Exactly :thumbsup:

(most folks are not in the habit of "thinking... Independent";
as this requires generally more intelligence, than what can be found here.)

I started asking such, and other questions here, but gave up.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
why do some of you find it necessary to insult people who have different views and call them "stupid" while trying to promote your ideas of acceptance. isnt that a little hypocritical? just because someone chooses to follow God and his Word does not make them stupid. i have 2 masters degrees and went to medical school...i also believe in God and the bible...so...am i stupid?
I would not say all people that believe in god are stupid but a great many are and even more are deluded. I am not saying anyone in particular is but I would say that religious emotionalism does not lend itself to rational thought.

and by the way...that chart was stupid and was certainly the least important part of what was posted. if you had read what he wrote about it there was a reference to it being totally obvious. perhaps you focused on that just because it was the biggest thing on the page?
Nothing else there means anything at all. The bible has yet to be proven to be anything more that ancient man trying to explain that which he could not to an uneducated mass public with control as the end result. Nor does the bible have anything to do with determining the civil rights of a defined minority.

What about the hypothesis that posits an increased population spawns an increase in the homosexual population as one of natures methods to somewhat control population increases with the added benefit of homosexual couples adopting some of the unwanted children that would end up falling through the cracks otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hsmommyofmany

Oct 24, 2008
suffolk, virginia
Visit site
✟7,895.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because it is no different to a heterosexual couple, where one member is infertile. If your husband was infertile, and you had to use donor sperm to conceive, wouldn't you still see him as being the father of that child?
To my mind, biological links are the LEAST important part of being a parent.

And actually, there IS as way for two people of the same gender to reproduce. It's actually been done, but it's currently still in the trial period for humans.

i understand about the non-biological parent issue, i have adopted children that are no less important to me than my biological ones. personally i could never use another mans sperm to conceive a child, but i understand why people do it. it still remains...a man and a woman need to provide the genetic material.

i am very interested to see your evidence of same sex embryos being successful. since i have quite a bit of medical experience...the literature i have read shows where it has been tried but never viable. thanks

Upvote 0
W

WhatThe

i understand about the non-biological parent issue, i have adopted children that are no less important to me than my biological ones. personally i could never use another mans sperm to conceive a child, but i understand why people do it. it still remains...a man and a woman need to provide the genetic material.
So you agree with me, but i'm still wrong??? :confused:
WHY does it matter where the child comes from, as long as it is loved? It's the choice of the parents. Even if I was straight, I would have no desire to biologically parent children, simply because that isn't my role in this lifetime.

i am very interested to see your evidence of same sex embryos being successful. since i have quite a bit of medical experience...the literature i have read shows where it has been tried but never viable. thanks
I didn't say it was perfect yet, I said it was in the trial process:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...6/Sperm-cells-created-from-female-embryo.html

I just found this, which looks interesting http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2008/02/calling-jerry-s.html

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
sk8Joyful said:

Thinking...independent?
Wha?
It's not very nice to insult the intelligence of the people you argue against. Personal attacks are unrelated to the issue we are discussing.

hsmommyofmany said:

I think you need to read my and Ophidia's posts. We said before that homosexual couples do have a social effect of reducing violence and overpopulation, as the power to conceive is not necessarily a good thing when there are not enough resources to provide a good life for the offspring.

Upvote 0

OphidiaPhile

Sep 26, 2008
Northern California
✟3,947.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I started asking such, and other questions here, but gave up.
I would posit that those that only use the bible to determine what is biologically, emotionally or psychologically healthy or normal are not thinking independently, logically or particularly intelligently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would not say all people that believe in god are stupid but a great many are and even more are deluded. I am not saying anyone in particular is but I would say that religious emotionalism does not lend itself to rational thought.

You know, there's not too many things anyone can do about another person's unbelief. But those who have been transformed by Jesus Christ can only continue to pray that God remains merciful, and that by His grace, those who currently don't believe will be provided the opportunity to see just how much Jesus loves them.:)

Nothing else there means anything at all. The bible has yet to be proven to be anything more that ancient man trying to explain that which he could not to an uneducated mass public with control as the end result. Nor does the bible have anything to do with determining the civil rights of a defined minority.

Proving the Bible is true is not going to convince anyone that Jesus loves them or that He died on the Cross, was buried and resurrected just so that He could be with them for all eternity. If you want to be convinced, challenge Jesus to prove Himself to you. Ask Him to make it known to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is Lord and that He loves you.

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

How very Jesus-like of you
Good job :thumbsup:
Keep up spreading the non-Gospel and just insulting people.
You ARE a Christian, right?

Upvote 0

roflcopter101

Zero Gravitas
Dec 16, 2008
San Jose, CA
✟8,374.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OphidiaPhile said:
I would posit that those that only use the bible to determine what is biologically, emotionally or psychologically healthy or normal are not thinking independently, logically or particularly intelligently.

Thirded.

Zaac said:
You know, there's not too many things anyone can do about another person's unbelief. But those who have been transformed by Jesus Christ can only continue to pray that God remains merciful, and that by His grace, those who currently don't believe will be provided the opportunity to see just how much Jesus loves them.:)

How is that related to religious emotionalism being good or bad?

Zaac said:
Proving the Bible is true is not going to convince anyone that Jesus loves them or that He died on the Cross, was buried and resurrected just so that He could be with them for all eternity. If you want to be convinced, challenge Jesus to prove Himself to you. Ask Him to make it known to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is Lord and that He loves you.

Then what convinced you that Jesus did those things?
Is not your god the lord, and Jesus but his messenger?
As for challenges, I'm afraid I have not been convinced when I did what you suggested I should do.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Then what convinced you that Jesus did those things?

I had an encounter with Him when I was 12. it's the same thing that convinces anyone who comes to faith in Him that He is Who He says He is.:)

Is not your god the lord, and Jesus but his messenger?

Jesus is Lord. And Jesus is God.

As for challenges, I'm afraid I have not been convinced when I did what you suggested I should do.

Ask again. :) Call on the name of Jesus and ask Him to show you that He is Lord and Savior.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you want to be convinced, challenge Jesus to prove Himself to you. Ask Him to make it known to you beyond a shadow of a doubt that He is Lord and that He loves you.
Been there
Done that
(not joking at ALL)
Got the "...and all I got was this stupid t shirt" t shirt.
(that part was a joke, just to be clear)

Hmmm, oddly your challenge is full of fail.
Epic Fail.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.