If homosexuality is proven to be biological . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

MedicinalFrog

Borderline Blasphemous
Dec 16, 2008
Michigan
✟7,641.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
how do you think fundie Christians will handle it?

I only read to page 8, to be honest, it got boring and got of the main point, but I saw beanieboy bring my point. I feel it got skipped over though, and never really addressed.

Fundie christians will try to pass laws to make it legal to test for it, and eradicate the genes that cause it.

It's why I oppose reserch to "explain" homosexuality. There is no need to explain it. So one group opposes it. Does that mean homosexuals should be treated as second-class citizens? No.

Reactions: CCGirl
Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's why I oppose reserch to "explain" homosexuality. There is no need to explain it. So one group opposes it. Does that mean homosexuals should be treated as second-class citizens? No.

I think that research into sexual orientation is absolutely justified. You may not care, but personally I'm very interested in how my sexual orientation developed and I know a lot of people, queer or not, who are interested too. Being queer is an important issue for quite a few individuals. Having an explanation for it or an understanding of it matters a great deal to many of them.

Upvote 0
B

Braunwyn

How did you pay off the debt?

unfortunately we have not paid off the debt yet, we are working on it.
I know this is so OT! but it boggles my mind. Right now I'm paying the minimum on my student loans, which aren't a quater of what you're loans are, and I'm not denting them. I currently have them at a 30 yr pay off (this is temporary until my husband finishes school and begins working). I also haven't consoldated (for years now) because I've been waiting for the rates to drop, which they have so I'll probably lock them in this year (before June). Your minimum must be in the several hundreds per month, even with a sick low interest rate. With both of you not working, even with a VA check, I don't know how you guys are managing. Everything is so tough right now. I'd think I'd have a nervous break down with that kind of debt.

Upvote 0

MedicinalFrog

Borderline Blasphemous
Dec 16, 2008
Michigan
✟7,641.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that research into sexual orientation is absolutely justified. You may not care, but personally I'm very interested in how my sexual orientation developed and I know a lot of people, queer or not, who are interested too. Being queer is an important issue for quite a few individuals. Having an explanation for it or an understanding of it matters a great deal to many of them.

It's that not that I don't care. I personally feel though, that if hetersexuals don't have to explain themselves, why should I? I have a strange feeling that christians will only use that information to eradicate homosexuals.

I think it would be very interesting to know why I am gay, but I don't feel like I should have to explain myself. No reason to. I am just another person, why try to explain the differences?

Upvote 0

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It's that not that I don't care. I personally feel though, that if hetersexuals don't have to explain themselves, why should I? I have a strange feeling that christians will only use that information to eradicate homosexuals.

I think it would be very interesting to know why I am gay, but I don't feel like I should have to explain myself. No reason to. I am just another person, why try to explain the differences?

I agree that you're not obliged to explain yourself, but I don't think that's reason enough to cease all investigation into the sources of sexual orientation.

The fact is that those who have a problem with queer people are going to have a problem with them whether or not they know the reasons that those people are queer, and whatever reasons those turn out to be. And personally, it's been much easier for me to be at peace with myself, knowing and admitting to the way I came to my own sexual orientation. I suspect that it might be of similar help to other queer people. It might also be of help in treating queer people who have psychological problems.

There's a difference between investigating queerness for defensive reasons and investigating it for reasons of health and/or simple interest.

Upvote 0

hsmommyofmany

Oct 24, 2008
suffolk, virginia
Visit site
✟7,895.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know this is so OT! but it boggles my mind. Right now I'm paying the minimum on my student loans, which aren't a quater of what you're loans are, and I'm not denting them. I currently have them at a 30 yr pay off (this is temporary until my husband finishes school and begins working). I also haven't consoldated (for years now) because I've been waiting for the rates to drop, which they have so I'll probably lock them in this year (before June). Your minimum must be in the several hundreds per month, even with a sick low interest rate. With both of you not working, even with a VA check, I don't know how you guys are managing. Everything is so tough right now. I'd think I'd have a nervous break down with that kind of debt.

well, it certainly is not easy. we are hoping that my husband can get another job soon, he just has so many needs it is hard to find something that fits and makes use of his degree. my biggest fear right now with the economy is that they will call in the student loans and personally we would be bankrupt as i am sure many people would be. i have been trying to consoladate but have not managed to get that done yet. i have been fortunate that my loan company has been very accomodating so far and have helped me any way they can. fortunately we are almost done paying off my husbands loans and our car, if i could get the credit cards payed off we could actually start paying principal on my loan....whew...i have anxiety just thinking about that giant task. i just hope we get it payed off before we die so my kids do not have to aquire it :D i will peobably go back to work part time at some point, it may eb a necessity. but we just wait and see what God has in store for us. i take comfort in knowing he has the game plan. He will provide, he always has:D

good luck!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.