• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

If GOP stands for White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it's not going to win anything

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by SummerMadness, May 3, 2021.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+11,569
    Catholic
    No, but it was elected GOP officials that made pictures of the White House with a watermelon patch when President Obama came into office. It was a GOP mailer that depicted President Obama with racist stereotypes. It was a GOP voter ID law that was struck down in NC because they specifically targeted African Americans with surgical precision. Or how about the Trump state campaign chair that called Michelle Obama a gorilla. Or how about the unpopular one-term president who used birtherism to launch his political career. Birtherism is racism. And let's not forget people that worked for that failed administration being unabashed white supremacists.

Really, the racism that runs in the modern GOP has a long history. I know, bring up the Democratic Party and the Confederacy, as if that is relevant in today's day and age. Last I checked, it wasn't Democrats clamoring to wave a failed, traitorous 19th century battle standard in the 21st century.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  2. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,507
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Quick, someone tell the A.M.E. that they are really white.......

3. civilwarbuff

+6,507
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Wow, did you actually count how many Jim Crow Laws were passed during democrats control of the south? That musta taken a while.......

4. civilwarbuff

+6,507
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    You do know what that means right?......representative government......which has been part of English history since 1215.....unless you have a better form of government in mind?.....
    Magna Carta

5. civilwarbuff

+6,507
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Why is it you never seem to post your sources?.....

6. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+9,473
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    "Our Time is Now: the Fight for a Fair America" by Stacey Abrams.

Available at your library and online library. My post just scratches the surface.

7. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+9,483
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Anglos and Saxons were illegal immigrants to Britain.

8. Tiberius Lee

Tiberius Lee Well-Known Member

+1,920
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    They were illegal immigrants in America too until they killed the natives and took over their land.

9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,091
    Anglican
    Married
    Apparently, we're supposed now to believe that the United States did NOT rebel against and separate from England but rather from...France? or Mexico, perhaps? :doh:

If that were the case, we as a nation would NOT have inherited much of our system of values from the country that we'd been part of for so many previous generations. But that's not the usual pattern, if we look at the history of other nations. And there's nothing devious, or immoral, or even surprising about it.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  10. SummerMadness

+11,569
    Catholic
    Do you even history? The Anglo-Saxon era was over before the Magna Carta. @Occams Barber already gave a great history lesson in post #5. People like Greene are bad at history, but loves their dog whistles.

11. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,499
    United States
    Married
    Every time I see the comparison of old Democrats to new, I am reminded if I ever wanted to know where they all went, I just look at one time President Trump, they became Republicans.

12. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+10,570
    Atheist
    Single
    Some have been some have not. Do you need examples of voter suppression laws that have been struck down? I can provide you with some. Court cases take time. Those lawmakers know this. A law can still be on the books for a while before it is struck down and do the damage that it was designed to do.

13. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+12,499
    United States
    Married
    Gerrymandering and voter suppression is so 2020. What needs to be done is to create laws that target the people you want to suppress, like say, outlaw menthol cigarettes, then with our accepted police practices, it's a legal shoot em up with no consequences.

14. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+10,570
    Atheist
    Single
    Do you really think that the political makeup of parties does not change over the years? I used to be Republican largely because they were the fiscally responsible party. That ended some time ago. Now they are just the anti-tax and anti-freedom party.

15. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,091
    Anglican
    Married
    Senator Byrd (the Klansman), his pal Joe Biden, and dozens of Southern segregationists in Congress who belonged to the Democratic Party were certainly not before my/our time.

16. SummerMadness

+11,569
    Catholic
    At least Robert Byrd apologized. What’s your excuse, David Duke?
    So let me get this straight, man that saw the error of his ways, apologized and then fought for civil rights bad. But people who continuously deny racism of the past (e.g., worship of Confederacy) and the present (e.g., NC voter ID laws, birtherism, portrayal of first black president using racial stereotypes, etc.) not racist. Ok, cool.

The sad part is those complaining about people calling Tim Scott an Uncle Tom don't actually care because they sat by idly and defended people like Rush Limbaugh making racist statements about Barack Obama as a "magic negro", people calling him a Halfrican, and the entire racist birtherism garbage that used to infect this forum.

Nonetheless, you have a sitting congresswoman making dog whistle racist statements, yet they're still trying to defend it even though many in her own party called out the racism for what it was.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,077
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Never did that...don't even listen to Rush and was unaware he said those things.

Voter ID laws aren't racist, claims of that are simply bigotry of low expectations (and don't take my word for it):

Ensuring that a potential president is a US citizen is pretty important, wouldn't you agree?

Maybe, just maybe, our Lt. Gov is right...and black people are being used as pawns for the sake of identity politics? Robinson says he finds that insulting, and I see why...and agree.

18. civilwarbuff

+6,507
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Try posting a link......

19. civilwarbuff

+6,507
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Sorta like what NA had been doing to each other for centuries. Man has always fought over land and resources; why would anyone believe it would be different here?

20. civilwarbuff

+6,507
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    People who don't know history always seem to get it wrong......
    BBC - History - Ancient History in depth: The Anglo-Saxons
    Anglo-Saxon rule came to an end in 1066, soon after the death of Edward the Confessor, who had no heir.
    RULE not ERA.....not the same thing as their influence lives on even today.
    Anglo
    noun Save Word An·glo | \ ˈaŋ-(ˌ)glō
    \
    plural Anglos
    Definition of Anglo
    (Entry 1 of 2)

1 : anglo-american
    2 : a white inhabitant of the U.S. of non-Hispanic descent