If GOP stands for White Anglo-Saxon Protestantism, then it's not going to win anything

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Those guys were conservative. Southern Dems were exceedingly conservative. Thats what defines them. Clearly todays D's are not conservative at all.
Nonetheless they are the parents of racism and Jim Crow......a legacy I have no intention of letting them forget about......especially when they try to throw the race card at white republicans.......

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nonetheless they are the parents of racism and Jim Crow......a legacy I have no intention of letting them forget about......especially when they try to throw the race card at white republicans.......
Have fun with that, I guess.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Have fun with that, I guess.
I will......it's a blast......seeing them stumble around disoriented. You gotta remember, most democrats, who tend to be on the younger side, were not around during Jim Crow and the democrats rule of the south......and they flounder when faced with evidence of their parties behavior.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I will......it's a blast......seeing them stumble around disoriented. You gotta remember, most democrats, who tend to be on the younger side, were not around during Jim Crow and the democrats rule of the south......and they flounder when faced with evidence of their parties behavior.
Do you flounder and stumble when people bring to your attention that being an "American" carries the same judgement?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do you flounder and stumble when people bring to your attention that being an "American" carries the same judgement?

It's that very same party that makes that judgement.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's that very same party that makes that judgement.
The judgement is warranted if you think judgement attaches forever to institutions based on historical behaviors.... which is what he's trying to do with the "southern Dem!" game.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Dunno.....nobody has ever provided solid evidence of whatever it is you are trying to communicate......LOL.....

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The judgement is warranted if you think judgement attaches forever to institutions based on historical behaviors.... which is what he's trying to do with the "southern Dem!" game.
Ahhhhhhh,......now I understand. Is there any evidence you can present that my statement is incorrect?.....not opinion......evidence......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What I was pointing out is that it's the Dems who are currently making the accusations about America being racist, and just happen to be the ones who also were in favor of Jim Crow laws:

"These laws were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Southern Democrat-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by black people during the Reconstruction period."

Yet the people they refer to when calling America "systemically racist" are not democrats. They always point their finger in the opposite direction that they should.
Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ahhhhhhh,......now I understand. Is there any evidence you can present that my statement is incorrect?.....not opinion......evidence......
Its irrelevant. Thats my point.

Racism was built into America's constitution before the were even Ds and Rs. So you should take the same shame you dish out. Assuming youre American.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Its irrelevant. Thats my point.

Racism was built into America's constitution before the were even Ds and Rs. So you should take the same shame you dish out. Assuming youre American.
So, no evidence......opinion only......duly noted......

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟428,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What I was pointing out is that it's the Dems who are currently making the accusations about America being racist, and just happen to be the ones who also were in favor of Jim Crow laws:....
Say what?

Maybe the ones who are 110 years old and dont mind sharing the contemporary D party with the majority of black people. Yeah sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
No one stumbles over racist Southern Democrats, it's a fact of history. What's hilarious is pretending as if that matters now. I think most people understand, the racism someone perpetuates today is far more important than the racism of people that no longer exist. My favorite is watching people embrace the Confederacy arguing it has nothing to do with racism, while doing mental gymnastics to say the Democrats—you know, the people that made up the Confederacy—were racists, but not the failed state they created that enshrined racism as a permanent fixture of its Constitution. They love the "Democrats' flag," but not the Democrats? Yep, they keep dancing.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Say what?

Maybe the ones who are 110 years old and dont mind sharing the contemporary D party with the majority of black people. Yeah sure.

This is the most absurd point we hear so much from the Right. As if the Democrat party of the 21st century is the exact same as the one that held control in the South during the 19th century. It is utterly maddening.

But for people who think shallowly if they see the same word it clearly triggers the assumption that it is the same thing.

Like the word "computer" which used to be a woman who did computations. So why is my laptop not wearing a pretty dress? It's a computer! SAME WORD = SAME THING.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What I was pointing out is that it's the Dems who are currently making the accusations about America being racist, and just happen to be the ones who also were in favor of Jim Crow laws:

"These laws were enacted in the late 19th and early 20th centuries by white Southern Democrat-dominated state legislatures to disenfranchise and remove political and economic gains made by black people during the Reconstruction period."

Yet the people they refer to when calling America "systemically racist" are not democrats. They always point their finger in the opposite direction that they should.
Jim Crow laws - Wikipedia.

And now the Democrats what to undo the system -- and lookie, lookie who's fighting to preserve what they built so long ago.

I guess some folks never got out of the late 19th or early 20th centuries.

• Winner
Reactions: Oneiric1975
Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship

It is good to always be mindful of our past so as to avoid repeating the same mistakes. That is "growth". The Democrat party grew up and away from the grotesque racism.

America has a history of racism, regardless of party. And it is that history that we need to be ever mindful of so that we, as a nation, can grow and change and become better.

Upvote 0