If booster is useless or worse, what is the point of any of this?

power1

Oct 18, 2021
canada
Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"
No country can boost its way out of the pandemic,” said the World Health Organization’s Secretary General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Wednesday.

“Blanket booster programs are likely to prolong the COVID-19 pandemic, rather than ending it, by diverting supply to countries that already have high levels of vaccination coverage, giving the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate.”

Nor should a third dose of vaccine be seen as carte blanche, he added. “Boosters cannot be seen as a ticket to go ahead with planned celebrations.”

WHO warns booster campaigns prolonging pandemic

So neither shots nor boosters are an 'excuse' to enjoy gatherings..or seemingly anything else at all!

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"
No country can boost its way out of the pandemic,” said the World Health Organization’s Secretary General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus Wednesday.

“Blanket booster programs are likely to prolong the COVID-19 pandemic, rather than ending it, by diverting supply to countries that already have high levels of vaccination coverage, giving the virus more opportunity to spread and mutate.”

Nor should a third dose of vaccine be seen as carte blanche, he added. “Boosters cannot be seen as a ticket to go ahead with planned celebrations.”

WHO warns booster campaigns prolonging pandemic

So neither shots nor boosters are an 'excuse' to enjoy gatherings..or seemingly anything else at all!

Hi @power1

Except that if you've had your vaccination, you're less likely to be hospitalized or die. That's something...to me anyway. There are over 800,000 dead people in the states and several million around the globe. Being fully vaccinated and boostered, I'm confident that my name won't wind up on that list.

Keep in mind 'why' the WHO says the booster campaigns are prolonging the pandemic. It isn't that the booster isn't valuable. Its because booster shots, being a weakened dose of the regulars vaccine, is taking away from the amount of vaccine that could be sent to other countries where even the first shots are needed. So the WHO isn't saying that the vaccination and booster program is bad, as far as its abilities to help us through this crisis. Their complaint is that not enough is being done to get vaccines to other nations where they are needed. If the WHO was saying that the vaccines aren't effective, which seems to be what you're taking out of this report, then they wouldn't be worried about problems with getting the vaccines to other nations now would they?

God bless and Merry Christmas,
Ted

Upvote 0

power1

Oct 18, 2021
canada
Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi @power1

Except that if you've had your vaccination, you're less likely to be hospitalized or die.
Except, that with the new variant something like 60% less people need a hospital. Looking at the stats of how many died from the vaccine, it looks like millions according to one doctor.
"the CDC's database records nearly 1 million reports of vaccine injuries, which McCullough previously has estimated could be only one-fifth the true total. Other studies estimate it's much higher."
Top doctor scolded by Biden for COVID 'lies': 'I'm just giving Americans the data'

That's something...to me anyway. There are over 800,000 dead people in the states and several million around the globe. Being fully vaccinated and boostered, I'm confident that my name won't wind up on that list.
Except that is a joke. Deaths listed as covid are virtually meaningless. They could have died from a tree falling on them for all we know. Of the small number in those stats that actually did die mostly because of covid, many of them died because they were denied life saving treatments according to this same doctor.
""The doctors are denying them treatment for COVID-19, and they're scrambling to find monoclonal antibodies, and they're upset that our government is not helping them get these life-saving infusions," he said." -same link

Keep in mind 'why' the WHO says the booster campaigns are prolonging the pandemic. It isn't that the booster isn't valuable. Its because booster shots, being a weakened dose of the regulars vaccine, is taking away from the amount of vaccine that could be sent to other countries where even the first shots are needed.
Keep in mind that the new variant doesn't follow old rules. Some even call it a new pandemic. So by the time the whole world got more shots who is to say they would not be already outdated.

So the WHO isn't saying that the vaccination and booster program is bad, as far as its abilities to help us through this crisis.
Well, in Israel they just cancelled the booster but would not disclose the reason. One possible reason is that with most people now getting the new variant, it would not make sense.
4th COVID vaccine dose clinical trial delayed after key panel holds up approval

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,961.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
there are two different view points to this like antibiotics our bodies will get use to taking the VAXes so much so we will have no immune system to combat Covid,
yet if we dont have the VAXes we are more likely to get sicker and that more people are in the hospitals

also VAXes aren't 100 % PROOF you are not going to have covid ever again

in some ways it like the flu there are variants because viruses change all the time some being milder or some being stronger cannot always tell what is going to happen every time you take a Vax or any other jab there is risk in either way
but it has to get to a point where enough is enough Lockdowns on lockdowns are only going to make matter worse economical and personal their is no Win Win in this That why trusting Jesus and that doing that whether or not you take the VAXes there are real risk involved

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Well FINALLY! There's the long awaited "flattening of the curve" we were sold at the beginning of this mess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @power1

Except, that with the new variant something like 60% less people need a hospital. L

While that may be the case, have you forgotten that we were a year and a half into this before the 'new' variant that you're referring to came along. Should we all have just accepted death and severe sickness for a year and half 'hoping' that some new and less deadly variant might come along. You just live in the here and now, huh? Well, now that the new variant seems to be less deadly we shouldn't have gone to all that trouble to fight the previous ones. Ok, if that's the way you think, so be it. BTW, one of the reasons that 60% less people need a hospital is because, uh, well, uh hundreds of millions across the globe have now been vaccinated.

Except that is a joke. Deaths listed as covid are virtually meaningless. They could have died from a tree falling on them for all we know.

I'd like to say that you surely must be joking, but I'm fearful that you aren't.

So by the time the whole world got more shots who is to say they would not be already outdated.

I don't know. Has anyone said that? Or are you rather just rattling off loose ideas that pass through your mind?

Well, in Israel they just cancelled the booster but would not disclose the reason. One possible reason is that with most people now getting the new variant, it would not make sense.

Despite your saying that they didn't give a reason why, you're confident that you know the reason why. OK. The title of your link also says that Israel is talking about cancelling the 4th shot, so they've already, apparently been through the 3rd shot. We're still at the 3rd shot here. I honestly don't have any idea what the clinical data on a fourth shot has been showing. I'm not aware of anyone here in the states doing any published work on such a trial, although I'm sure that there are such trials going on.

Look, if you don't want to get vaccinated and you think it's a waste of your time, you're free to go with that. Personally, I'm more inclined to follow the advice of the general consensus of medical advice over some person standing alone proclaiming that they alone know the answer to the elixir of life. That reminds me of the old traveling medicine shills that used to sell people a bottle of 'Uncle John's magical elixir' that cures whatever ails you. From pimples to cancer, diarrhea to tumors. 'Uncle John's magical elixir' fixes it all!!

God bless and Merry Christmas,
Ted

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
An incompetent rheumatologist gave me an immunosuppressant, so I was sick with Delta Covid for a month, and the J&J vaccine I got in February has recently been shown to have issues

I could go on but my congregation is here and we have to get the Christmas mass rolling, especially as I need this one to wind up in 90 minutes as my next service is 90 minutes away

Upvote 0

power1

Oct 18, 2021
canada
Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi @power1

While that may be the case, have you forgotten that we were a year and a half into this before the 'new' variant that you're referring to came along. Should we all have just accepted death and severe sickness for a year and half 'hoping' that some new and less deadly variant might come along.
They say tens of millions will die of starvation as a result of the lockdowns and etc. Should you have locked down and let them die? Many possibly millions have suffered death or severe problems as side effects of the vaccine. Should you have let them die? Many people died in old age homes unable to visit loved ones. Is that a good thing? Many have been unable to visit family or attend worship gatherings because of the selective nonsense that has been forced on people. Others cannot travel. We don't know how many died from covid the system for stats is a joke. Nor has any alternative treatments been made available or even allowed. Should those who died because they were not allowed those treatments be weighed in on your death scale?

You just live in the here and now, huh?
Someone said that, huh? You won't be able to show where cause you made that up.

Well, now that the new variant seems to be less deadly we shouldn't have gone to all that trouble to fight the previous ones. Ok, if that's the way you think, so be it.
The trouble that nations went to was probably not related to fighting anything. More related to grabbing power and enriching some folks.

BTW, one of the reasons that 60% less people need a hospital is because, uh, well, uh hundreds of millions across the globe have now been vaccinated.
In your mind perhaps. The problem is that million also died or were ruined in health and life some say, from the vaccine. The reason less people need hospitals according to the OP is because the newer variant is simply not as serious! Why always try to give the glory to the vaccine?

I'd like to say that you surely must be joking, but I'm fearful that you aren't.
Your fears may be justified in this instance.
I don't know. Has anyone said that? Or are you rather just rattling off loose ideas that pass through your mind?
With the known and observed decreasing effectiveness of the vaccines and the changing variants, the idea that vaccines designed for covid 19 may be outdated one day is elementary logic.

Despite your saying that they didn't give a reason why, you're confident that you know the reason why.
Did I say I knew? No. I simply pointed out that those stats are about people who died and also had the covid virus (supposedly). Whether some died of heart problems, cancer, etc etc who knows? We do see that there was a drop in other causes of death as the supposed covid death stats spiked! Oh, and didn't the flu almost disappear also coincidentally?

OK. The title of your link also says that Israel is talking about cancelling the 4th shot, so they've already, apparently been through the 3rd shot. We're still at the 3rd shot here. I honestly don't have any idea what the clinical data on a fourth shot has been showing. I'm not aware of anyone here in the states doing any published work on such a trial, although I'm sure that there are such trials going on.
I see no difference in whether it was the third, fourth or seventy fifth shot myself. Just more of the same mystery substances injected experimentally into people.
Look, if you don't want to get vaccinated and you think it's a waste of your time, you're free to go with that.
Isn't that nice. If people want they are free to not travel, not work, not visit family,not eat in restaurants, go to movies and etc. How generous.

Personally, I'm more inclined to follow the advice of the general consensus of medical advice over some person standing alone proclaiming that they alone know the answer to the elixir of life.
Fine. So are most of the people I know.

That reminds me of the old traveling medicine shills that used to sell people a bottle of 'Uncle John's magical elixir' that cures whatever ails you. From pimples to cancer, diarrhea to tumors. 'Uncle John's magical elixir' fixes it all!!
At least people could read the ingredients -snake oil- whereas there are all sorts of things in these abortion based research related concoctions that may not be known.

Upvote 0

power1

Oct 18, 2021
canada
Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An incompetent rheumatologist gave me an immunosuppressant, so I was sick with Delta Covid for a month, and the J&J vaccine I got in February has recently been shown to have issues

I could go on but my congregation is here and we have to get the Christmas mass rolling, especially as I need this one to wind up in 90 minutes as my next service is 90 minutes away
Too bad that the stats on cases like your are not accurately kept. It would probably scare 97% of people away from the sorcery of the vaccines.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Too bad that the stats on cases like your are not accurately kept. It would probably scare 97% of people away from the sorcery of the vaccines.

Well, my general practitioner, who was opposed to the immunosuppressant shot for my arthritis, because he had correctly diagnosed it as congenital and not autoimmune, said that had I not received the J&J vaccine in February it would have been much worse.

I am opposed to forcing people to get the vaccine, although I do support vaccines, but I believe people should have the option to wait until the vaccines are better understood, and because some people will have medical issues interfering with these as with any vaccine, restricting civil liberties of the unvaccinated is insane.

I am not an antivaxxer in general however because I had measles in the late 70s, and if a vaccine could have prevented that I would have wanted it. I also am thankful for the polio, dyptheria, pertussis, tetanus, tuberculosis and yellow fever vaccines I have. When I was an infant I did have a fever and allergic reaction to one of the vaccines, fortunately I cannot remember it.

Reactions: ForHimbyHim
Upvote 0

power1

Oct 18, 2021
canada
Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, my general practitioner, who was opposed to the immunosuppressant shot for my arthritis, because he had correctly diagnosed it as congenital and not autoimmune, said that had I not received the J&J vaccine in February it would have been much worse.

I am opposed to forcing people to get the vaccine, although I do support vaccines, but I believe people should have the option to wait until the vaccines are better understood, and because some people will have medical issues interfering with these as with any vaccine, restricting civil liberties of the unvaccinated is insane.

I am not an antivaxxer in general however because I had measles in the late 70s, and if a vaccine could have prevented that I would have wanted it. I also am thankful for the polio, dyptheria, pertussis, tetanus, tuberculosis and yellow fever vaccines I have. When I was an infant I did have a fever and allergic reaction to one of the vaccines, fortunately I cannot remember it.
Forcing people to do things and take unproven medical procedures they do not wish to take is not the way Jesus would operate. That is something the Nazis did. I have an allergy to people like that.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Forcing people to do things and take unproven medical procedures they do not wish to take is not the way Jesus would operate. That is something the Nazis did. I have an allergy to people like that.

Indeed, I believe in user choice. Also, if the government wasnt tryimg to force people to get vaccinated, fewer people would be suspicious and vaccination rates would be higher

Upvote 0

power1

Oct 18, 2021
canada
Visit site
✟25,282.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Indeed, I believe in user choice. Also, if the government wasnt tryimg to force people to get vaccinated, fewer people would be suspicious and vaccination rates would be higher
Right, and they also if they would have issued honest stats, and allowed life saving treatments, not used ever changing stories and etc.

Upvote 0