• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think of stopping Abifily and just take the anti-depressant. Just to see how it goes. I am off Abify 5mg for 1 week now and I feel ok. I mean I had to get use to it.
With Abifily I get more scared, more mad and feel often guilty and pray a lot. Where without I don't need to pray always, I feel better.
I had my 55. birthday. I am still alive, I work, i am not homeless. My little business on the side produces steady customers. So that I think to start working part time.

Emotionally I am always sort of stressed, scred, worried. You can see this in my face. i would like to relax. Because before the meds was controlling my emotions, I want to see if i can manage them my self.

And I put make up on from the age of 15 and with now 55 I want to stop it. But without it people can see everything in my face. You see that I had stress in my life. So my boss wants to talk to me and ask me if I am alright, how I am.
I think there is coffee in make up. It makes you feel allert and happy, but I want to be normal, not something I am not. I heard a voice or got the idea in my mind to be myself with all there is. And this was my wish for quiet some time.
You see I have dark circles under my eyes and less eye lashes. It was really strange to go without it. I want to have sun on my face. I look good when I feel I have done my work but otherwise I look tearful.

I think as a schizophrenic and depressive, you move your face more then normal people. That is with me, just little bit but constant when I am stressed. The meds relaxes my face, but i know at the end is my experiences in life. So yesterday I put on a bit maskara. Today is the talk with my boss. Even to my customers I don't want to come with make up anymore.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hello. I think it unwise to stop your meds without discussing it with your doctor or another doctor if you don't have one.
I will second this.

I understand your desire to improve your situation in whatever ways are helpful, but I have to point out before it gets started that we are not doctors and don't have your medical history. While people may want to support you in general in this thread, no one can advise you on CF about stopping your meds.

This is something that should be discussed with your doctor.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Abruptly stopping a prescription medication without the doctor telling you to is literally dangerous. To avoid that shock to your system, doctors typically provide you with a plan to gradually step off medication when it is time to go off it.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please don't do anything without talking with your doctor first.
We here will pray for you.:groupray:
I'm 59 and wear makeup, sometimes I think I should just be me too, but it doesn't hurt really and sometimes doing little things like that for yourself can just help you feel nice.

It sounds like you are doing quite well with your little business and other things so don't be too hard on yourself.
Above all remember you are precious to God and He loves you dear one.

Reactions: DavidFirth
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NO NO NO you're going about it the wrong way! Please, go back onto the abilify and then speak to the prescribing MD about weaning off it. THESE DRUGS DO mess with your brain chemicals and you can NOT just go off them! You'll be getting what we call "brain zaps" and all sorts of things like there's a short circuit in your head. PLEASE go back onto it, and make an appointment to speak to your MD. Meds begin working immediately but you may not notice improvement for weeks and weeks as it builds up to the level your body needs. The same for going off them...only it takes longer so you don't have terrible side effects...

Unless it's court ordered, you have the right to go off a medication.

But this is common... because you are beginning to feel better (in some ways at least) you don't need it as much perhaps...or you realize that the side effects are more than you want to deal with...and that's okay...

YOU MUST at the very least CALL the MD and tell them.. THEY do not know that you are NOT taking the medication as prescribed and they do need to know this change. If you can be a responsible adult and go off the med, then do the right thing and tell the Doctor's office immediately, okay?

Not all meds work for all people. This has to be a relationship with the MD, not one sided either way. See if you can find a better med for you, for your system...

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think of stopping Abifily and just take the anti-depressant. Just to see how it goes. I am off Abify 5mg for 1 week now and I feel ok. I mean I had to get use to it.
With Abifily I get more scared, more mad and feel often guilty and pray a lot. Where without I don't need to pray always, I feel better.
I had my 55. birthday. I am still alive, I work, i am not homeless. My little business on the side produces steady customers. So that I think to start working part time.

Emotionally I am always sort of stressed, scred, worried. You can see this in my face. i would like to relax. Because before the meds was controlling my emotions, I want to see if i can manage them my self.

And I put make up on from the age of 15 and with now 55 I want to stop it. But without it people can see everything in my face. You see that I had stress in my life. So my boss wants to talk to me and ask me if I am alright, how I am.
I think there is coffee in make up. It makes you feel allert and happy, but I want to be normal, not something I am not. I heard a voice or got the idea in my mind to be myself with all there is. And this was my wish for quiet some time.
You see I have dark circles under my eyes and less eye lashes. It was really strange to go without it. I want to have sun on my face. I look good when I feel I have done my work but otherwise I look tearful.

I think as a schizophrenic and depressive, you move your face more then normal people. That is with me, just little bit but constant when I am stressed. The meds relaxes my face, but i know at the end is my experiences in life. So yesterday I put on a bit maskara. Today is the talk with my boss. Even to my customers I don't want to come with make up anymore.

Have you checked your mineral and vitamins levels? Sometimes mineral and vitamins deficiency like magnesium and vitamin D can cause depression and irrational thoughts. Mix that with lack of sleep, the gift of discernment and prophecy and you get a bomb. I literally thought I was going crazy. Magnesium is tricky, you can find online the right way to detect it.

Wish you the best!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
  1. I am not allwed to stop the meds as doctors do not allw it
  2. I do have at times lack of sleep
  3. and need to take minerals, like iron is good for me
  4. I asked the doctors ones and they just got angry

I am on iron and feel actually good, just a bit scared. I will buy them tomorrow and I want to get a private psychologist who does talk about diverse forms of abuses as the NHS doesn't do this. And then talk with this new therapist about it.

I have other illnesses as I am now 55 and the cost of meds ar up to £100 a month. I buy a lot over the counter and want to reduce the cost. I work hard, so I have no side effects, which if I would not work, i would have huge side effects by going off the meds. So I feel nothing. Is just that my head is not used to work alone the meds.

I find that I get when I take Abifily, that I start feeling guilty. I get mad, I start hearing voices and need an anti depressant to supress it. But worst was this fear and guilt. My whole life was a sin accordingly and without Abifily I have more umph, I am stronger and my hands don't shake. What I can do is take the anti depressant as a bridge and Abifily every second or third day and get a private psychologist who does the therapy I want.

You know that I never had the chance here to talk of my abuses?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your post sounds reasonable but you really need professional advice, I think. I know a couple of people who when they go off their meds they end up in the hospital. I would hate for that to happen to you. Praying for you. It must be a tough situation to have to deal with and I'm no expert in dealing with it. Please do take all of your problems to the Lord in prayer. Its always good to have a Christian to pray with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi; Ephesians speaks of the inner person (Ephesians 3.16). Good by prayer and Scripture reading to concentrate on this aspect. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please don't do anything without talking with your doctor first.
We here will pray for you.:groupray:
I'm 59 and wear makeup, sometimes I think I should just be me too, but it doesn't hurt really and sometimes doing little things like that for yourself can just help you feel nice.

It sounds like you are doing quite well with your little business and other things so don't be too hard on yourself.
Above all remember you are precious to God and He loves you dear one.
My wife doesn't feel dressed if she goes out without putting on her face. :)

• Haha
Upvote 0

Bridgida

Jul 27, 2016
London
✟26,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, thanks for your concern and help. I continue with my meds. You know sometimes you have the idea that you could do it without and become the person of your dream, like become a hero.
I just wrote that I would like to better deal with my paranoia. That I should work on this.
Otherwise I think, with special therapy and money, I def. could become better without the meds.
But this stays a dream.

PS: I try to stop wear no make up and no eyeliner. My manger thought I was ill. So I still use the eyeliner, but leave make up away. I want to get more colour in my face through the sun. I was really pale. So is ok, but at the beginning I looked really bad.

I work 6 days and in the evening. Visiting clients and mostly they are happy, some times not. Well, I think sometimes that it is my illness which makes me not so good in hairdressing, like I need longer to learn the practice. I am fine with theory but around people, my brain works sometimes just partly.

another reason to become myself is hidered as in the past my parents denied me things, like money, to go out with friends or the profession I wanted to learn. Now it is my partner who things he needs to take care of me and is strict sometimes.

At least I am not totally alone, have a caring husband who will be soon surprised by all the things I have bought. It is hidden now, is all for my business idea.

the illness is not boring, I am not boring, ha ha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0