~I want something that is 'wrong'.~

Jan 12, 2004
✟54,471.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Stay friends w/ him. Don't pursue anything. Also, live a christian life in front of him and try telling him about the Lord. It might be hard to be just friends, but it is possible. I liked a friend who was unsaved that's a boy for several years and he liked me back, but we stayed just friends. We're still friends even now.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being friends is fine, if you can do that. The problem is, you are obviously attracted, and being "just friends" might not be possible.

God warns against "yoking" yourself to someone who doesn't know Him or His ways for good reasons.

Have you visited the "unequally yoked" section here? You need to look at some possible outcomes before you decide.
Maybe ask this question there too if you want replies from those affected by this issue.

God bless, Susana

Upvote 0

Faithful83

A smiling Christian
Feb 29, 2004
MI
✟8,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not in that position, but I can see a very good reason why God warns against being unequally yoked. If this is your husband and you were close to him, any attempts at bringing them to Christ may erupt into big issues. If you can remain friends, it's better to minister to him first, and if he accepts Christ, then get involved. I just think getting involved and then trying to convert him is asking for a sticky situation.

Upvote 0

shastajade

May 5, 2004
Independence, MO
✟204.00
Faith
Christian
Visuaize this: You are standing on a chair. Your non-christian boyfriend is standing on the ground next to you holding your hand. Are you going to pull him up on the chair first, or is he going to have no problem pulling you down to his level.

Trust me from firsthand experience on this subject a few times...He will pull you straight down with him LONG before you ever bring him to Christ. I tried this. I dated a non-christian for fun thinking i could reach him for Christ. But through hanging out with him everyday, and having a completely different lifestyle than I did, he brought me down. You are who you hang around. The Bible is very against being with non-christians in 2 Corinthians 6:14. Its like trying to mix water and oil. It just won't work. It is crutial in the christian life to keep Godly people around you to keep you going for Christ, and i would think it is even more important for you to make sure the person you are dating or in a relationship with is a Christian also. Considering that person will more than likely be your biggest influence. To justify why you want to be in a relationship with a non-christian would just be walking straight into satans trap. I understand your heart in wanting to reach this person, however, i believe you will get much further just being friends with them.

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Krazy_4given_1 said:
I want to be with a non-christian... but I want him to be christain... is there any hope in me getting through to him? What should I do?

-kate-
If you stay with him, you should accept him as he is without expecting him to change and he should do likewise with you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yamagi

Jul 12, 2004
Indio
✟189.00
Faith
Christian
Try to get this guy to go to church. I was atheist before I met this one girl. Now I am Christian, been going to church every Sunday for over a month now and everything is going good. So just use your fondness as a good opportunity to change this guys life. Be sure to tell him about the rapture too. :) But on the whole, if you think he is a good guy, you should accept him. Whatever you do, do not let this guy make you stray from the path of Jesus Christ. Keep your morals straight and try to help out this guy.

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yamagi said:
Try to get this guy to go to church. I was atheist before I met this one girl. Now I am Christian, been going to church every Sunday for over a month now and everything is going good. So just use your fondness as a good opportunity to change this guys life. Be sure to tell him about the rapture too. :) But on the whole, if you think he is a good guy, you should accept him. Whatever you do, do not let this guy make you stray from the path of Jesus Christ. Keep your morals straight and try to help out this guy.
before marriage.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pray for this person, be a witness to this person, but do not be involved in a close relationship with this person. The bible warns us not to have close relationships with non-believers, because they can have a negative influence on us, and hurt our relationship with God.

Upvote 0

Faith In God

Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
mrstace said:
Pray for this person, be a witness to this person, but do not be involved in a close relationship with this person. The bible warns us not to have close relationships with non-believers, because they can have a negative influence on us, and hurt our relationship with God.
"Bad company corrupts good character." Proverb.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eliseb

Aug 6, 2003
✟191.00
Faith
Christian
I have a question? How can you serve God together if he is not a Christian? How long ahave you known him? What attracts you to him? If he does not love the Lord? Then what is it that is attracting you? A man who has no fear of the Lord and totally oblivious to the ways of the Lord? How could he lead you if this relationship moved on? And more than likely he is going to want sex? ANd not understand? So then what are you going to do? ANd do you feel you can keep God first in your life by associating with somebody who is not concerned about nurturing his spiritual growth with you? The Lord says not to be yoked to non belivers for what do you have in common? Be careful? I was tought that the evil one is like a raveging wolf seeking who he can devour? Evil is deceptive and comes in many forms? Sweet little lies , good looks, etc. Christians need to stay on their toes you know? Remember he called us out OUT of the world ? Just don't let him make you stumble? We have many tests and trials ?

Upvote 0

Faith In God

Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
desi said:
Who's proverb? Jesus kept company with a few unsavory characters and he turned out fine.
Proverb of Solomon. Jesus was God. God is not corruptable. humans are. besides, He only stayed around those characters for witness. We are talking marriage.

Upvote 0