New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We saw this a couple weeks ago and like it a lot, Reese Witherspoon surprised me with her June Carter and the woman who played his first wife... Ginnifer Goodwin; she was excellent. I think they stuck to formula which can be tedious (troubled or traumatic childhood, improbably rise to fame, troubled early married, drug and alcohol problems, detox etc... ) but it worked well here. I liked the way the Carter family offered their friendship up to this troubled soul, and how June Carter is portrayed struggling with the expectations of the masses as she dealt with celebrity, marriage, divorce etc..

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
did not go and see it.... on purpose.

there is a website you can go to and see what language specifically is stated in movies.

They lost my money when God's name was said in vain, along with the "f" word, etc....... I figured if I could find this out beforehand, God would not appreciate me going knowing what I knew. :)

Upvote 0

alaurie

Welcome, Preston!!!
Feb 21, 2004
✟11,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus-is-the-1 said:
Anyone seen this movie? What are your thoughts?

:wave:

Loved Walk the Line. I saw it last night and will probably go back again this week. Johnny Cash's music was so much a part of my childhood, and his childhood story is so similar to my granddaddy's ...hard working, hard drinking, eventually-coming-back-to-the-Lord, Mississippi Delta sharecroppers.

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope to see the movie Walk the Line during Christmas week. My daughter just saw it and called me long distance to tell me how great it was. She asked me whether we had the Johnny Cash Folsom Prison album when she was little. I remembered that we did and it was a 33 1/3 record. She's 42 now, but when she heard the music she remembered. I was a Johnny Cash fan for a long time--well still am. Hope it is as well done as Kevin Spacey's tribute to Bobby Darin we saw last year--Beyond the Sea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums