Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I had the worst experience last night. At about 11pm last night I was sitting on the bench in my patio with my boyfriend just talking about how our day had gone. I didnt realize how extremely dehydrated I was. I got up feeling faint to open the door to go upstairs to sleep but just as I reached the door I passed out. For the next 40 minutes I was drifting in and out of consciousness. I kept sitting up and then passing out. *(My boyfriend went to EMT school so he knew how to handle the situation)* I thought I was having a stroke (I am 19) to be honest I thought I was going to die. My head was pounding and I could feel the pounding all through out my body I was so scared. Apparently I started convulsing and making sounds as if I couldn't breathe (i dont remember any of this). I was on the ground for 40 minutes convulsing and drifting in and out of consciousness. At one point I summoned up the strength to sit on the bench again and I passed out again which is when I had the worst convulsions. When I was having that I had like a mini dream that I was in my bed already sleeping. All the sudden I regained consciousness for a brief moment and I collapsed from the bench onto the floor again. I couldnt move my body at all but I could more or less think, my brain was awake. I started praying, and I started feeling a little better. Within 5 minutes still feeling extremely weak I managed to get up and my boyfriend helped me inside and up the stairs and tucked me into bed. I am so blessed that I had a licenced medical professional with me (my boyfriend) who was assisting me during the whole process. I feel as if praying to God got me through it towards the end once I could finally think. Its a very hard feeling to explain but it is amazing that I was being watched over. I woke up this morning with bruises and bumps on my head I figure my head hit the ground several times but I dont remember. I am just describing those events as my boyfriend recals them cause, again I remember almost nothing of the event. It was scary though. I thought I was gonna die from a stroke. I'd love to go get checked out by the doctor but I have no health insurance and there is no way I could ever pay out of pocket. So I am just gonna play it safe and drink lots of water and take it easy. It was a very humbling experience though.

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Praise the Lord!
Thanks for sharing this.

God has saved my life a few times, and once was because of a heat stroke/heat exhaustion, and I felt like I had completely lost my mind and like I would certainly die. But He was right there to keep me alive, and to forgive me for being careless. :) He is a good Father, always watching over us, caring for us.

• Optimistic
Reactions: ClaudiaT
Upvote 0

ClaudiaT

Sep 29, 2017
Florida
✟8,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Praise the Lord!
Thanks for sharing this.

God has saved my life a few times, and once was because of a heat stroke/heat exhaustion, and I felt like I had completely lost my mind and like I would certainly die. But He was right there to keep me alive, and to forgive me for being careless. :) He is a good Father, always watching over us, caring for us.
I completely agree with you. It was quite the experience but I am grateful

Upvote 0

ClaudiaT

Sep 29, 2017
Florida
✟8,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We are all happy that you are still with us! :clap: Now, go sip some water. (BTW- I am soooo guilty of not drinking enough liquids.)
I have definitely learned my lesson, I will make it my mission to make sure that never happens again

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have problems with dehydration too, but this sounds more like a seizure than a normal fainting incident. Are you sure that going to a doctor isn't an option?

I'm glad you're okay, but make sure to get checked out as soon as you can afford it!

Upvote 0

ClaudiaT

Sep 29, 2017
Florida
✟8,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Did he check your pulse or blood pressure?
Yep I am sure he did all that good stuff, we havent had the chance to talk today about what happened because he had to go to work at 6am and I slept in. Im sure we will go more in depth about what happened when he gets home.

Upvote 0

ClaudiaT

Sep 29, 2017
Florida
✟8,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm sorry, but EMT qualified or not, can't imagine not calling rescue for you - in 40 minutes of you being in trouble - breathing and such.

Are you home alone? Then I don't understand him going to work either.

At your age - 19 - what about your parents? Are you on their insurance?
We live with room mates one of which is also in the medical field. I dont know why he didnt call for help either but im sure there is a logical explanation for that. But no my parents recently lost their insurance too.

• Informative
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ClaudiaT

Sep 29, 2017
Florida
✟8,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I have problems with dehydration too, but this sounds more like a seizure than a normal fainting incident. Are you sure that going to a doctor isn't an option?

I'm glad you're okay, but make sure to get checked out as soon as you can afford it!
I am sure that it was more than just fainting. Maybe in 2 or 3 months i could go to the doctor cause i just got a new job and im starting soon i think they offer insurcance

Upvote 0

ClaudiaT

Sep 29, 2017
Florida
✟8,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Since you felt like you were going to die, did it raise any questions on your spiritual front and unresolved sin going into the afterlife had you actually passed ?
Actually, no, on a spiritual level I felt like I was safe and I knew that if anything was to happen I was in Gods hands and that I would be safe. That was extremely comforting. Knowing that God was keeping me safe He helped me through it and I know that if things had really gone south that I would have a place with Him in heaven.

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ClaudiaT

Sep 29, 2017
Florida
✟8,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, I can understand you passed out once and hit your head or something. Since your boyfriend is an EMT, why did he not catch you any other times of fainting?
Does your area have a county hospital or clinic? Not sure, but may be free medical services there.
No free medical services in Florida that I know of. And to my knowledge he did catch me but im assuming that he might of had difficulty stabilizing me when I was convulsing.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
I had the worst experience last night. At about 11pm last night I was sitting on the bench in my patio with my boyfriend just talking about how our day had gone. I didnt realize how extremely dehydrated I was. I got up feeling faint to open the door to go upstairs to sleep but just as I reached the door I passed out. For the next 40 minutes I was drifting in and out of consciousness. I kept sitting up and then passing out. *(My boyfriend went to EMT school so he knew how to handle the situation)* I thought I was having a stroke (I am 19) to be honest I thought I was going to die. My head was pounding and I could feel the pounding all through out my body I was so scared. Apparently I started convulsing and making sounds as if I couldn't breathe (i dont remember any of this). I was on the ground for 40 minutes convulsing and drifting in and out of consciousness. At one point I summoned up the strength to sit on the bench again and I passed out again which is when I had the worst convulsions. When I was having that I had like a mini dream that I was in my bed already sleeping. All the sudden I regained consciousness for a brief moment and I collapsed from the bench onto the floor again. I couldnt move my body at all but I could more or less think, my brain was awake. I started praying, and I started feeling a little better. Within 5 minutes still feeling extremely weak I managed to get up and my boyfriend helped me inside and up the stairs and tucked me into bed. I am so blessed that I had a licenced medical professional with me (my boyfriend) who was assisting me during the whole process. I feel as if praying to God got me through it towards the end once I could finally think. Its a very hard feeling to explain but it is amazing that I was being watched over. I woke up this morning with bruises and bumps on my head I figure my head hit the ground several times but I dont remember. I am just describing those events as my boyfriend recals them cause, again I remember almost nothing of the event. It was scary though. I thought I was gonna die from a stroke. I'd love to go get checked out by the doctor but I have no health insurance and there is no way I could ever pay out of pocket. So I am just gonna play it safe and drink lots of water and take it easy. It was a very humbling experience though.

I'm sorry, but EMT qualified or not, can't imagine not calling rescue for you - in 40 minutes of you being in trouble - breathing and such.

Are you home alone? Then I don't understand him going to work either.

At your age - 19 - what about your parents? Are you on their insurance?

I agree with vinsight. Find a doctor. Let your parents know. If you were my kid, i would want to know about this. I don't trust anyone.

"Apparently I started convulsing and making sounds as if I couldn't breathe (i dont remember any of this). I was on the ground for 40 minutes convulsing and drifting in and out of consciousness. At one point I summoned up the strength to sit on the bench again and I passed out again which is when I had the worst convulsions. When I was having that I had like a mini dream that I was in my bed already sleeping. All the sudden I regained consciousness for a brief moment and I collapsed from the bench onto the floor again. I couldnt move my body at all but I could more or less think, my brain was awake.
If there is nothing wrong with you, this sounds like you were drugged. Are you sure you trust the people you live with?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually, no, on a spiritual level I felt like I was safe and I knew that if anything was to happen I was in Gods hands and that I would be safe. That was extremely comforting. Knowing that God was keeping me safe He helped me through it and I know that if things had really gone south that I would have a place with Him in heaven.
I see, that's interesting. I'll be praying for you guys, your relationship and your health both.

• Prayers
Reactions: ClaudiaT
Upvote 0