✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1Jn 4:18
(18) There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear. So then, love has not been made perfect in anyone who is afraid, because fear has to do with punishment.

fear comes as a result of thinking on destruction - such as watching tv shows about demons or crime, or thinking on anything ungodly; so be careful what you think about.

when you feel afraid, remind yourself that God loves you, and and praise God that He is your protection; as you focus on His love through His word, your fears will have to leave:

Psa 91:1-16
(1) Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty,
(2) can say to him, "You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust."
(3) He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases.
(4) He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.
(5) You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day
(6) or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight.
(7) A thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all around you, but you will not be harmed.
(8) You will look and see how the wicked are punished.
(9) You have made the LORD your defender, the Most High your protector,
(10) and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home.
(11) God will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you go.
(12) They will hold you up with their hands to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones.
(13) You will trample down lions and snakes, fierce lions and poisonous snakes.
(14) God says, "I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD.
(15) When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them.
(16) I will reward them with long life; I will save them."

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1Jn 4:18
(18) There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear. So then, love has not been made perfect in anyone who is afraid, because fear has to do with punishment.

fear comes as a result of thinking on destruction - such as watching tv shows about demons or crime, or thinking on anything ungodly; so be careful what you think about.

when you feel afraid, remind yourself that God loves you, and and praise God that He is your protection; as you focus on His love through His word, your fears will have to leave:

Psa 91:1-16
(1) Whoever goes to the LORD for safety, whoever remains under the protection of the Almighty,
(2) can say to him, "You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust."
(3) He will keep you safe from all hidden dangers and from all deadly diseases.
(4) He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.
(5) You need not fear any dangers at night or sudden attacks during the day
(6) or the plagues that strike in the dark or the evils that kill in daylight.
(7) A thousand may fall dead beside you, ten thousand all around you, but you will not be harmed.
(8) You will look and see how the wicked are punished.
(9) You have made the LORD your defender, the Most High your protector,
(10) and so no disaster will strike you, no violence will come near your home.
(11) God will put his angels in charge of you to protect you wherever you go.
(12) They will hold you up with their hands to keep you from hurting your feet on the stones.
(13) You will trample down lions and snakes, fierce lions and poisonous snakes.
(14) God says, "I will save those who love me and will protect those who acknowledge me as LORD.
(15) When they call to me, I will answer them; when they are in trouble, I will be with them. I will rescue them and honor them.
(16) I will reward them with long life; I will save them."

I know and reading the bible does help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just something I feel needs to be said:

People, please think before you post things. When someone is dealing with anxiety, and you say "maybe you have this, maybe you have that", unless you have REALLY good evidence for your "diagnosis", please refrain from doing so. You're introducing ideas to someone who is already struggling with their perceptions and realities, and you don't say to a panicked person "hey, here's something else to be afraid of!" Unless you're a medical professional, or you've got really good, solid evidence that your idea might be accurate, please don't just spit things out because they pop into your head.

Ssamoh, you do not have Cotard's Syndrome.

And I'm glad you're feeling better!

Upvote 0

Sunshine Locket

This isn't what the Genie in the bottle promised
Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I respectfully suggest that people realize this is a message board. Not a psychiatrists couch.
Anyone can be anybody on the Internet. None of us here are able to be proved legitimately qualified to address someone's anxiety from a professional standpoint. All comments are going to be from a personal perspective that suggests answers to what may or may not be a legitimate anxiety concern for the original posts author.

There will always be one or two who need to make cutting remarks in a thread like this because they're not mature enough to simply close the thread when they find it worthy of ridicule. They can't help themselves.

While others may give genuine suggestions as to what could be the problem. While offering reassurance that the original posts author is not dead.

While anyone making hurtful remarks should be reported in my opinion, I don't think genuine advice or insight should be berated. This is not the place for someone to get their head straight if they feel off center. This is a message board. Genuine people giving genuine insight are doing the best they can. I think that deserves respect.

Upvote 0

Sunshine Locket

This isn't what the Genie in the bottle promised
Apr 19, 2014
✟1,712.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
282.gif
SSammoh, God be with you.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just something I feel needs to be said:

People, please think before you post things. When someone is dealing with anxiety, and you say "maybe you have this, maybe you have that", unless you have REALLY good evidence for your "diagnosis", please refrain from doing so. You're introducing ideas to someone who is already struggling with their perceptions and realities, and you don't say to a panicked person "hey, here's something else to be afraid of!" Unless you're a medical professional, or you've got really good, solid evidence that your idea might be accurate, please don't just spit things out because they pop into your head.

Ssamoh, you do not have Cotard's Syndrome.

And I'm glad you're feeling better!

Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.