chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Remember that these fearful fixations are just your brain "searching" for something to be afraid of. Your body is responding as if there's a threat (adrenaline pumping, heart accelerated), but there IS no real threat, so your mind has to try and reconcile your physical reactions with what it's perceiving via your senses. So your brain picks a minor physical sensation, like a stomach cramp, and just blows it completely out of proportion so that you're hyper-aware of it, making it feel ten times more painful than it actually is. Part of dealing with hypochondria (which I've had) is that your brain jumps from one physical ailment to another; am I having a heart attack? is my throat closing up? do I have cancer? None of those things were ever actually happening to me, but my MIND said they were an immediate threat.

How did the talk go with the psychiatrist? I'm glad you have another appointment soon.

Hmm. That's interesting and it sounds like a good explanation for some of the feelings I've been having.

The talk with the phsyciatrist went well.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah- it definitely wasn't your appendix. You'd know. For future reference, if it was your appendix the pain would start around your belly button and then migrate to your right lower quadrant. If you were to push down in that area- when released- the abdominal wall would give off a very painful/tender response. You'd come right off the table and try to smack the HCP who touched you. It's called rebound tenderness. You'd also have nausea, vomiting, and a low grade fever. (Just covered this in my pathophysiology class today.)

Good to know. Thanks

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Keep us updated, ok? :)

I will.

I think people reading this should know I don't logically think I'm dead I just don't feel right and the best way to describe it is to say I feel dead. I also feel really separated from God for some reason, which makes a huge difference obviously.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had some tests done and the doctors didn't find anything. It's kind of weird that I'm having all these symptoms and they didn't find anything, but I'm glad I'm okay.

Also I remember someone suggesting I keep track of the strange things that happen to me. So I'm adding some updates.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had some tests done and the doctors didn't find anything. It's kind of weird that I'm having all these symptoms and they didn't find anything, but I'm glad I'm okay.

Also I remember someone suggesting I keep track of the strange things that happen to me. So I'm adding some updates.

It's also a good thing, though, because it helps you pinpoint what might be going on. And you don't have to worry that something is seriously wrong with your health :) Yay!

You're supposed to see your psychiatrist again in a week or so, right? Make sure you take the journal of everything you're experiencing, that is valuable information.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.