chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I know this sounds ridiculous but I have real reasons to think this. Things are happening that can't be explained and I am horrified.

1. I just don't feel right.
2. Colors are brighter than they used to be.
3. I was programming with my dad and a mysterious rectangle showed up in the middle of the screen. In that rectangle there was another one. And in that rectangle there were words.
4. I saw a commercial on Disney XD that said there is a brand new series starting on Mondays, but it's a show I've ALREADY SEEN a few episodes of before.
5. I was at my grandma's house and when I was lying down on the couch, I heard a vibrating noise. When I was sitting up, I didn't hear it.
6. I was watching a show on Netflix and I paused it. But then when I went back to watch the rest, it didn't continue from the place I paused it.

What should I do? Is it possible I'm imagining all of this? I'm really scared.

Update:
7. I was just chilling in the living room and all of a sudden I heard this super weird noise coming from outside. It was unlike anything I EVER heard in my life. I was really confused. I can't even describe it.I don't know if I imagined it or not.

Update:
8. I was just innocently sitting and all of a sudden I felt like I was moving. I wasn't moving at all, however.
9. Recently I was lying down and I heard ringing in my ears, which I know is normal. But the thing is I only heard it in certain positions. What is that all about?

Update:
10. I was having appendicitis symptoms last night and when I woke up I felt fine.

Update:
11. I was lying down and I saw a blue, glowing spot on the wall. It went away after a few seconds.
12. On multiple occasions I saw glowing spots on random furniture around the house.

Update:
13. I was walking to the car and I really felt like the ground bounced for just a second. It was freaky.

Last edited:

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I'm not dead then why did those things happen?

This question makes no sense. You have an appointment with a psychiatrist, and that's good. It sounds like you're having visual and auditory hallucinations. We're not qualified to help you with medical problems here- and you shouldn't go on-line for that sort of help anyway.

However, I will pray for you.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I dont see how seeing a rectangle on TV or hearing a vibrating noise would make someone think they are dead?

I explained in my original post why those things weren't supposed to happen, and why they didn't make any sense.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This question makes no sense. You have an appointment with a psychiatrist, and that's good. It sounds like you're having visual and auditory hallucinations. We're not qualified to help you with medical problems here- and you shouldn't go on-line for that sort of help anyway.

However, I will pray for you.

I hope they are just hallucinations. I keep telling myself that.

Thanks for praying for me.

Upvote 0

WithLoveFromAlyssa

Love makes a choice, it has a voice...
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere around Nashville <3
✟9,959.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I explained in my original post why those things weren't supposed to happen, and why they didn't make any sense.

I read it, but I still don't see how that has anything to do with death.
You'd know if you were dead...because you wouldn't be typing to us on the computer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
3. I was programming with my dad and a mysterious rectangle showed up in the middle of the screen. In that rectangle there was another one. And in that rectangle there were words.
4. I saw a commercial on Disney XD that said there is a brand new series starting on Mondays, but it's a show I've ALREADY SEEN a few episodes of before.
5. I was at my grandma's house and when I was lying down on the couch, I heard a vibrating noise. When I was sitting up, I didn't hear it.
6. I was watching a show on Netflix and I paused it. But then when I went back to watch the rest, it didn't continue from the place I paused it.

These sort of things happen all the time. Trust us, you're not dead.

(1) and (2) suggest seeing a doctor. (3) is just what programs do. (6) is a Netflix malfunction.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read it, but I still don't see how that has anything to do with death.
You'd know if you were dead...because you wouldn't be typing to us on the computer.
Think about it this way.

God is omnipotent. He made rules for how the universe is supposed to work. These rules can't be broken unless He lets someone break them. One example of these rules not working is when God does a miracle, which is a good thing.

However, I am seeing these rules being broken in front of my eyes. These events are not good. They are not miracles. They are something else.

God made certain rules for the universe of living people. These rules aren't working for me. They don't apply to my experiences anymore.

So from that you can conclude three possibilities.

1. I have left that universe (in other words, I died).
2. God is letting someone break His rules to do bad things.
3. God is not actually omnipotent, and he lied to us.

I don't believe that God lied to us. It's one of the first two options I listed. Me dying is definitely a possibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. I have left that universe (in other words, I died).
2. God is letting someone break His rules to do bad things.
3. God is not actually omnipotent, and he lied to us.

I don't believe that God lied to us. It's one of the first two options I listed. Me dying is definitely a possibility.

Or 4: Your brain is breaking "the rules" and causing you to experience these things.

There are even certain (very rare) conditions that cause someone to think that they are dead.

Do you have someone whose judgement you absolutely trust? Your dad perhaps? Have this person help you keep a record of any strange experiences that you have and then you can show it to the doc.

You don't have to go through this alone, sister.

Upvote 0
J

Jerico Miles

I know this sounds ridiculous but I have real reasons to think this. Things are happening that can't be explained and I am horrified.

What should I do? Is it possible I'm imagining all of this? I'm really scared.

Genesis 15:1 [NKJV]
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”

Exodus 14:13
And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.

Deuteronomy 1:29
“Then I said to you, ‘Do not be terrified, or afraid of them.

Deuteronomy 20:1
“When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Joshua 10:25
Then Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage, for thus the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you fight.”

Joshua 11:6
But the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid because of them, for tomorrow about this time I will deliver all of them slain before Israel. You shall hamstring their horses and burn their chariots with fire.”

2 Kings 1:15
And the angel of the Lord said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So he arose and went down with him to the king.

2 Chronicles 32:7
“Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him; for there are more with us than with him.

There's way too many scriptures for me to list them all but the message God wants us all to know is "we're all children of The Most High God." No principality or demonic spirit have authority over us when God is first and foremost in our heart.

Colossians 2:10
and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

1 John 3:24 - 4:1-4 [NKJV]
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error

24) Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1) Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2) By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3) and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4) You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or 4: Your brain is breaking "the rules" and causing you to experience these things.

There are even certain (very rare) conditions that cause someone to think that they are dead.

Do you have someone whose judgement you absolutely trust? Your dad perhaps? Have this person help you keep a record of any strange experiences that you have and then you can show it to the doc.

You don't have to go through this alone, sister.

When you say my brain is breaking the rules are you implying that I'm hallucinating?

Unfortunately I don't have anyone whose judgement I absolutely trust. I do trust my parents for the most part, but sometimes I find it hard to believe the things they say.

I am keeping a record of strange things that are happening.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 15:1 [NKJV]
After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”

Exodus 14:13
And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.

Deuteronomy 1:29
“Then I said to you, ‘Do not be terrified, or afraid of them.

Deuteronomy 20:1
“When you go out to battle against your enemies, and see horses and chariots and people more numerous than you, do not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up from the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Joshua 10:25
Then Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid, nor be dismayed; be strong and of good courage, for thus the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you fight.”

Joshua 11:6
But the Lord said to Joshua, “Do not be afraid because of them, for tomorrow about this time I will deliver all of them slain before Israel. You shall hamstring their horses and burn their chariots with fire.”

2 Kings 1:15
And the angel of the Lord said to Elijah, “Go down with him; do not be afraid of him.” So he arose and went down with him to the king.

2 Chronicles 32:7
“Be strong and courageous; do not be afraid nor dismayed before the king of Assyria, nor before all the multitude that is with him; for there are more with us than with him.

There's way too many scriptures for me to list them all but the message God wants us all to know is "we're all children of The Most High God." No principality or demonic spirit have authority over us when God is first and foremost in our heart.

Colossians 2:10
and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

1 John 3:24 - 4:1-4 [NKJV]
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error

24) Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1) Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2) By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3) and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4) You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

I know and I am trying to not be afraid. I keep telling myself that if God wasn't watching over me I wouldn't have anything good. But I'm still scared.

Upvote 0