I need some advice! dos and donts...help!

Pink Angel

Sep 22, 2003
Arlington, Texas
Visit site
✟8,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hello everyone!:wave:

I have a question about a situation i am about to go into that i am nervous about, and i was hoping maybe someone on here has been through this too or something like it that can lend some good advice...

well first let me introduce the boyfriend his name is Roger (just to make the story telling easier) he and I have been dating for over two months now, taking it slow and not rushing anything...so just last sunday we decided to become official, you know boyfriend/girlfriend.

Now i just got a new job that pays way more than my current job, however training is in a different city in my metroplex which is an hour commute, not counting any rush hour.. Roger lives inthis city that my trianing is in and its a month long so it takes too much gas to drive too and from every day and id have to wake up super early, so roger (who lives with his dad currently) spoke with his dad and said that i can stay there for the month while i am in training bc his house is right down the street from where training is..so what i need advice on is how to stay there for a month and not be in the way and still give him the space every guy needs? what do i do and what do i NOT do....dos and donts...I am just scared that this much time together will be bad i dont to scare him off or anything...

now i am scared of all this bc we do have this awesome connection and we just click i dotn want to ruin that...normally i do see him on weekends and usually spend the weekend with him bc of the distance between us....so any recommendations advice anything? I am open to watever you recommend! Thanks for your input! =)

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hello everyone!:wave:

I have a question about a situation i am about to go into that i am nervous about, and i was hoping maybe someone on here has been through this too or something like it that can lend some good advice...

well first let me introduce the boyfriend his name is Roger (just to make the story telling easier) he and I have been dating for over two months now, taking it slow and not rushing anything...so just last sunday we decided to become official, you know boyfriend/girlfriend.

Now i just got a new job that pays way more than my current job, however training is in a different city in my metroplex which is an hour commute, not counting any rush hour.. Roger lives inthis city that my trianing is in and its a month long so it takes too much gas to drive too and from every day and id have to wake up super early, so roger (who lives with his dad currently) spoke with his dad and said that i can stay there for the month while i am in training bc his house is right down the street from where training is..so what i need advice on is how to stay there for a month and not be in the way and still give him the space every guy needs? what do i do and what do i NOT do....dos and donts...I am just scared that this much time together will be bad i dont to scare him off or anything...

now i am scared of all this bc we do have this awesome connection and we just click i dotn want to ruin that...normally i do see him on weekends and usually spend the weekend with him bc of the distance between us....so any recommendations advice anything? I am open to watever you recommend! Thanks for your input! =)

I would just say don't try to girlify his stuff or the bathroom he uses or whatever.

Oh and don't freak out about closing the toilet seat. I personally do this myself but thats because I grew up in a house full of birds and when you get the birds out they can sometimes fly and land in the toilet and potentially drown. But I know a lot of guys don't.

Upvote 0

Beautiful Fireball

Tomorrow is another day
Apr 30, 2006
✟30,245.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think if he offered it then you shouldn't be concerned about scaring him off. Just make sure that you have your own life still and that you go out without him. Its still important to maintain your other relationships and don't fall into a habit of just hanging around him all the time.

Upvote 0

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah.. I agree with Luther. I think you will be golden as long as you dont barge into his space expecting him to follow ideals/rules you may have envisioned.

When/If you get married and live together, you can force him to follow rules.. (or attempt to ;)) hah, but just be yourself and enjoy the extra time you get to spend with him.

I only get to see my gf on weekends cause of a good hour distance between us too. But I would love if she could come stay with me for more time like you have the chance here. Just enjoy it! :D

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Treat him like you would treat any other roommate. Try to make your presence known in a positive way: clean up after yourself (but not necessarily after him all the time); cook your share of meals; let him watch what he wants to on TV, but make sure to ask to watch the shows you want to too.

Just like any other roommate...

Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok most definate Do's:

First night there
Take your cosmetic bag, invade his bathroom and place your toothbrush next to his
Fill his drawers with your makeup
His medicine cabinet with lots of meds and creams (mainly things like Xanax and creams for feminine conditions)
Place feminine products next to his shaving kit so he doesn't miss it
Place kisses on his mirror and sticky love notes as well
(and in the lunchbag you'll pack for him)
Leave on sink all exfoliatiors-beauty products-bath salts, pedicure stuff, etc.

Then, ask him to leave you a detailed log of his schedule, and call him if he's 4 min late.

Make sure he hands over his cell phone for your review every night

Bring a pet with you that isn't potty trained

Get him stuffed girly pinkish teddy bears and place them in his room after you re-decorated in frills and lots of pillows.

Fill his drawers with pics of you and with your nail polishes

Take over the remote control-lock away his video games and ban all computer play time

Call his friends and tell them he's out of service the next month

That's a start...I"m sure I'll think of more.

;) Yeah, totally j/k btw, thought I'd throw in some humor

Reactions: Tamara224
Upvote 0

Pink Angel

Sep 22, 2003
Arlington, Texas
Visit site
✟8,659.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
He'll be fine with you there. Just try to relax - if you guys have good communication, he'll let you know when it's becoming a bit too much time together before it becomes a major issue, but unless he doesn't seem that much like a "quality time" guy, it probably won't be one.

see thats a good thing, bc he is very open and does communicate well he is a very honest and almost blunt person, so we talked abotu that lastnight because he was telling me that he loves the fact that he can tell me things that i wont take offense too like others girls do, so he told me that he knows id be ok if he said he needed some space bc i would give it to him no questions asked...so he is open on communication....so i am hoping you guys are thinking this should end well, and maybe even bring us closer :pray:

Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
see thats a good thing, bc he is very open and does communicate well he is a very honest and almost blunt person, so we talked abotu that lastnight because he was telling me that he loves the fact that he can tell me things that i wont take offense too like others girls do, so he told me that he knows id be ok if he said he needed some space bc i would give it to him no questions asked...so he is open on communication....so i am hoping you guys are thinking this should end well, and maybe even bring us closer :pray:
Just to ensure closeness-recant on what you said and say "But honey, why ever would you need space, I'm ok being with you only all the time, why don't you feel the same way, I just LOVE being with you all the time. I can't believe you don't feel the same way"

And run off crying and slam the door behind you and pout till he caves.

;) Yeah, j/k again.

Reactions: deliciousBass
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi Pink,
I'd say your goig to be in a new city, so tell Roger that you want to go out and learn about the city.

Maybe check out meetup.com and see what activities are going on there that you'd like to attend.

I think since your taking it slow, continue to do some things on your own so that your not joined at the hip all the time.

Maybe check out some churches you normally wouldn't attend. Many ways you can have your own life and give him space.

OH ... congrats on being gf/bf .... :)

dayhiker

Upvote 0
I

ImperialPhantom

Sounds like it will go well to me. Good luck (not that you need it :p )!

Upvote 0