private
✟24,664.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hello i was in a restaurant whit my family and I was getting attacked whit bad thoughts and I just wanted them to stop. I got thoughts like Jesus is a liar he is not he is the truth and I got thoughts like satan is the th... I don't want to type it and other bad thoughts.
I wanted to stop the bad thoughts so i said the opposite of the bad thoughts but I accidentally said them!!! Because they were in my head did I do the unforgivable sin. What do I have to do?
Sorry I am here again I'm scared that you guys hate that I post so many topics of the same thing I have ocd.. I accidentally said all the bad thoughts

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello i was in a restaurant whit my family and I was getting attacked whit bad thoughts and I just wanted them to stop. I got thoughts like Jesus is a liar he is not he is the truth and I got thoughts like satan is the th... I don't want to type it and other bad thoughts.
I wanted to stop the bad thoughts so i said the opposite of the bad thoughts but I accidentally said them!!! Because they were in my head did I do the unforgivable sin. What do I have to do?
Sorry I am here again I'm scared that you guys hate that I post so many topics of the same thing I have ocd.. I accidentally said all the bad thoughts

Then that is precisely all it is, Kian. Obsessive compulsiveness manifesting itself in a very ugly way. You yourself seem to recognize it. God knows the heart, and I am sure He knows better that these thoughts - and yes, even what you accidentally said aloud - are not the real you. The only reason the bad thoughts repeat themselves is because you are so frightened of them, and wrongful, fear-fueling "God hates everything you do and say and is just itching to send you to hell; be VERY AFRAID!" preaching from the pulpit in some churches certainly doesn't help lessen the impact of bad thoughts and personal fear of committing the unforgivable sin.

I know I can't tell you anything new about religious-oriented ocd that will magically make your problems and fears go away in one night. And it is not easy to endure by any means (trust me, I know from personal experience), but just try your best not to be scared by the bad thoughts when they come. To try not to be alarmed and let any surge of emotion overtake you. Again, God knows better. He knows these thoughts are not the true you or anything like that. It's just how the human mind works. Remember, if I wrote to you right now not to think a blasphemous thought against the Holy Spirit or you will immediately be condemned and "go to hell" .... despite the warning and the consequences, what thought are you bound to have come to mind next? Exactly, any kind of blasphemous words you can think of about the Holy Spirit. I myself had a bad thought as I typed those last two sentences out! But I know that isn't what I truly want, desire, or believe. God has graciously given me victory over this disease seven years ago, and I pray for you that He will do the same for you as well. I know it is tough to have to go through this daily misery and fear, Kian. I know. In fact, I truly believe it is one of the worst things that can happen to a human being. Just please hang in there and be determined to keep praying to God for His mercy and healing and thank Him for His goodness and grace and (most of all) the gift of His Son Jesus Christ, even as bad thoughts may continue to assault you all the while.

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There are many theories on the unforgivable sin. However, I won't get into that. I would however like to share quote from John Piper:

"The fact that there is an unforgivable sin — that there comes a point in a life of sin after which the Holy Spirit will no longer grant repentance — that fact should drive us from sin with fear and trembling. None of us knows when our toying with sin will pass over into irrevocable hardness of heart. Very few people feel how serious sin is. Very few people are on the same wavelength with Jesus when he said in Mark 9:43, “If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.”

Instead, many professing Christians today have such a sentimental view of God’s justice that they never feel terror and horror at the thought of being utterly forsaken by God because of their persistence in sin. They have the naïve notion that God’s patience has no end and that they can always return from any length and depth of sin, forgetting that there is a point of resistance which belittles the Holy Spirit so grievously that he withdraws forever with his convicting power, leaving them never able to repent and be forgiven.

They are like the buzzard who spots a carcass on a piece of ice floating in the river. He lands and begins to eat. He knows it is dangerous because the falls are just ahead. But he looks at his wings and says to himself, “I can fly to safety in an instant.” And he goes on eating. Just before the ice goes over the falls he spreads his wings to fly but his claws are frozen in the ice and there is no escape — neither in this age nor the age to come. The Spirit of holiness has forsaken the arrogant sinner forever.

Another of the devil’s fiery darts is this, “You have committed the unpardonable sin.” Ah! this arrow has rankled in many a heart, and it is very difficult to deal with such cases. The only way in which I argue with a person thus assailed is to say, “I am quite certain that, if you desire salvation, you have not committed the unpardonable sin, and I am absolutely sure that, if you will now come and trust Christ, you have not committed that sin, for every soul that trusts Christ is forgiven, according to God’s Word, and therefore you cannot have committed that sin.”

Kian, draw near to Christ and he will draw near to you. Do not run or hide from the only one that can forgive your sins. Jesus loves you and rememberer, "while you were still a sinner" Christ loved you.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,283.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kian-vg, encourage you to turn your focus to Scriptures and make them personal such as:
I cast all my cares on you Lord because you care for me. I Pet 5:7
Your peace which passes all understanding keeps my heart and mind through Christ Jesus Phil 4:7
Your goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in Your house forever PSA 23:6

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

this is not to encourage you continue in this manner but may help when Satan attacks. there was a guy by the name of Peter who followed the Lord. Peter is one of my favorite people because I am so much like Peter impulsive, say foolish things and so forth. This time Peter who a short time earlier was brave enough to slice the ear off one of those who came to arrest the Lord in the garden now entering into the place our Lord had been taken is met by a servant girl and immediately denied the Lord. We know Peter did this 2 more times. That is the ugly awful part of what Peter did. You can be sure Peter was under attack by Satan just as you are. You are wracked by guilt and all the things the Lord says are not from Him. When the Resurrected Lord had been Resurrected the first thing recorded about Him was how He immediately sought out Peter not to condemn him but to restore him. Three times the Good Shepherd who came seeking His sheep, Peter, is told to be a shepherd and care for the Lord's flock.

A second example. It had been a long, long day and the Lord finally got the chance to lay down. Unfortunately His back had been shredded by whippings with rocks and jagged bones as Roman soldiers prepared Him for crucifixion. Beaten beyond recognition, falsely accused and now they were driving those jagged nails through His hands and feet. It was then that the Lord spoke the words that may have been what would cause a Roman centurion to declare that the Lord is the Son of God. Crucifixion maybe the worst way developed by men to kill someone. We get the word excruciating which means out of the cross. Besides everything else done to you are suffocating with each breath as it seems to wrap around you squeezing off your ability to draw a breath, The Lord God who went to that cross for you and I and every person and all our sins could have entered into time when ever He chose to chose to die for us in an excruciating manner to show us not only how terrible our sin is and that it cost God everything to pay for our sin. As He lay there the nails tore His flesh the taggedy nature of the nails most likely scraped against bones, not breaking any, causing what those who should know about these things say causes pain on a level second to none. As these nails were driven in the Lord said "Father forgive them they know not what they do." For me more amazing words have never been spoken. This is the God we serve. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. The Good Shepherd has been seeking His lost sheep, you, to restore you through His loving Grace. When Satan attacks we are to resist him part of that is under way with you this letter is an attempt for you to resist him. We can resist Him best by fleeing into our Rock, don't make the mistake ADam and Eve did fleeing from Him. He has left all His glory and Honor just for every one of His of us His sheep. It is with the Good Shepherd that we find the comfort of His rod and staff.

We are His prodigal sons who when we retuen to Him He comes running to meet us and declares it to be a time to feast.

Heavenly Father I ask you to send the Holy Spirit, The Comforter, to everyone who is hurt and in need of the Good Shepherd. How you bind us up. I ask you Lord in your Holy Son's Name for you to bring to your servant the peace that surpasses all understanding. You are good and you are gracious willing to forgive 7 times 70 or complete forgiveness as indicated by the number seven which speaks of completeness, seven days in a week etc. Seek spiritual people who are modeling the Lord's love and forgiveness to others for support. The Lord says to take His yoke upon us for His yoke is easy. The yoke you are being crushed under is not His yoke and there is another shepherd out here who is actual a roaring lion looking for those he can devour. There is only one place of refuge and He is open waiting for you to take that first step of faith to Him that He might swiftly come to you and let Him take on the roaring lion of Satan and you be and become totally consumed with Him and not like we often are surround by the sword and when we are consumed with Him we can walk on the water and the storm while still there is not like what those who stayed in the boat are going through Christ is safety. But Peter took his eyes off the Lord and sank like a rock. But there was the hand of the Good Shepherd reaching down restoring His little lamb Peter one more time. He is reaching for you take His hand and learn of Him.

Sorry I ramble I just love what He has revealed of Himself and I can't help it. I pray this in some small way maybe a help and comfort to you. God bless and His mercies are new every day. He knows we all would need them daily. Thank you Lord!!!

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, apparently the post has been deleted already by watchful mods (and props to you who took care of it, by the way, whoever you are, because it was the last thing that Kian needed to hear at a time like this), but in my inbox I saw an email come up detailing the first post to come after my initial reply in this thread, utterly lacking in compassion and yet filled with hateful judgment.

And may I say to the person who made that very post to Kian - you know who are if you see this - you had best reevaluate the manner in which you deal with human beings in need of help. If you continue to persist in showing this lack of mercy to others, then do not expect the Spirit to show any mercy upon you.

Upvote 0

Skawk”

Aug 15, 2019
private
✟24,664.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay, apparently the post has been deleted already by watchful mods (and props to you who took care of it, by the way, whoever you are, because it was the last thing that Kian needed to hear at a time like this), but in my inbox I saw an email come up detailing the first post to come after my initial reply in this thread, utterly lacking in compassion and yet filled with hateful judgment.

And may I say to the person who made that very post to Kian - you know who are if you see this - you had best reevaluate the manner in which you deal with human beings in need of help. If you continue to persist in showing this lack of mercy to others, then do not expect the Spirit to show any mercy upon you.
Thank you you are very lovely to me it really helps me. I already know I did not do the unforgivable sin but still it really scares me because I really want to get in heaven I just want I never heard about the unforgivable sin then this never happened... I cried a lot my whole vacation what's gone I only was worried and searching on Internet for answers... And this happend like 7 times... First I got thoughts then I accidentally said I hat... The holy spirit I don't I love the holy spirit then I discovered I have false memory OCD.. And all other things im almost crying while I am typing this im only 13 and I want this to be over.. When I get so scared I just ask the Lord for rest i feel him in my heart his joy his love it is the same like when you are scared as a little child and you want to sleep whit your parents.. I really love God and I would never blaspheme the holy spirit but I'm scared I did it because I accidentally said it and then my false memory OCD comes and let me forget what i said and then I'm getting more scared because then I don't really know I which way I said it like accidentally, unknowingly or whit a meaning! People say if you are worried you did not do the unforgivable sin but why you did not do it then Jesus says whoever SPEAKS against the holy spirit will not be forgiven and If you say it accidentally you speak.. That are my thoughts but also if you SPEAK AGAINST the holy spirit you can't do that accidentally because you are AGAINST the holy spirit and I am not I love the holy spirit so Im not AGAINST the holy spirit and so I can't speak AGAINST the holy spirit that are my thoughts about it but yeah I'm still scared. But I think I did not do the unforgiveable sin because I'm not against the Holy Spirit so you can not speak against the holy spirit I think? I like to have someone to talk to about my situations like you it really helps me. But what I accidentally said today was not against the holy spirit it was more like Jesus is a liar he is not I don't want to type it even but yeah I need it to explain it and other things like I am god or something like that ( I am not God) or that I am a saviour or something like that but I don't really know if I thought or sayed that but when I got that thought I said "Jesus is the only saviour I am not jesus is he died for US he loved us so much that he DIED for us would someone here on earth do that NO only JESUS. And I don't trowh that away I accept that I want to be in heaven in Jesus he is like my best friend I can tell him everything. But now I really think clearly I know I did not do the unforgiveable sin but still I know this is going to happen again again and again in the future and I don't want that... Sorry for my bad English.

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really love God and I would never blaspheme the holy spirit but I'm scared I did it because I accidentally said it and then my false memory OCD comes and let me forget what i said and then I'm getting more scared because then I don't really know I which way I said it like accidentally, unknowingly or whit a meaning!

I understand it makes you scared, but it doesn't make it true. I was scared and worried and anxious and crying all of the times over these very same things, these same kinds of moments you describe. I cannot tell you exactly how or what I did to make my period of sickness end and begin to heal. Truly only by God's mercy in which He decided one day I had suffered enough from this. I really don't know.

But for whatever it's worth, I can identify with these time you describe. It is a vicious cycle. You think a bad thought, you get worried and scared in all sorts of ways, you search for answers on the Internet, something reassuring someone says might make you feel better for a small time and you are calmed, the next day/week/month your mind begins to dissect that one reassuring thing someone said to you or that you read on the Internet and try to rationalize the reassurance into not applying to yourself because subconsciously you are still so fearful (due perhaps to the impact of fearful teachings such as the traditional view of hell or double predestination or the unforgivable sin), and then your mind in its obsessive fear manages to think up a new bad thought that makes you feel condemned or at least worried about being condemned all over again (in your example going from "I hate the Holy Spirit" to "Jesus is a liar" to "I am savior and not Christ"), and the cycle repeats. Shoot, sometimes during my period of sickness I even tried to rationalize that I was condemned and not a true believer simply on the hyper-Calvinistic thought that God had predestined me to never "truly" belong to Christ, that this tyrannical view of God might be true and He had determined to hate me all along from the moment I was born, or some other crazy thing like that. When motivated by fear of the traditional hell or God's abandonment or that He has always hated us and actively predestines some people to be reprobate solely so that He can have an excuse to then condemn you (which of course I firmly believe is a very wrongful and malignant view of Him), believe me, your mind will think up all sorts of crazy reasons to get you to believe them, against your active will. It is a very hard time to endure, Kian, and believe me that you have my compassion in this, but unfortunately you may have to continue to live with it for a time. Hopefully the practical suggestions of myself and others in this thread might help give you some means to begin treating the problem and function better in daily life in spite of it, however, even if you cannot just make it totally make it disappear in one night.

A place on the Internet that might also help you is the website of Grantley Morris, someone who has lived with similar problems and seemingly suffered far more greatly from them than even you or I have. I do not remember the name of the site or the details contained therein well at all, actually, seeing as that was maybe seven years ago, but there's no doubt in my mind that Morris' bringing this to light on the Internet for all sufferers of this kind of ocd to see, is the merciful work of the Holy Spirit. Scrupulosity: Salvation worry. Severe guilt.

Upvote 0

Christ is Lord

Aug 27, 2019
Top Secret
✟27,506.00
Country
Virgin Islands, British
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I saw it as well as was taken a back by it and reported it. Not sure if that’s how they saw it but I’m glad it’s down.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Make sure you are forgiving others.

Also, you can use your own problems to help you feel for other people >

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

As God changes us, correcting us, proving Himself to us, we have hope for others also to do better. Love "hopes all things" > in 1 Corinthians 13:7.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skawk”

Aug 15, 2019
private
✟24,664.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"He can have compassion on those who are ignorant and going astray, since he himself is also subject to weakness." (Hebrews 5:2)

As God changes us, correcting us, proving Himself to us, we have hope for others also to do better. Love "hopes all things" > in 1 Corinthians 13:7.
What u mean?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What u mean?
Make sure you are forgiving others. Jesus wants to forgive us, but also God expects us to forgive people, even the way God has forgiven us.

So, I mean > do not be concerned only about if you are forgiven, but make sure you are doing the forgiving of others, which God wants. If you are worrying about if you are forgiven, this could be a trick to keep your attention away from doing the forgiving which God wants you to do.

Is this more clear? God bless you :)

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What u mean?
Also, I mean that when I have sin problems, I can use my own problems to help me feel for other people and understand what it is like for them in their sin troubles.

And if I pay attention to my own sin problems, this can help me to be humble and not so fast to criticize others. I have been able to be very fast to only point at how others are wrong. But now I possibly am doing better; when I see how someone else is wrong, I might consider how I too can be wrong like that. This has helped me to seek God for real correction.

And as I get real correction, this encourages me to have hope of how God is also able to change any other person out of any sin trouble. This is included in what I get from love "hopes all things" > in 1 Corinthians 13:7.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to stop the bad thoughts so i said the opposite of the bad thoughts but I accidentally said them!!! ...

I think it is will or meaning that matters. If you don’t mean something, it is not a problem to say accidentally something wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Control your mind by inserting good thoughts such as "Jesus is Lord " and "Satan is a liar from the beginning" and fill your mind with positive things like the parables of Jesus or the story of the Gospel. The more you focus on "my mind is blank" the harder it will be. Satan has the power to "insert thoughts" into your mind that are not yours. Don't sweat that. God gives you free will to dismiss those thoughts as trash saying "Satan is a liar from the beginning" each time and then forcibly turning your mind to focus on one of Christ's teaching. Defeat evil with good thoughts.

Think of a gospel song and begin to sing it silently or hum the song to yourself... focus your mind.

Reactions: Skawk”
Upvote 0

Skawk”

Aug 15, 2019
private
✟24,664.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello I was in bath and I felt there were blasphemous thoughts coming so I prayed to Jesus and I said help I am being attacked by lies of the holy spirit but I said by lies of the holy spirit and not I am attacked by lies about the holy spirit. Idk what to do now because I will never call the holy spirit a lier he is the Spirit of truth. But if I said this I am being attacked by lies of the holy spirit did I call the holy spirit a lier? He is not and I will never call the holy spirit a lier and I don't really know if I said it accidentally and I can't real renember it. But if I said this I am being attacked by lies of the holy spirit did I said the holy spirit is a lier? He is not. I'm stressing now

Upvote 0