South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Now I am only writing about those who pervert Islam and give the religion a bad name. I believe that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity, no matter the religion. Having said that, have the KKK perverted Christianity like the Islamic terrorists we see on tv and read in the newspapers perverted Islam? In other words, would you consider the KKK a terrorist organization, at least in the United States? I believe that they are.

Terrorists terrorize and put fear into people because of people who didn't look like them or think like them. They were more about using religion to strike fear into many of their fellow man or woman. To me, they are both symbols of not only hate, but death. They are to true Christianity what Mohammed is to Jesus Christ. Jesus was no Klansman and certainly no Mohammed, thank You, Lord. He came to rightfully divide, save, love, and provide justice.

All the Klan did, and still do, is to pervert what is holy and turned it into what is profane. If this is certainly the case with the Klan and we know of them, then why do so many also have to put up with people who not only hate, but some also don't wish to assimilate. Islam (at its worst) and the Klan are about using religious perversion to not just terrorize but to follow them using violence and forced conversion, at least in the case of Islam. That is why I asked these questions. Those who also feel this way have a point.

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you ever read the Qur'an or the hadiths? Let me tell you, the only perversion of Islam is the lie that it is a religion of Peace, the truth is it is the religion of terror. If you do not believe me I recommend reading the Qur'an and the hadiths. Islam is the religion of terror because they were founded by one of the worst men in history who did The Following:
Raped a child as young as nine
Encouraged his follower's to rape young girls
Supported and ordered the rape of women
Own black slaves and had no respect for them
Referred to Blacks as raisin heads, and said that the devil looks like a black man
Ordered his follower's to kill anyone who does not follow Islam
Ordered his follower's to kill anyone who leaves Islam
Ordered his follower's to beat their wives
Ordered his follower's to kill all dogs
Ordered his follower's to kill all geckos
Ordered his follower's to drink camel's urine
Ordered his follower's to dip flies in their food
Ordered his follower's to drink putrid water
Ordered his follower's to kill all Christians and Jews
he twisted the Torah and gospel to his own ends
his actions directly led to more deaths then Hitler's wildest dreams.
And This is only the beginning

References are in the Qur'an and the hadiths.
There is no such thing as radical Islamic terrorism, it is only Islam the religion of terror. I Invite anyone who thinks I am wrong to read the Qur'an and the hadiths, I have.

P.S. If you are going to respond with “well the Christians did bad thinks to.” I would love to see you try.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Now I am only writing about those who pervert Islam and give the religion a bad name. I believe that everyone should be treated with respect and dignity, no matter the religion. Having said that, have the KKK perverted Christianity like the Islamic terrorists we see on tv and read in the newspapers perverted Islam? In other words, would you consider the KKK a terrorist organization, at least in the United States? I believe that they are.

Terrorists terrorize and put fear into people because of people who didn't look like them or think like them. They were more about using religion to strike fear into many of their fellow man or woman. To me, they are both symbols of not only hate, but death. They are to true Christianity what Mohammed is to Jesus Christ. Jesus was no Klansman and certainly no Mohammed, thank You, Lord. He came to rightfully divide, save, love, and provide justice.

All the Klan did, and still do, is to pervert what is holy and turned it into what is profane. If this is certainly the case with the Klan and we know of them, then why do so many also have to put up with people who not only hate, but some also don't wish to assimilate. Islam (at its worst) and the Klan are about using religious perversion to not just terrorize but to follow them using violence and forced conversion, at least in the case of Islam. That is why I asked these questions. Those who also feel this way have a point.

I certainly agree that the KKK is a terrorist organization and has perverted Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Have you ever read the Qur'an or the hadiths? Let me tell you, the only perversion of Islam is the lie that it is a religion of Peace, the truth is it is the religion of terror.

nonsense...i could just as easily pull quotes out of of context from the bible to accomplish the very same thing you're attempting to do here.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not find the Muslim religion to be friendly to anyone who does not wish to convert to their ways.
M-Bob

It May have something to do with the last greatest commandment from Muhammad. Let's take a look, We find it in the Quran 9:29.

[9:29] Fight those from among the People of the Book (Christians and Jews) who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor hold as unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have declared to be unlawful, nor follow the true religion, until they pay the tax with their own hand and acknowledge their subjection.

P.S. Examining this and many other verses from the Quran and the Hadith, we find this phrase a lot: “what Allah and His Messenger have declared” The messenger always refers to Muhammad. Whenever it is stating this it is giving Muhammad equivalent power to Allah, and sense Muhammad was the only one, Allah spoke to it effectively gives Muhammad complete power.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
nonsense...i could just as easily pull quotes out of of context from the bible to accomplish the very same thing you're attempting to do here.

What in the bible would be a direct command like, We find it in the Quran 9:29:

[9:29] Fight those from among the People of the Book (Christians and Jews) who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor hold as unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have declared to be unlawful, nor follow the true religion, until they pay the tax with their own hand and acknowledge their subjection.

Come on and Try?

• Agree
Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, at least Islam gave People of the Book (Christians and Jews) the option of paying a tax and allow them to continue as Christians and Jews. If we look at Christians, we seldom, very seldom, gave others such freedom. It was usually convert or die.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, at least Islam gave People of the Book (Christians and Jews) the option of paying a tax and allow them to continue as Christians and Jews. If we look at Christians, we seldom, very seldom, gave others such freedom. It was usually convert or die.

You mean like the USA, That was founded on Christian Values and By Christians.

But it goes on:
[9:123] O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who are the Al-Muttaqun.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You mean like the USA, That was founded on Christian Values and By Christians.

Shall we get into the history of Christian persecutions in America? We could start with the first woman executed. She and her brother were hung for being Quakers. They were hung by the Puritans. That was Christian vs Christian. It continued to go downhill from there. The USA is no shining city on a hill. Not by a long shot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Those who have contempt for Christianity ought not be Christians.
It is just common sense.
"I hate what Christians do so much, that I am a Christian" is inane.
It is the position that Christians on the left take time and time again though.

What can or cannot be said against Islam, that is just something that Muslims do not do.
Self-criticism is not really a Muslim thing. Christians in our post Christian era carry their self-criticism to such a degree that it is no different than self-contempt.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shall we get into the history of Christian persecutions in America? We could start with the first woman executed. She and her brother were hung for being Quakers. They were hung by the Puritans. That was Christian vs Christian. It continued to go downhill from there. The USA is no shining city on a hill. Not by a long shot.

No, you are right the USA is no shining city on a hill, it is just better then every Muslim nation. Where if a christian or Jew does not pay the tax and live as a second class citizen, the punishment is beheading, The punishment for any homosexuality is to be thrown off a building, and If a Non-believer woman is found without a man, she can be raped. Ya, you are right, I am sure that the Islamic nations who practice Sharia law, are much better then the USA. That's why they are immigrating, they are sick of all the good things they have in those nations who practice Sharia Law. And you have actually read the Qur'an and the hadiths, Right? It would be kinda foolish if you were talking about Books you have never even read.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
That's why they are immigrating, they are sick of all the good things they have in those nations who practice Sharia Law. And you have actually read the Qur'an and the hadiths, Right? It would be kinda foolish if you were talking about Books you have never even read.

Yes, I have read them. As for the immigration, most are actually refugees fleeing violence and war and religious extremism. These problems are mostly much more political rather than religious in nature and many can trace their origins to the meddling of Western nations in the Mid-East and North Africa particularly following the collapse of the Ottoman Empire about a century ago.

Upvote 0

Your Brother In Christ

Christian YouTuber
Jan 30, 2017
USA
✟17,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I have read them. As for the immigration, most are actually refugees fleeing violence and war and religious extremism. These problems are mostly much more political rather than religious in nature and many can trace their origins to the meddling of Western nations in the Mid-East and North Africa particularly following the collapse of the Ottoman Empire about a century ago.

That is fantastic, Then sense you have read you can explain, if I have taken 9:29 and 9:123 out of context.

[9:123] O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who are the Al-Muttaqun.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The KKK is dead wrong, but I don't see it (currently) as a terror organization because it doesn't terrorize. Holding errant views is not the same thing as flying 747s into buildings and strapping bombs to children. . .

At one time the KKK did engage in acts of terror, but it was not on the scale of Islamic terrorists - not by any stretch of the imagination.

List of Islamic Terror Attacks

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
The KKK is dead wrong, but I don't see it (currently) as a terror organization because it doesn't terrorize. Holding errant views is not the same thing as flying 747s into buildings and scraping bombs to children. . .

At one time the KKK did engage in acts of terror, but it was not on the scale of Islamic terrorists - not by any stretch of the imagination.

List of Islamic Terror Attacks
The KKK was a serious American problem, especially regionally. Like Islamism, it was mainstream, even to the Wilson WH.
In terms of Christianity, KKK was never mainstream. Indeed, the strongest and most effective defense against KKK ideology has emerged from within Christianity.
Islamism is global, it is mainstream in Islam, and opposition to its ideology within Islam is weak, and poorly supported by either the history of that religion, or the texts.

There are really no points of comparison between Christianity and Islam. It is only extreme prejudice and bias against Christianity by the secular and Christian left that pretends that there is.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What in the bible would be a direct command like, We find it in the Quran 9:29:

Come on and Try?

no, god did not command tax collection, he demanded their deaths...the deaths of infidels.

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

and more love here...

Deuteronomy 13:
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

...anything can be taken out of context.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No, you are right the USA is no shining city on a hill, it is just better then every Muslim nation. Where if a christian or Jew does not pay the tax and live as a second class citizen, the punishment is beheading, The punishment for any homosexuality is to be thrown off a building, and If a Non-believer woman is found without a man, she can be raped. Ya, you are right, I am sure that the Islamic nations who practice Sharia law, are much better then the USA. That's why they are immigrating, they are sick of all the good things they have in those nations who practice Sharia Law. And you have actually read the Qur'an and the hadiths, Right? It would be kinda foolish if you were talking about Books you have never even read.
Refugees from Iran and that first Islamic theocracy of the modern era have made Los Angeles into the second most populous Iranian city on earth.
In the meantime, the number of refugees from America has remained about zero for pretty much all of American history.

The contempt that the left has for American and the west in general knows no bounds. Everything is America's fault.
It is basically a racist attitude. It reduces non-westerners into hapless victims who have no control over their own destiny and are never responsible for their own actions.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Those who have contempt for Christianity ought not be Christians.
It is just common sense.
"I hate what Christians do so much, that I am a Christian" is inane.
It is the position that Christians on the left take time and time again though.

That's the gift of Christian faith to western culture, we can be self-critical and not take ourselves so seriously. In some Islamic countries, that just isn't possible. Everything is a matter of honor.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's the gift of Christian faith to western culture, we can be self-critical and not take ourselves so seriously. In some Islamic countries, that just isn't possible. Everything is a matter of honor.
Rene Girard has very good discussions on how this has been a gift. Doubt as to whether we have any certainty of whether it is even the Son of God up on the cross leads to critical self-examination, and it is that kind of thinking that has even led to the development of science.
He also gets into the hyper-Christian excesses in our post-Christian world, where the gift of self-criticism is used to cut our own throats.
Self-criticism done from an attitude of self-contempt for one's own history and culture is not a gift but a method of committing suicide.

Upvote 0