Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I initially thought the horrible attacks in Israel would not have happened if Trump was president. But I cannot back that up at all I think I was brainwashed by Ben Shapiro and Dennis Prager.

The Abraham peace accords basically have nothing to do with Hamas as far as I can tell.
Correct. They were "peace accords" between nations that never once had been at war with each other.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump is calculating how the war will help his numbers? Over a thousand deaths? Collateral damage to him.
and what proof do you have of this?

Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I initially thought the horrible attacks in Israel would not have happened if Trump was president. But I cannot back that up at all I think I was brainwashed by Ben Shapiro and Dennis Prager.

The Abraham peace accords basically have nothing to do with Hamas as far as I can tell.
As much as I like Trump I believe the Abrahamic accord can only bring war. God has always kept Isaac seperate from Ishmael. The more Israel has tried to intergrate with other nations has always brought on them persecution.

I see it the same as if Christians were to seek accord with Moslem ... can't happen.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
and what proof do you have of this?
I put a question mark...and I am going by his long track record of prioritizing himself above every other human being on earth.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As much as I like Trump I believe the Abrahamic accord can only bring war. God has always kept Isaac seperate from Ishmael. The more Israel has tried to intergrate with other nations has always brought on them persecution.

I see it the same as if Christians were to seek accord with Moslem ... can't happen.
Read the Good Samaritan parable. And who is my Neighbor?

Love thy neighbor as thyself.

It's not God endorsing hatred and division.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Ha'aretz lays the blame on Netanyahu.

Netenyahu and Likud have spent most of their time eroding anything resembling liberal democracy in Israel. I knew things were going bad when Arabic was removed as an official language in Israel, about a decade or so ago. That was basically a giant middle finger to the idea of peaceful coexistence in favor of ethnic cleansing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟83,771.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

if God were to endorse Hamas what would He be endorsing? The Palestinians have always been offered equal citizenship of the state of Israel, they would rather cut their throats than accept that.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
if God were to endorse Hamas what would He be endorsing? The Palestinians have always been offered equal citizenship of the state of Israel, they would rather cut their throats than accept that.
Equal citizenship? If you were debating this, your opponent would have hundreds of references--even thousands--to the contrary.

Reactions: ChurchBuilder
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do not condone the attacks.

I do not condone the Israeli treatment of Palestinians over many years. I know a young Christian man who went to Israel about ten years ago to work with the Palestinians and who saw firsthand the terrible conditions in which they were forced to live. He worked with Israelis who opposed the persecution and subjugation of the Palestinians living there (which I would liken to Apartheid in S. Africa). Because he was offering humanitarian assistance to the Palestinians, the Israelis arrested him and then drove him to the Egyptian border (I believe it was Egypt) and told him he would never be allowed to return for the country.

I wrote an article about his visit. Because I had met with him and interviewed him and heard firsthand about the hours long checkpoints, the noise bombs that shattered windows in Palestinian homes, etc. I know in a personal way that Israel, and in particular the Netanyahu regime, has exacerbated the problem.

I also know that what will be unleashed against the Palestinian people, most of whom are not members of Hamas, who are good, decent people trying to survive, will be much, much worse than anything Hamas has done in the past weekend.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do not condone the attacks.

I do not condone the Israeli treatment of Palestinians over many years. I know a young Christian man who went to Israel about ten years ago to work with the Palestinians and who saw firsthand the terrible conditions in which they were forced to live. He worked with Israelis who opposed the persecution and subjugation of the Palestinians living there (which I would liken to Apartheid in S. Africa). Because he was offering humanitarian assistance to the Palestinians, the Israelis arrested him and then drove him to the Egyptian border (I believe it was Egypt) and told him he would never be allowed to return for the country.

I wrote an article about his visit. Because I had met with him and interviewed him and heard firsthand about the hours long checkpoints, the noise bombs that shattered windows in Palestinian homes, etc. I know in a personal way that Israel, and in particular the Netanyahu regime, has exacerbated the problem.

I also know that what will be unleashed against the Palestinian people, most of whom are not members of Hamas, who are good, decent people trying to survive, will be much, much worse than anything Hamas has done in the past weekend.
that is the cold hard truth of war more civilians die than combatants largely because civilians usually have neither the weapons nor the protective equipment that combatants do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hamas and their Iranian sponsors would agree with you. Some analyst suspect the Hamas launched the attack, fearing they would be isolated if Saudi Arabia and Isreal continuted their discussions toward normalizing relations.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I put a question mark...and I am going by his long track record of prioritizing himself above every other human being on earth.
I would love to watch Trump try to answer the “trolley problem” query.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

That's not an endorsement of hatred.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0