• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I have a question about medication

Status
Not open for further replies.

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have been taken anti depressants for 4 years now and because of being broke I can not afford to get more meds. So the few meds that I have I have been weening off of them. My mood swings are pretty bad now, like one moment I am feeling great then the next moment I am feeling very low. On top of that sypmtom I am having such bad adomanal pain for the last 18 hours. I did NOT have diareah or vommiting. Is all of this normal? I don't know what to do? I CAN NOT afford a doctor and certainly not the hospital, please help! I need advice I am worried about this. Thanks

Rose Petal

Mar 20, 2009
✟7,629.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
I have been taken anti depressants for 4 years now and because of being broke I can not afford to get more meds. So the few meds that I have I have been weening off of them. My mood swings are pretty bad now, like one moment I am feeling great then the next moment I am feeling very low. On top of that sypmtom I am having such bad adomanal pain for the last 18 hours. I did NOT have diareah or vommiting. Is all of this normal? I don't know what to do? I CAN NOT afford a doctor and certainly not the hospital, please help! I need advice I am worried about this. Thanks

I had bad abdominal pain when I was weaned off an anti-depressant a number of years ago -- apparently it was not yet known that this particular a-d, if not weaned off VERY SLOWLY AND GRADUALLY can cause terrible withdrawal symptoms. I also felt nauseus, but did not have diarrhea or vomiting.

Upvote 0

RoseyK

A Daughter of the King
Mar 19, 2007
New Castle DE
✟150,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
aflowerforGod.....I would call your pharmacy. Some pharmacy's have generic drug programs that if you pay them a small fee $20.00...you can get the generic medications for $4.00...$6.00. If that doesn't pan out.....call your doctor...he/she may have samples of your medication that he/she can give you.

I know people who went thru withdraw....and the symptoms lasted for about 2 weeks. If you are going to go thru the withdraw....I would suggest fresh air...some walking....fresh fruits and veggies...multi vitamins and a B complex.

But seriously......call your doctor to be on the safe side. :prayer:

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Most mental health centers have an indigent drug program, but you must be a client. Unless you have a chemical imbalance, try working on the root cause of your depression, by using other things like self-talk, affirmations, aroma therapy and maybe you can get chemical free! That would be great wouldn't it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.