Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I shouldn't feel this way, but I don't like Holy Week sometimes. I find it stressful. There is too much going on and I feel that I can't sleep well during that week or exercise because the only things that are going on are church (this should not be a burden). It's not the events themselves that are stressful, but as I said, I feel like I automatically can't sleep knowing that I'd be doing back-to-back from Thursday to Sunday. (Gee the priests do this every day and here I am "complaining")

I'm not trying to make everyone feel the same as me (why would I) but it wouldn't be a bad idea if there was a better way for me to look at all this. I think I got no more than 3 hours sleep (I don't feel like getting into that problem). Not only because of Holy Week because I'm worried/depressed about too many things. Also, any little "dent" can make me unable to sleep - I'm a very sensitive person. ("Dent" meaning an issue of some sort)

jcpartri

Oct 11, 2022
Maine
✟11,455.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
"Father in heaven,
bless Lady Bug with a greater blessing and understanding the the rest she has in Jesus because of the work He did on the cross during this week of the great work You planned from the foundation of the world. May true rest and peace be hers because of Your kindness and lavish grace towards those who are Yours. In Jesus' name. The name You love. Amen."

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think you rebel without a cause but fwiw … follow me here… evidently you keep going and the tempter doesn’t know what to do with you.

Keep going.

It’s darn hard. But run the race dear.

• Useful
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think you rebel without a cause but fwiw … follow me here… evidently you keep going and the tempter doesn’t know what to do with you.

Keep going.

It’s darn hard. But run the race dear.
How do I rebel without a cause? :)
I do not feel like I have to attend every service during Holy Week. Nothing is obligatory except Easter. I’m moving my mom in right now. I could not attend every service.
That's completely understandable. At least someone else besides me feels that they can't do it all during Holy Week.

Upvote 0

Susie~Q

John 3:16 God bless you.
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2011
South Island-New Zealand
✟271,990.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Father in heaven,
bless Lady Bug with a greater blessing and understanding the the rest she has in Jesus because of the work He did on the cross during this week of the great work You planned from the foundation of the world. May true rest and peace be hers because of Your kindness and lavish grace towards those who are Yours. In Jesus' name. The name You love. Amen."
Amen and amen

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our faith is not about following rules, but about developing a loving relationship with God, and His people ...
about growing in closer union with Him.
We do this by loving Him.

And while loving Him involves obeying Him, He does not call us to a legalistic relationship with Him.
The only 'obligation' this week is Easter; all the other events and services are optional, meant to enhance our relationship with Him and others.

But whatever we do, if we do it in love, we are doing it for the best motive.
And our relationship with Him will continue to grow ...

Like @Michie , I too cannot participate in much this Holy Week. My husband is very sick right now on hospice, and needs my care.
But God wants for us to care for one another, our family members, those in our circle of influence.
And so, I think He very much understands those times when we do not, cannot, participate so much in Church services.
Our God is Love, He lovingly understands the situations we are each now dealing with in our lives ...
and promises to help us thru them ...

... He is a Great God. :heart:

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not feel like I have to attend every service during Holy Week. Nothing is obligatory except Easter. I’m moving my mom in right now. I could not attend every service.

Not to go too much off topic, but I gotta say, I'm very happy for your Mom.
I'm getting older; seeing much around me; better understanding the 'journey' of the elderly.
And I have no doubt ... your Mom's life is about to get much better, with this move into your home!

God bless you @Michie . God bless your family this Easter Season.
:cherryblossom:

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Father in heaven,

Amen.
:praying:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
How do I rebel without a cause? :)

That's completely understandable. At least someone else besides me feels that they can't do it all during Holy Week.
You just seem to rebel, but keep on going.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Just hang in there. It's only four days (if we include Thursday night), and it's all over for another year!

That might sound a bit too pragmatic, but sometimes you just have to take a day by day, mass by mass approach.

I'm going to my wife's Baptist Church as well on two occasions, although I won't be at my own Church on Sunday as both services are about the same time.

They have their Good Friday service in the morning whereas the Catholic tradition is 3pm which is about the time Christ died, so those services don't conflict.

I do feel a bit churched out by Sunday afternoon to be honest.

But that's absolutely trivial compared to Christ's suffering.

• Useful
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Is this...good?
You have a spiritual battle.
But ya keep on going, and that's important.
Because I'd say most have this battle, coming into and staying in the Catholic Church.
Just keep running the race.

Better to say no but do it than to say yes and do not.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Praying Rose

Jan 11, 2020
USA
✟49,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We're almost there now! Hope all is well.

I was also very apprehensive about this week. I wasn't able to attend my parish's Holy Week services because they are in another town and the week has been difficult. Although I was able to attend Lutheran services close to me (not receiving), which was a blessing. I'm hoping to make my parish's Easter vigil tonight, despite the distance.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟784,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
We're almost there now! Hope all is well.

I was also very apprehensive about this week. I wasn't able to attend my parish's Holy Week services because they are in another town and the week has been difficult. Although I was able to attend Lutheran services close to me (not receiving), which was a blessing. I'm hoping to make my parish's Easter vigil tonight, despite the distance.
It was hard for me but I managed to make it to Holy Thursday and Good Friday. Both were gorgeous services :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums