I give up: I'd rather go backwards, than forwards (in Evolution)

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it takes a lot of willpower and self-control. I understand.

What are you getting from this? You're not here to even make an attempt to talk about the thread or the OP.

And it is incredibly easy for my to say that Gottservant's posts are nonsense.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What are you getting from this? You're not here to even make an attempt to talk about the thread or the OP.
And it is incredibly easy for my to say that Gottservant's posts are nonsense.

And what I'm suggesting is very hard work. I get it.

And the OP is about self-development, by the way.
So I am on the topic.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
And what I'm suggesting is very hard work. I get it.

And the OP is about self-development, by the way.
So I am on the topic.

Yes, it would be hard to say yes with what Gottservant said, because it is factually insipid and scientifically impossible.

The OP topic is talking about a scientific impossibility. He isn't talking about self-development, he is talking about somehow not biologically evolving and to stay in the current state of evolution he is in or even going backwards. He is talking about a biological and scientific impossibility.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi there,

So I don't know whether to make this long or short, I just want to say that whatever Evolution is, I am not going to chase it. I just don't want to. I would rather be backwards and have faith; than go forwards and "evolve". It's not that I am not capable of intellectual denial of my desire to have faith, its just that "faith" to me, is everything: I cannot simply give up faith, for something that is poorly explained as "an imaginary past, with self-contradictory roots". I have tried, believe me I have tried.

You say "just let a mutation, dictate what you adapt" that to me, makes no sense at all - it is a deception of half measures "you won't loose your stand, you will just begin not to make one" when that is the very thing that God asks us to do: make a stand. That's what it says in the gospels "be able to stand". There is comfort in that, actually, because I realize that fundamentally, no one who believes in Evolution, is able to make a stand themselves - I am not in competition with people, who excel at understanding the word; I am at rest on the foundation that I have understood what Jesus said, that what He said will stand, within me, even if I pass over, to the other side.

So thanks for all the arguments, all the cheap shots - like that I don't understand something that is basically an unconcealed paradox - all the jokes that my attempts to understand Evolution have destroyed my sense of reasoning: I can cope with all that. I can cope with it because my Evolution is better than anything you could force on me, it is a failed Evolution, one that will never be forwards, until that time, when I strengthen it again in Heaven and do not have to come back, to explain myself, and why my Evolution is different to everyone else's. Not that I have tried to leave you with no explanation, but that the only answer to being able to continue to serve the Lord, is to do without the "progress" that Evolution offers (and nothing else, that it might be said Evolution fixed the problem).

I am the Lion, that doesn't want it's teeth; I am the giraffe, that hangs its head in thirst; I am the monkey, that is dissatisfied with more bananas. I am all these things because I cannot be anything other than what I am: a human being, who no longer functions in the realm of reason, because Evolution has called it into doubt. All of nature is with me, in rejection of Evolution, because it cannot follow it in strength, that the Lord may bless. Jesus Himself, hangs His Head in shame, because the Devil is naked and trumpets Evolution in every direction, without any sense, in how it might take an honourable stance on the life of its constituent believers.

It just gets easier from here: the more backward I stay, the less I have to think about Evolution; the less I have to think about Evolution, the more confident I will become, because I don't have to question it; the more confident I become, the more quiet I will be able to stay, having to use the concept of Evolution less, reducing my ambiguity, increasing the chance that I will just do what is normal for something God has created, as He has created me. In the end it will be unmistakeable, I will have made the backward backward, and my focus, the predator coming for my sense, to make me looseningly witless - that I may resist him, and still make the sense needed, to be at peace with God.

It is not too late, to be backwards with me; to defend nature, from becoming a lawless mess.

Evolution is not actually the problem. It the way people present evolution as an unguided process that infuriates Creationists. When Evolution is shown as a change that God had planned from the beginning of time it becomes even more understandable from a Christian perspective. Even more understandable than EVO's are blindly taught it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, it would be hard to say yes with what Gottservant said, because it is factually insipid and scientifically impossible.

The OP topic is talking about a scientific impossibility. He isn't talking about self-development, he is talking about somehow not biologically evolving and to stay in the current state of evolution he is in or even going backwards. He is talking about a biological and scientific impossibility.
But his own journey. Not one he even is suggesting others follow. And he's right. Life is scientifically impossible. It's so complex that humans will never be able to reproduce it. Anything that can't be duplicated, is impossible. Or at least outside of science.

I often make the statement, of all the "Laws" we have for science, there isn't even one for LIFE. We have not even one rule of law that says life should occur. We have laws and rules and theories for everything else, but none have shown up for why anything would become living.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
But his own journey. Not one he even is suggesting others follow.

But it is impossible to go backwards in evolution, that is what he's talking about. It's even in his first line of the OP that he doesn't want to evolve:
So I don't know whether to make this long or short, I just want to say that whatever Evolution is, I am not going to chase it. I just don't want to. I would rather be backwards and have faith; than go forwards and "evolve".
Do you understand this?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But it is impossible to go backwards in evolution, that is what he's talking about. It's even in his first line of the OP that he doesn't want to evolve: Do you understand this?
He makes no mention of evolution going backward. So you are beating on water with a rock.
This explains your frustration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
He makes no mention of evolution going backward. So you are beating on water with a rock.
This explains your frustration.

Except that he does say it in the second paragraph of the OP:
I can cope with it because my Evolution is better than anything you could force on me, it is a failed Evolution, one that will never be forwards

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
But his own journey. Not one he even is suggesting others follow. And he's right. Life is scientifically impossible. It's so complex that humans will never be able to reproduce it. Anything that can't be duplicated, is impossible. Or at least outside of science.

Nonsense. Humans reproduce life all the time. Knowledge of the process required is rather limited even for those who are sucessful. (By board rules, I am prohibited from discussing the details due to their "vulgarity".)

• Haha
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except that he does say it in the second paragraph of the OP:
There is no mention of evolution going backward. Even the idea is not there.
So you seem to be beating your head with a brick, rather than your preferred method of teaching, beating his.

Gottservant said:
I can cope with it because my Evolution is better than anything you could force on me, it is a failed Evolution, one that will never be forwards

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,850.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
There is no mention of evolution going backward. Even the idea is not there.
So you seem to be beating your head with a brick.

And you just seem to have plopped into this thread with no real idea what Gottservant's position is nor understanding what anyone else has said, but are hellbent on defending him for some reason.

To be honest, at this point, I couldn't care less what you have to say. Gottservant's posts are filled with inane nonsense and that's not going to really change.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And you just seem to have plopped into this thread with no real idea what Gottservant's position is nor understanding what anyone else has said, but are hellbent on defending him for some reason. To be honest, at this point, I couldn't care less what you have to say. Gottservant's posts are filled with inane nonsense and that's not going to really change.
Yes, and how does that answer the OP topic again?

The topic is personal growth and the adoption of ideas.

Upvote 0