I give up: I'd rather go backwards, than forwards (in Evolution)

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Again, you're just showing that you don't know what is meant when the word theory is used to describe a scientific concept.
HINT: it doesn't mean what you think it means. Here's what theory means in science.
You don't know what I know and what I do not know ... and I don't have to provide you with any credentials.
To assert that you don't know what the word "theory" means in scientific context was the most charitable option. If you do know what it means and yet use it wrongly, you are knowingly and deliberately spreading falsehoods.
As I said, the most charitable interpretation...

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To assert that you don't know what the word "theory" means in scientific context was the most charitable option. If you do know what it means and yet use it wrongly, you are knowingly and deliberately spreading falsehoods.
As I said, the most charitable interpretation...

eh .... think what you want ... so will I and others.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
eh .... think what you want ... so will I and others.

They aren't wrong though: you are clearly using the words theory and fact in clearly wrong uses and after even being correct on them, still continue to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They aren't wrong though: you are clearly using the words theory and fact in clearly wrong uses and after even being correct on them, still continue to do so.

Didn't I say ..... science calls it the Theory of Evolution ????? Yes they do. Go degrade them about calling it that .... when they change it to fact of evolution ... let me know.

Go ARGUE with THEM!

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,451.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Didn't I say ..... science calls it the Theory of Evolution ????? Yes they do. Go degrade them about calling it that .... when they change it to fact of evolution ... let me know.

Go ARGUE with THEM!

They call it theory of evolution because it explains the fact of evolution. You are the one who has been complaining about it being called the theory of evolution and not the fact of evolution, not I.

Is this understandable to you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Go ARGUE with THEM!
It is the fact of evolution. The theory of evolution merely is an explanation for that fact. If you don't like the theory of evolution as an explanation for the fact of evolution, what's your explanation?

Upvote 0

Qwertyui0p

Dec 20, 2019
New South Wales
✟41,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

So I don't know whether to make this long or short, I just want to say that whatever Evolution is, I am not going to chase it. I just don't want to. I would rather be backwards and have faith; than go forwards and "evolve". It's not that I am not capable of intellectual denial of my desire to have faith, its just that "faith" to me, is everything: I cannot simply give up faith, for something that is poorly explained as "an imaginary past, with self-contradictory roots). I have tried, believe me I have tried.

You say "just let a mutation, dictate what you adapt" that to me, makes no sense at all - it is a deception of half measures "you won't loose your stand, you will just begin not to make one" when that is the very thing that God asks us to do: make a stand. That's what it says in the gospels "be able to stand". There is comfort in that, actually, because I realize that fundamentally, no one who believes in Evolution, is able to make a stand themselves - I am not in competition with people, who excel at understanding the word; I am at rest on the foundation that I have understood what Jesus said, that what He said will stand, within me, even if I pass over, to the other side.

So thanks for all the arguments, all the cheap shots - like that I don't understand something that is basically an unconcealed paradox - all the jokes that my attempts to understand Evolution have destroyed my sense of reasoning: I can cope with all that. I can cope with it because my Evolution is better than anything you could force on me, it is a failed Evolution, one that will never be forwards, until that time, when I strengthen it again in Heaven and do not have to come back, to explain myself, and why my Evolution is different to everyone else's. Not that I have tried to leave you with no explanation, but that the only answer to being able to continue to serve the Lord, is to do without the "progress" that Evolution offers (and nothing else, that it might be said Evolution fixed the problem).

I am the Lion, that doesn't want it's teeth; I am the giraffe, that hangs its head in thirst; I am the monkey, that is dissatisfied with more bananas. I am all these things because I cannot be anything other than what I am: a human being, who no longer functions in the realm of reason, because Evolution has called it into doubt. All of nature is with me, in rejection of Evolution, because it cannot follow it in strength, that the Lord may bless. Jesus Himself, hangs His Head in shame, because the Devil is naked and trumpets Evolution in every direction, without any sense, in how it might take an honourable stance on the life of its constituent believers.

It just gets easier from here: the more backward I stay, the less I have to think about Evolution; the less I have to think about Evolution, the more confident I will become, because I don't have to question it; the more confident I become, the more quiet I will be able to stay, having to use the concept of Evolution less, reducing my ambiguity, increasing the chance that I will just do what is normal for something God has created, as He has created me. In the end it will be unmistakeable, I will have made the backward backward, and my focus, the predator coming for my sense, to make me looseningly witless - that I may resist him, and still make the sense needed, to be at peace with God.

It is not too late, to be backwards with me; to defend nature, from becoming a lawless mess.
Can you please detail your understanding of evolution?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Bungle_Bear
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I go back to being a monkey, do I go back to being a better monkey? Or do the mutations added since being a monkey make being a monkey again worse?
Kinda like this?

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi there,

So I don't know whether to make this long or short, I just want to say that whatever Evolution is, I am not going to chase it. I just don't want to. I would rather be backwards and have faith; than go forwards and "evolve". It's not that I am not capable of intellectual denial of my desire to have faith, its just that "faith" to me, is everything: I cannot simply give up faith, for something that is poorly explained as "an imaginary past, with self-contradictory roots). I have tried, believe me I have tried.

You say "just let a mutation, dictate what you adapt" that to me, makes no sense at all - it is a deception of half measures "you won't loose your stand, you will just begin not to make one" when that is the very thing that God asks us to do: make a stand. That's what it says in the gospels "be able to stand". There is comfort in that, actually, because I realize that fundamentally, no one who believes in Evolution, is able to make a stand themselves - I am not in competition with people, who excel at understanding the word; I am at rest on the foundation that I have understood what Jesus said, that what He said will stand, within me, even if I pass over, to the other side.

So thanks for all the arguments, all the cheap shots - like that I don't understand something that is basically an unconcealed paradox - all the jokes that my attempts to understand Evolution have destroyed my sense of reasoning: I can cope with all that. I can cope with it because my Evolution is better than anything you could force on me, it is a failed Evolution, one that will never be forwards, until that time, when I strengthen it again in Heaven and do not have to come back, to explain myself, and why my Evolution is different to everyone else's. Not that I have tried to leave you with no explanation, but that the only answer to being able to continue to serve the Lord, is to do without the "progress" that Evolution offers (and nothing else, that it might be said Evolution fixed the problem).

I am the Lion, that doesn't want it's teeth; I am the giraffe, that hangs its head in thirst; I am the monkey, that is dissatisfied with more bananas. I am all these things because I cannot be anything other than what I am: a human being, who no longer functions in the realm of reason, because Evolution has called it into doubt. All of nature is with me, in rejection of Evolution, because it cannot follow it in strength, that the Lord may bless. Jesus Himself, hangs His Head in shame, because the Devil is naked and trumpets Evolution in every direction, without any sense, in how it might take an honourable stance on the life of its constituent believers.

It just gets easier from here: the more backward I stay, the less I have to think about Evolution; the less I have to think about Evolution, the more confident I will become, because I don't have to question it; the more confident I become, the more quiet I will be able to stay, having to use the concept of Evolution less, reducing my ambiguity, increasing the chance that I will just do what is normal for something God has created, as He has created me. In the end it will be unmistakeable, I will have made the backward backward, and my focus, the predator coming for my sense, to make me looseningly witless - that I may resist him, and still make the sense needed, to be at peace with God.

It is not too late, to be backwards with me; to defend nature, from becoming a lawless mess.
This is extremely unnecessary stress. You’re building a prison for yourself.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Intention is the driver of health.
The goal of atomic ionization is to plant the seeds of non-locality rather than delusion. Today, science tells us that the essence of nature is life. You and I are warriors of the dreamscape.

I think you could write for thunderbolts.

• Friendly
Reactions: VirOptimus
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If I go back to being a monkey, do I go back to being a better monkey? Or do the mutations added since being a monkey make being a monkey again worse?

YOU were never a monkey and you never will be. Your distant ancestors were monkeys (or monkey-like). The same applies to me and everyone else on this board.

Reactions: Danieldemol
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't get it: what am I?
You are a human. From you are born human and will die human.
It has been said very often to you (and to others); individuals don't evolve. Populations do evolve, but not individuals.

• Agree
Reactions: Danieldemol
Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I don't get it: what am I?

I am after a monkey, but before being finished as a man?

Do you just swap these things, at random, to suit yourself??
You are primarily your mind. Secondarily you are your body.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
But populations are made up of individuals.

You mean "populations don't necessaily say they are individuals, therefore if their individuality is invoked, I will ignore it"?

Textbook disingenuity, and beside the point, if we all concur that Evolutionists call us monkeys and we still object as a population??

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
The problem is, you are not giving me the incentive, to adopt your point of view?

Offered to look at myself as though a monkey, is not an incentive??

When Creationists offer you to see it from their view, it is offered that your sins be forgiven (and your guilt be remitted)???

Upvote 0