✟7,978.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow, this really shocked me...

Our medicine cabinet hadn't been cleaned in YEARS. I decided to clean it. While cleaning, I found birth control pills. I asked her what this was for, she refused to tell me...

I understand my parents had some trouble with their pregnancy. She told me she REALLY wanted to become pregnant, but she wasn't fully capable. She had told me that I was what they had been trying for. She really wanted to become pregnant.

So, I am having trouble understanding: WHY did she have birth control pills? Has she been lying to me? :(

Please help me, what should i do? I haven't brought up the pills ever since...

RCF

Feb 21, 2013
Decatur, AL
✟7,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't judge too quickly. Birth control pills can be prescribed for a multitude of medical reasons in addition to actual birth control.

Has she been lying to you? I have no idea, but I kind of doubt it. There's a perfectly foggy answer for you. Couples go through a lot during a mariage. They grow, learn, make mistakes, help each other, the list goes on. We don't know what your parents have gone through, and they are not required to tell the kids everything. Some things would be down right inappropriate to share with the kids. (that's by alabamaism for the week)

I am for giving your mom the benifit of the doubt. When and if she feels comfortable talking about this with you, she will. But one thing is for sure. She needs your love. And love doesn't hold a grudge or keep score. (Paul's definition in Corinthians of love) If you love her, use this opertunity to grow closer. Let her see that you support her, whether she lied and you forgive her, or she has had medical problems that were awkward to discuss, and you can show her understanding that she needs and deserves.

RCF

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2013
Behind a screen.
✟7,978.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Don't judge too quickly. Birth control pills can be prescribed for a multitude of medical reasons in addition to actual birth control.

Has she been lying to you? I have no idea, but I kind of doubt it. There's a perfectly foggy answer for you. Couples go through a lot during a mariage. They grow, learn, make mistakes, help each other, the list goes on. We don't know what your parents have gone through, and they are not required to tell the kids everything. Some things would be down right inappropriate to share with the kids. (that's by alabamaism for the week)

I am for giving your mom the benifit of the doubt. When and if she feels comfortable talking about this with you, she will. But one thing is for sure. She needs your love. And love doesn't hold a grudge or keep score. (Paul's definition in Corinthians of love) If you love her, use this opertunity to grow closer. Let her see that you support her, whether she lied and you forgive her, or she has had medical problems that were awkward to discuss, and you can show her understanding that she needs and deserves.

RCF

Thank you for your answer. I was never really upset, just confused and curious. I think that these were prescribed to her for her period. I love her so much for accepting who I am & I would never judge her.

Once again, thank you for your response! :)

Upvote 0