Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean? A person with mental illnesses may not even know what there saying is right or wrong
You said that this person is acting. This means they do not believe what they are saying. I don't see it, these people look pretty possessed by whatever is driving them. Unless, maybe that isn't what you are saying?

Upvote 0

Snake75

Mar 23, 2014
✟8,108.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You said that this person is acting. This means they do not believe what they are saying. I don't see it, these people look pretty possessed by whatever is driving them. Unless, maybe that isn't what you are saying?

Oh your talking about the 2nd video.

How much do you think that pastor makes? Probably more money than most people will make in their life. People can be great actors if money is involved :p

Just look at Hollywood.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh your talking about the 2nd video.

How much do you think that pastor makes? Probably more money than most people will make in their life. People can be great actors if money is involved :p

Just look at Hollywood.
So you have a suspicion based on skepticism. Do you see anything in the video that makes the possessed man appear to be acting?

Upvote 0

Snake75

Mar 23, 2014
✟8,108.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So you have a suspicion based on skepticism. Do you see anything in the video that makes the possessed man appear to be acting?

Its clearly acting. As good as it is you can tell. You should also look at the comment section of the video. Many people agree this is acting.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its clearly acting. As good as it is you can tell. You should also look at the comment section of the video. Many people agree this is acting.
Are you saying that the man is not suffering the delusion that he is the demon he claims to be? This man is consciously pretending to be possessed by a demon? What moment gives it away?

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Found it : 24:54. This guy is thinking how his character would respond, this is not the response of a genuine character. After this he seems to be acting as though he is afraid of some invisible power in the arm, instead of the arm itself being dangerous. I will have to watch the rest later, I only saw the first 15 minutes before going to work this morning.

Upvote 0

Snake75

Mar 23, 2014
✟8,108.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying that the man is not suffering the delusion that he is the demon he claims to be? This man is consciously pretending to be possessed by a demon? What moment gives it away?

He's pretty chatty for a demon. Giving away all his secrets.

In 20:00. He takes off his shirt to do his little hand gestures. What is the purpose of that?

Demons supposedly work "under the radar" not gathering a crowd like this.

I've seen better acting in soap operas.

If you believe in this than you have to be really really gullible. Why should I even have to waste my time explaining how bad this is xD

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's pretty chatty for a demon. Giving away all his secrets.

In 20:00. He takes off his shirt to do his little hand gestures. What is the purpose of that?

Demons supposedly work "under the radar" not gathering a crowd like this.

I've seen better acting in soap operas.
(Outtakes and bloopers)
If you believe in this than you have to be really really gullible. Why should I even have to waste my time explaining how bad this is xD
I'm not saying that at all. I expect a demon to be more clever than this, but what I was not sure of is whether this guy really was possessed or if he was acting. It doesn't make sense that the thing possessing him (whether demon or fantasy) is the demon he claims to be. For one thing, being centuries old would make him more wise than to walk into a church and just stand there while the preacher puts a camera in front of him and asks his parents how it makes them feel.

No, my question is whether these people were faking it, or if their delusion is real. I found a compelling clue at 24:54, I would like to see if anyone might argue that these guys are for real.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
An interesting article, below, Snake 75, and an invaluable site for you to learn who the really smart guys in science are and always have been; to get an education concerning the utter bankruptcy of the materialist's grasp of science, and conversely, the multiple vindications of theism provided by quantum mechanics. ROFL. Going back as far as the nineteen thirties.

It's also, a great site for seeing the grotesquely laughable claims made for evolution thoroughly exposed and duly ridiculed. Not even science. Learn about the 'Cambrian explosion', and so much more.

Biology Students Score Below Religion and Classics Students on Test of Critical Thinking | Uncommon Descent

An item on the so-called, 'missing link':

http://www.uncommondescent.com/inte...-on-when-the-human-race-arose/#comment-496359

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.