Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
As soon as I saw this was from a creationist website I knew it was BS. No one takes them seriously because they like to reword things and remove things so it fits there views. If it were truly impossible scientists wouldn't still be trying to solve it....

It is precisely this kind of dismissive and careless attention to the facts that makes your "position" so weak. You don't engage the statements and prove that they are mistaken. Instead, you hide behind silly remarks like "no one takes them seriously" and "I knew it was BS." This isn't persuasive arguing, it is the thinking of a lemming headed for the cliff.

What do secular scientists say about the fact that the amino acids that were formed were not stereochemically pure? What do they say to the fact that the same electrical charge that helped create the amino acids in the Miller-Urey experiment had to be removed before it also destroyed them? What do they say to the criticism that a glass flask in a lab is no where close to the environment in which they say abiogenesis took place? And so on. What I've seen from secular scientists is a refusal to acknowledge the import of these things to the validity of the claims of abiogenesis that they make. THey show the same sort of blind bias that you do, the same unwillingness to look squarely at these issues and address them.

THe link you posted shows the very thing I'm talking about. In the first two paragraphs we find the following phrases:

"...life almost certainly originated in a series of small steps..."
"Experiments suggest that organic molecules could have been synthesized..."

As these statements admit, none of what they propose is proven and certainly there is no evidence that what these statements declare is even possible. Attempts to show that abiogenesis is possible have all failed. Thus, the ToE requires that the evolutionst accept on blind faith that the "just so" story of abiogenesis did occur.

Selah.

Upvote 0

Snake75

Mar 23, 2014
✟8,108.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
As these statements admit, none of what they propose is proven and certainly there is no evidence that what these statements declare is even possible. Attempts to show that abiogenesis is possible have all failed. Thus, the ToE requires that the evolutionst accept on blind faith that the "just so" story of abiogenesis did occur.

Selah.

It doesnt require any faith. There is mountains of evidence that evolution really happened even the pope believes in evolution xD. We simply do not know exactly what caused the first life to form. But, that does not mean that we have faith in evolution.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It doesnt require any faith. There is mountains of evidence that evolution really happened even the pope believes in evolution xD. We simply do not know exactly what caused the first life to form. But, that does not mean that we have faith in evolution.

You seem to either ignore of be totally ignorant of the fact that many Christians, including those well educated scientifically, accept the findings that suggest some evolutionary or progressive development over time. Not all Christians are six day, a few centuries ago creationists. Where all Christians differ with you is with the statement of one evolutionist: "We are the accidental outcome of an unplanned process." We believe there is a Creator and that no one is no more than some biological development. We give to you more dignity than that.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

Snake75

Mar 23, 2014
✟8,108.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You seem to either ignore of be totally ignorant of the fact that many Christians, including those well educated scientifically, accept the findings that suggest some evolutionary or progressive development over time. Not all Christians are six day, a few centuries ago creationists. Where all Christians differ with you is with the statement of one evolutionist: "We are the accidental outcome of an unplanned process." We believe there is a Creator and that no one is no more than some biological development. We give to you more dignity than that.

John
NZ

I'm talking to aiki. Who seems to ignore that evolution is real. I do know some Christians beleive in evolution (even though that totally takes out the whole idea of adam and Eve)

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It doesnt require any faith.

Yes, it does. And your responses to my posts demonstrate just how much. Almost everything you've asserted shows an enormous amount of faith on your part in a theory that is demonstrably erroneous.

There is mountains of evidence that evolution really happened

No, actually, there isn't. There is evidence to show that natural selection, mutation, and adaptation occur, but there is not one shred of hard evidence to show that these biological mechanisms can cause molecules-to-man evolution. In fact, it has been shown that these mechanisms typically do the very reverse of what the ToE proposes. And where are the necessary millions of transitional fossils that should exist if the ToE is true? And where did the genetic information necessary for life even to begin come from? In light of these glaring problems with the ToE, you really do exercise faith in what the evolutionists tell you about how life came to its present state on this planet. If you're brave enough, try watching

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ&list=TL4TLvcC0L6hbG8pxtojvlsjuA2U2Ov4Dd

We simply do not know exactly what caused the first life to form.

Wait a minute. You were just telling me you knew that life on Earth came to be just as the evolutionists claim. But if, by your own adimission, the beginning of the whole process is unknown to evolutionists, why is it certain that life came to be through abiogenesis as they claim?

But, that does not mean that we have faith in evolution.

Oh, yes, it does!

Selah.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Did you actually look at the video I suggested to you? I looked at some of the video you posted and it was.. sad...and arrogant...and quite unlike Comfort's video in which he speaks directly to experts on the ToE about its assumptions. The young man making the vid is obnoxious, and has a big, personal axe to grind, and is very eager to throw around a great many scientific terms and ideas, but he never does what Comfort does and actually seek out Christian scientists who could challenge his point of view. Ray Comfort, in his video, gave each expert on evolution that he questioned opportunity to prove him wrong. The cocky fellow in the vid you offered did no such thing. It's easy to criticize and appear the winner when one is safe from direct challenge.

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lifetips

Apr 7, 2014
✟7,663.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is based on facts. Scientist say that simple chemical reactions that eventually led to a self-sustaining system involving the formation of more complex molecules. And they have evidence to back up their claims.

Very interesting - scientists say - yes you are right, and that's all they do in regards to abiogenesis, they say. Now for the hard part. Where is this evidence? Please become the first person on the planet to provide evidence for abiogenesis and post it here for us to examine.

Yes. There is no scientific evidence at all for there claims. So naturally that means its unscientific

I really like what you said here because when you realize that there is no evidence for abiogenesis, will you apply this same logic and admit that it is unscientific because there is no supporting evidence? Think it through.

Upvote 0

Snake75

Mar 23, 2014
✟8,108.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Did you actually look at the video I suggested to you? I looked at some of the video you posted and it was.. sad...and arrogant...and quite unlike Comfort's video in which he speaks directly to experts on the ToE about its assumptions. The young man making the vid is obnoxious, and has a big, personal axe to grind, and is very eager to throw around a great many scientific terms and ideas, but he never does what Comfort does and actually seek out Christian scientists who could challenge his point of view. Ray Comfort, in his video, gave each expert on evolution that he questioned opportunity to prove him wrong. The cocky fellow in the vid you offered did no such thing. It's easy to criticize and appear the winner when one is safe from direct challenge.

Selah.

I saw that video a while ago. Matter of fact when I was Catholic I would watch this.
The man debunked everything said it Ray's video.

I am no longer going to be posting on this thread. Im just wasting time talking to closeminded cChristians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I came to try an understand Christianity and I'll admit to debate. Christians confuse me sometimes. Some believed in creationism some in evolution. So do I really understand it. No. But I tried at least.
Thing is that nobody actually knows. We have contending theories, and some people commit to those theories even though there is no evidence to prove one or an other. I don't know what makes someone so passionate to insist that their belief is right, I suppose that depends on each person who does it. There is more to Christianity than evolution vs creation. Were you looking to understand anything else about it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting recording of an exorcism where the pastor has a conversation with the demon.

What's really interesting is that this demon says that the demons are given missions to destroy people and if they fail they have to go back to hell where they are tortured by Satan. She regrets following Satan and leaving Jesus because now she suffers under Satan's rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuer_zvPR0o

I had never heard this before, so I went looking for similar videos and found that they tell the same story. Here is one where a demon possessed man says that he is the demon tasked with torturing other demons in hell when they fail their missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAxGTZNVd80

If these videos were both faked, I find it extraordinary that they would both agree on this unusual and unexpected point.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First one perhaps or it could be mental illness.

Second one is fake. I wonder how much money that "pastor/priest" got for his acting skills.
Which moment causes you to believe that this person was aware that what he was saying is wrong?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.