USA
✟7,771.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
These past 6 months have been bad for me. I guess it started with me getting lazy in my spirituality. I no longer felt that driving force to pray. I would even skip church sometimes. I don't feel that warm fuzzy feeling much anymore in prayer. I still pray everyday, but I just really don't ever feel like it. My conscience does not allow me to miss a day without praying though. When I try to experience God, nothing happens. It's blankness. I have cried up to God because I feel so distant. The past few weeks have gotten worse. I am sinning ALOT more. I struggle with inappropriate content and lust. It feels like I have tripled in the amount I fall into these sins now. I love God with everything in me. He is before everything. But I feel like he has abandoned me, and I have abandoned him. :( I really need advice. I need help. Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone know a way out?

• Prayers
Reactions: usexpat97

bottledwater

Under Construction
Mar 1, 2015
✟1,505.00
Faith
Christian
These past 6 months have been bad for me. I guess it started with me getting lazy in my spirituality. I no longer felt that driving force to pray. I would even skip church sometimes. I don't feel that warm fuzzy feeling much anymore in prayer. I still pray everyday, but I just really don't ever feel like it. My conscience does not allow me to miss a day without praying though. When I try to experience God, nothing happens. It's blankness. I have cried up to God because I feel so distant. The past few weeks have gotten worse. I am sinning ALOT more. I struggle with inappropriate content and lust. It feels like I have tripled in the amount I fall into these sins now. I love God with everything in me. He is before everything. But I feel like he has abandoned me, and I have abandoned him. :( I really need advice. I need help. Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone know a way out?

You could do something really off the wall, and just stop it.
I mean, you have a choice.
You need to turn back to God, and make a choice of how you wanna live your life, and then stick with your decision.
Nobody ever said it was going to be easy, and you may even stumble. But, get back up each time and start fresh. The Lord isn't going anywhere. He chose you and He knew that you would stumble. Evidently He thinks you are worth it. Take comfort in that.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear whoisdiss? Jesus gives good advice in Matthew 22: 35-40: " The first
and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself."
In verse 40, we find this great truth: " On these two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God is Love and God wants loving sons and daughters. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told: " Ask and you shall receive," here we ask God for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour. ( neighbour is all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends) God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us.
Keep asking and receiving, then thank God and share all love and joy with our neighbour. We might stumble and forget some times, but then we ask God to forgive us, and carry on loving and caring. A Christian`s weapon is love, with love we overcome all enmity and wrong behaviour.
The Bible tells us to " Repent and to be Born Again," to give up our selfish wishes and wants, start loving and being kind and friendly. The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY. Satan runs away from all love and compassion, and you will find that God is with you all the time, you will gradually change into the man which God wants you to be. I say this with love, whoisdiss. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For what it's worth ...

This is normal, and sin relative.

The way out is the same as the way in, it is to rule over your soul.

You are in him, so you abandoning God or God abandoning you are deceptions of soul based on an image outside of you, which also the trying to re-experience what you think (soul) you have lost is, but every wandering has it's purpose.

The well is in you and springs up to a knowing of your Father who teaches you where you have come from and where you are going, to the intent that you understand where you are.

When God said thou shalt not eat, he was speaking of reasoning based on an image outside of you (knowledge no more grows on a tree then money does), so what these things depict is the truth of the process of reasoning in us.

When Jesus said Take no thought, not even for your life, he was just saying in another form pick up your cross, or thou shalt not eat, or from the law (in picture), keep the feast of Passover.

When we sweep our house/soul clean (of thought/born again, etc.) but yet don't fill it, it remains a house with a need to be filled, and the nature of our soul is to make it happen (consider Sarah and a son) using thoughts, images (which are like seeds to a garden/soul) from without to do this by.

It's a process, and God is not your adversary.

Thinking is addictive, and thought the separation of self.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
When I try to experience God, nothing happens. It's blankness. I have cried up to God because I feel so distant. .... I love God with everything in me. He is before everything. But I feel like he has abandoned me, and I have abandoned him. :( I really need advice. I need help. Has anyone experienced this, and does anyone know a way out?
Is he before the sin that has come back three times worse?

This is a time when you can develop your faith, believing even when you don't "feel" him, knowing he is there based on the promise that God is not a liar and he said he would never leave you and never forsake you. You don't have to feel him to know he is there....the proof is not in the feeling. The Bible says that the heart is deceitful above all else, so you know you can't trust the heart alone. God keeps his promises. In the same way, you should keep yours to him. Just because you don't feel the warm fuzzies of new faith, does not mean you have been abandoned and are then free to go on sinning like before - or worse. Keep your promise to God because he is God....not because you trade in your sin for warm fuzzies because that is not going to happen.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus would never put his supernatural mind in neutral if we Christians have accepted him in our hearts as our spiritual partner for life, because he knows that demonic forces that occur internally, such as disease, depression and anxiety, and non-Christian religious belief preferences such as atheism and Muslim; and externally, such as crime, terrorism, government/ business greed and corruption, inappropriate content and sexual crimes:.
Jesus is our crisis super-fighter who receives every negative thought, issue, circumstances, feelings as we imperfect Christians embrace Jesus with supernatural faith so bonded together like super glue, it would be difficult for Satan to separate us if our faith is so strongly focused on Jesus every second, every moment of our private or busy lives:.
Jesus has expertise on supernatural healing, and even though not everyone would receive their miraculous healing at present, as in Pastor Benny Hinn's world crusades that are shown on national TV, there will be a future when Jesus will return in his Second Coming, not only to reveal his perfect healthy and youthful physical body, but also our perfect genius-intelligent minds and measure-perfect bodies of Christ, where every cell in our then new minds and bodies of Christ would be under supernatural control/subjection that it is impossible to be sick, grow old, suffer depression and anxiety,
not even sexual hunger/feelings would even come around because of the overflowing abundance of Christ's peace and joy to a point where the traditional heterosexual marriage, especially homosexual marriage, would not be recognized during Christ's reign on Earth, once we become spiritually married with Jesus as new brothers and sisters of Christ, each individual with own pest-free construction-safe free-for-all home accommodation inside the kingdom of God on a new disaster-free paradise Earth where the weather, sun and moon will be replaced with Jehovah's Light that is neither sunrise nor sunset as it will shine constantly in a windless unpolluted room temperature-like atmosphere around Earth.;'*';.
:liturgy:

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Who,

I'm going to cut to the chase. You're going to have to see inappropriate content for what it is: A commercial system designed to entice and consume you. You need to worry less about your personal lusts and begin worrying a lot more about what the inappropriate content system is doing to you.

Any questions?

That's a start.

2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

missamy018

May 6, 2015
✟15,115.00
Faith
Christian
I think it is vital to remember that knowing and feeling God requires ACTION on our parts. What we have with God is a relationship. Relationships must be 2-sided in order to work effectively. Even when it gets hard, even when it feels like He's far away, we have to keep digging into His word and pushing forward-- seeking him with all our heart, even if our heart doesn't quite feel like it is in it.
You said that you have become lazy. You have to do your part too! I think we fall short in thinking that Jesus is going to save us when we don't allow room in our hearts for Him to do so. Commit yourself to Jesus and everything else falls into place. It's time to get up and do something. Take charge against the Enemy and show him that you KNOW who you belong to. Spend time praying, talking to him, and reading His word. You WILL feel him again. <3

Upvote 0

dakota95

Mar 10, 2019
dearborn heights
✟9,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have felt the same things because I am sick and confused I gave up all my past sins and sometimes feel god is ignoring me I would advise you to say get behind me satan greater is he who is in methen you who are in the world in the name of the lord jesus christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dakota95

Mar 10, 2019
dearborn heights
✟9,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have felt the same things because I am sick and confused I gave up all my past sins and sometimes feel god is ignoring me I would advise you to say get behind me satan greater is he who is in methen you who are in the world in the name of the lord jesus christ
it is satan making you feel that way

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

If God is before everything to you as you say God is, why are you skipping church and investing yourself in inappropriate content? You don't have to answer that here - but it is something for you to reflect on.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Loving God is more than just praying, you can't be addicted to inappropriate content and feel the Spirit in you. God is Holy and He has called us to holiness. Focus on dealing with your inappropriate content addiction and invite the Holy Spirit back into your life afterwards

David also felt far away from God at some point in his life, he repented and said this prayer

"Cast me not away from your presence Oh Lord and take not thy Holy Spirit from me, restore unto me the joy of my salvation and renew a right Spirit within me"

Upvote 0

Kenyon Ledford

Mar 1, 2019
Parts Unknown
✟15,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is he before the sin that has come back three times worse?

This is a time when you can develop your faith, believing even when you don't "feel" him, knowing he is there based on the promise that God is not a liar and he said he would never leave you and never forsake you. You don't have to feel him to know he is there....the proof is not in the feeling. The Bible says that the heart is deceitful above all else, so you know you can't trust the heart alone. God keeps his promises. In the same way, you should keep yours to him. Just because you don't feel the warm fuzzies of new faith, does not mean you have been abandoned and are then free to go on sinning like before - or worse. Keep your promise to God because he is God....not because you trade in your sin for warm fuzzies because that is not going to happen.

This is very good and is a help to me as well. Sometimes I think,
"Fine, God. You don't care, either do I. Goodbye!" But so far I haven't left.
I was already gone too long before I made it back.

Faith grows when it's challenged. So when yours is challenged that is the time to thank God
for loving you enough to challenge you and grow your faith.

I also heard a pastor say "Show me a Christian who says 'God doesn't speak to me' and I'll show you a Christian with a closed bible at home."

I need all the guns blazing. Bible, podcasts, books, and I'm struggling to make church a regular thing.

This world has too many triggers to send me spiraling down. It's too easy to fail. Too easy to listen to fools. Too easy to be like everybody else in the world who is telling us how dumb the bible is. Too easy to give in, not speak up.

Being a Christian is hard. Like being a good parent. But you're strict with your children so they don't grow up to be...losers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Some times sin is a cycle, we doubt, so we sin. One of our biggest doubts may be that God can provide us with a partner. So we turn to sin instead, like inappropriate content. The bible tells us "delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart". I truly believe there is no one that God can not provide for. As an example I was once met online by a severely disabled woman, many years ago, she was not attractive to the eye, infact maybe the ugliest person you could meet, forgive me for saying that, but she would not know me today, and could not make the connection, I say this only for your benefit. She asked me if she could marry me, I prayed about it to God, and felt he told me "tell her you will marry her". So I chose at that time to marry if they wanted it. This person latter did not want to marry, and the connection was broken off. But what I say by this is you might think you are not able to marry, but God can move on our hearts, he can find some one who will marry you. So try to beat inappropriate content, keep yourself pure for your future spouse.

As for your relationship with God, you need not feel God all the time. I only feel God occasionally, rarely at all. Prayer need not be an experience.

Upvote 0