• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I am so angry and so mad about my mother

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I really really hate her. I am so mad and so angry about my mother.

She never respect me. She doesn't respect me AT ALL !!!

I have to repeat myself so many times, because i never get to finish what i have to say without her interrupting. Meanwhile I have told her many times not to interrupt me while I am talking, and let me finish what I have to say. She never listen.

This is driving me nuts, driving mad.

I am going mad and nuts now, I am having a emotional outbreak and breakdown now, I am enrage, I am screaming now in my room.

The fact that she never respect me drive me nuts.
~~~~~~~
My depression is caused by her.

When I was a kid, i sleep with her on the same bed, not my decision, a kid have no say in the family. I cannot fell asleep, i tried my best not to distrub her. She is angry coz i cannot fell asleep, she stand at the window and threaten me that she will jump down, if I don't fell alseep.

She often talk discourage-ly to me.

Last edited:

cflittlestar

Jun 16, 2007
✟8,373.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you may feel like you hate your mom, but you really dont. i would suggest praying and telling God how you feel. any maybe when you are your mom arent conversating, you should go to her and let her know that it angers you when she interrupts you and doesnt listen to you.

She is always into something and never willing to listen. But people have to listen to her instead.

No, not true, i really really hate her.

Upvote 0

sarahelizabeth

7-18-12
Apr 30, 2011
Chilling with the zombies and penguins
✟27,032.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The only thing you can really do at this point is PRAY about it! thats all you can do and god will take care of the rest!!
you just "dislike"how she makes you feel all the time
but All i can do at this point is PRAY!!

Upvote 0

srjoanna

Mar 5, 2010
✟8,936.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
This must be really hard for you, considering she treats you this way
often. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I actually remember when my mum would do that.. and trying to talk to her
while she was like that, was totally pointless. It would just make me even more angry.

Right now...all I would do is to try and relax if you can and keep posting
here to tell us how you're feeling.

((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))

Upvote 0

knw1991

Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
✟16,539.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
I really really hate her. I am so mad and so angry about my mother.

She never respect me. She doesn't respect me AT ALL !!!

I have to repeat myself so many times, because i never get to finish what i have to say without her interrupting. Meanwhile I have told her many times not to interrupt me while I am talking, and let me finish what I have to say. She never listen.

This is driving me nuts, driving mad.

I am going mad and nuts now, I am having a emotional outbreak and breakdown now, I am enrage, I am screaming now in my room.

The fact that she never respect me drive me nuts.
~~~~~~~
My depression is caused by her.

When I was a kid, i sleep with her on the same bed, not my decision, a kid have no say in the family. I cannot fell asleep, i tried my best not to distrub her. She is angry coz i cannot fell asleep, she stand at the window and threaten me that she will jump down, if I don't fell alseep.

She often talk discourage-ly to me.

wow im sorry you have to go through this, that must really hurt for your mom to treat you that way. pray as other have recommended, God has to work on her and your feelings toward her. i'll be praying for you

Upvote 0

loved33

Dec 27, 2008
✟10,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When one''s feelings are not listened to or are 'repackaged ' for us by someone else - minimized - it really hurts - it causes anger.

You can be sure that you are a healthy person little star, because you are having those exact feelings - very normal.

Sadly not everyone understands these things - in fact most people don't now much.

It must be very hard to have a relationship with you mum where she is always the main voice, the main opinion - it must make you feel 2nd best, not as important.

Truth is though - you are just as important and your feelings and thoughts are just as important as hers.

The only thing you can do in this situation is change how you respond to her.

You can't change anyone else, your mum may never change - but you can change how much power you give her over you , inside.

You can take that power of yours back from her, and stop giving her all that power over you to take your peace and your self worth away from you .

You can decide , inside yourself, what sort of things you will talk to her about and what things you will choose to talk to someone else about.

You can choose to discuss certain things only with a third person present, so that they too can point out any imbalance that happens when you try to talk.

You can learn new ways of dealing with her, that give you a sense of personal power again, and that are respectful to both you and her without making you unsafe.

I don't know if you can take some counseling for this - it might help you to sit with a counselor to discuss ways you can respond to and deal with her, that will give you more of a sense of control again and some boundaries.

So sorry this happened to you - it must have really hurt your heart, I can hear the pain it caused you. Sending ((((((((((((((((((((you a big hug))))))))))))))))))))).

Upvote 0

aflower4God

observant petal
Jan 3, 2007
✟16,330.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When one''s feelings are not listened to or are 'repackaged ' for us by someone else - minimized - it really hurts - it causes anger.

You can be sure that you are a healthy person little star, because you are having those exact feelings - very normal.

Sadly not everyone understands these things - in fact most people don't now much.

It must be very hard to have a relationship with you mum where she is always the main voice, the main opinion - it must make you feel 2nd best, not as important.

Truth is though - you are just as important and your feelings and thoughts are just as important as hers.

The only thing you can do in this situation is change how you respond to her.

You can't change anyone else, your mum may never change - but you can change how much power you give her over you , inside.

You can take that power of yours back from her, and stop giving her all that power over you to take your peace and your self worth away from you .

You can decide , inside yourself, what sort of things you will talk to her about and what things you will choose to talk to someone else about.

You can choose to discuss certain things only with a third person present, so that they too can point out any imbalance that happens when you try to talk.

You can learn new ways of dealing with her, that give you a sense of personal power again, and that are respectful to both you and her without making you unsafe.

I don't know if you can take some counseling for this - it might help you to sit with a counselor to discuss ways you can respond to and deal with her, that will give you more of a sense of control again and some boundaries.

So sorry this happened to you - it must have really hurt your heart, I can hear the pain it caused you. Sending ((((((((((((((((((((you a big hug))))))))))))))))))))).
:thumbsup:Gerat post loved. I am telling you that you should consider becoming a counselor, REALLY the world needs wise people like you!:hug::hug:

Upvote 0

loved33

Dec 27, 2008
✟10,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am honoured you think so petal. I am amazed too. When I hear you say that, it feels like God showing me a milestone saying 'Look how far you have come'. When Jesus found me I was in need of such healing of painful things I had in my own heart. A day at a time getting to know Christ, reading the new testament, learning God's mind on who I was and
seeking to agree with His mind ,rather than hold onto beliefs that had been cobbled together when I wasn't aware of His minds way of thinking.
He taught me in prayer, books, through preaching, films, songs....anything He could use.....to teach me His love and ways - and its still happening, every day.

I once heard a preacher say this,
'every negative experience in your life, merely becomes an avenue for God's healing and His glory to eventually shine - because your 'down', after spending your days with Christ and receiving that healing in Him, will eventually become someone else's 'up', because where there once was only think branches in a deep forest, your experience in Him,will act as a way through for others and you will be able to offer comfort and compassion to others just starting to find their healing path in God .

Indeed the bible says the same in 2 Cor chapter 1 , it says

' for with the comfort we ourselves had received of the Father, we in turn are able then to comfort others'.

God is a real person, He is alive from the dead and had power and healing love He wants to give us. It is possible to know God as a parent , a loving , understanding, gentle, interested , patient, a 'rejoicing over you and your feelings' kind of parent - where people and even our own parents may fail - God never fails. Humans have weaknesses, but God will not hurt you, abandon you or interrupt you - He is Love , He can only do and say things that are loving - He has no darkness in Him at all. He can be trusted not to disrespect your boundaries.

One of the things I love about God is that even though He died for us all, He still invites people to accept His invitation to be His friend and be in His family - He offers choice and allows people to make their own mind up - He doesn't 'expect' things to be on His terms or manipulate anybody - he offers choice .

To offer someone choice and to allow them to make that choice, even if they don't choose you, is truly loving.

Than you petal for your kind encouragement, it has given me the opportunity to reflect and to say

' God , look how far WE have come, look at how after all this time of you loving me and teaching me, look at how you are able to comfort others now through me - how brilliant You are Lord, you have brought me healing in places I never thought would stop hurting when I started with you - and yes Lord ...look at all the wonderful things you have done . You have done them in the daily getting to know You of prayer over the years, through the fellowship I found in other Christians who were able to comfort me through their experiences of You and Your healing power. Thank You Lord , Your love transforms and gives beauty where there was once only ashes.
So gentle, so kind, so honoring , so respectful, so honest, so protective, so happy to know me and all your children - so close and near . You are my Lord and I thank You for saving me , thank you so much for being all You are and that there is still so much of You to know - thank you for teaching me that You are a Person to get to know and to love and feel comfortable with - you are not a rule book, you are a real wonderful Person , Who is present always - ready to love and help. I love you Lord - You are amazing You really are.'

Glory to God !! Thanks (((((petal )))))!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums