Southeast
✟48,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, she's on the ground now. Getting from roof to the ground, though....

It started with me taking off trash. I had come out with several bags and glanced up and saw her on the edge of the roof, acting proud of herself. I made comments like "I see you up there. You're a big cat, up on the roof." I don't think this cat is even half a year old - she showed up with her mother one day and stayed every since - and to her getting on the roof was quite an achievement. She basked in the praise, rolling on the edge watching me - until she saw me carry the trash to my truck.

Now, this cat is a little strange. This cat likes to play in water, even in the winter. She also thinks she wants to ride. Had a battle this week with her getting in the cab of my truck when I leave, sitting on the floorboard of the passenger side and looking up at me like "Let's go." I have to be careful because she's started running after the truck when I leave. Yesterday she figured out that she could slip behind my truck seat from the door, likely hoping I wouldn't notice. So when she sees be heading to the truck, she starts to protest.

I for one was relieved. She was still on the roof when I took out the rest of the trash, and I thought "I can leave without her trying to follow." I assure her than I can get her down if she needed me to.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. I look back from the truck and there she is, trying to get down off the roof. No, not on the shrub that she used to jump onto the roof. At the end of the gutter, where I have a downspout going down the wall, and which is closer to the truck.

Now, usually gutters have the end piece sort of spring clipped onto the gutter itself. This one is no different. As I go to retrieve her, she slips down. Now she'd hanging from the bottom of the end piece. Before I get there, down goes cat and end piece. She runs a short way, shaken but unharmed, but then the downspout falls right on top of her.

Fortunately, gutters and downspouts, at least here, are lightweight aluminum. She immediately streaked off, which let me know she was alright.

Took off the trash, came back and found her inspecting the gutter. She watched me put it back up, then wandered off.

Saw her as I was going back inside. "Now you know why you don't play with gutters," I said. She meowed something in reply. Somehow I don't think she was in agreement.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well, she's on the ground now. Getting from roof to the ground, though....

It started with me taking off trash. I had come out with several bags and glanced up and saw her on the edge of the roof, acting proud of herself. I made comments like "I see you up there. You're a big cat, up on the roof." I don't think this cat is even half a year old - she showed up with her mother one day and stayed every since - and to her getting on the roof was quite an achievement. She basked in the praise, rolling on the edge watching me - until she saw me carry the trash to my truck.

Now, this cat is a little strange. This cat likes to play in water, even in the winter. She also thinks she wants to ride. Had a battle this week with her getting in the cab of my truck when I leave, sitting on the floorboard of the passenger side and looking up at me like "Let's go." I have to be careful because she's started running after the truck when I leave. Yesterday she figured out that she could slip behind my truck seat from the door, likely hoping I wouldn't notice. So when she sees be heading to the truck, she starts to protest.

I for one was relieved. She was still on the roof when I took out the rest of the trash, and I thought "I can leave without her trying to follow." I assure her than I can get her down if she needed me to.

Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. I look back from the truck and there she is, trying to get down off the roof. No, not on the shrub that she used to jump onto the roof. At the end of the gutter, where I have a downspout going down the wall, and which is closer to the truck.

Now, usually gutters have the end piece sort of spring clipped onto the gutter itself. This one is no different. As I go to retrieve her, she slips down. Now she'd hanging from the bottom of the end piece. Before I get there, down goes cat and end piece. She runs a short way, shaken but unharmed, but then the downspout falls right on top of her.

Fortunately, gutters and downspouts, at least here, are lightweight aluminum. She immediately streaked off, which let me know she was alright.

Took off the trash, came back and found her inspecting the gutter. She watched me put it back up, then wandered off.

Saw her as I was going back inside. "Now you know why you don't play with gutters," I said. She meowed something in reply. Somehow I don't think she was in agreement.
I had a cat that climbed a 20 metre tree in my back yard. She was about 4 months old at the time. A friend got his extension ladder, 18 metres long, and managed to get the cat down. I'm not big on ladders as I fell off once and my shoulder is still not quite right. The next day, the cat was up the tree again. So we left it. When It was hungry enough, she came down by herself. We had another cat that liked to get on the roof rack of my friend's panel van. He was an electrician. We went out on a job one day, not realising the cat was there. Fun times. We don't let our cat out at all these days. She does her climbing indoors.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Technically I don't have dogs, but the neighbor's dogs have claimed us as friends. They do mind me when over here, and get along well with cats. Maybe too well. Yesterday, one of the dogs scratched on a post. That's not a joke.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟48,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This one has become aggravating at times. Took me about five minutes to leave for work because she still insists on trying to ride, and now she's figured out I'll stop if I can't see her from the truck, which is really a dangerous stunt. When I leave, she runs behind me a short way. She wants to ride with my wife as well, but after going no more than about 50 feet / 15m, she meows to get out.

I have taken her on short trips of maybe 50 feet / 15m. Despite her instance to ride, that's about all she can stand before she meows to get out.

She may have Maine Coon Cat in her ancestry. Her mother is an average house cat, but this one is huge, heavy, and long haired. She's grown a lot in a month. Sweet cat who likes to be around us.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This one has become aggravating at times. Took me about five minutes to leave for work because she still insists on trying to ride, and now she's figured out I'll stop if I can't see her from the truck, which is really a dangerous stunt. When I leave, she runs behind me a short way. She wants to ride with my wife as well, but after going no more than about 50 feet / 15m, she meows to get out.

I have taken her on short trips of maybe 50 feet / 15m. Despite her instance to ride, that's about all she can stand before she meows to get out.

She may have Maine Coon Cat in her ancestry. Her mother is an average house cat, but this one is huge, heavy, and long haired. She's grown a lot in a month. Sweet cat who likes to be around us.
You are blessed with her ...most of the cats that i feed are not very smart and the. Few that are smart are mischievous and manipulative, lol. The hard time i have is getting out the front door. There are only two l let in and then there are a few that actually dash to get in as soon as i open the door THEN I HAVE TO CHASE Them Around TRYING TO THROW THEM OUT. ITS frustrating trying to get out of your own house:)

Upvote 0