Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Life was tough for almost everybody up till 60 years ago including some aspects of my early days. Lots of illnesses, unsavoury neighbours though we didn't give them a second thought at the time. Had to count every penny - literally.

Wow

Life has changed.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Have faith in God and keep getting to know Who God is as His Word is our daily bread from heaven. Pray for His protection and peace among the storm. :yellowheart:

Thank you very much. God bless

• Friendly
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is serious, for sure. We should take precautions.

But in my 35 years as a firefighter, I found that the most dangerous thing during any emergency is fear and panic. And falsely inflated numbers induce fear and panic.

Yes, I am doing everything I can do to take precautions.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God's judgement is very often just to leave humanity to its own devices. We are more than capable of creating mayhem without God's help. HIV has been traced to apes. It is likely that infection was transmitted to humans by eating an infected animal. If God's food laws had been heeded, the virus would have not infected humans. It then was spread by unacceptable (to God) sexual practises. And the Coronavirus has been traced to bats at a food market. We reap what we sow.

That is what my mom says. My mom follows the diet that the Bible says to follow. Not because she believes that she will go to heaven as a result, but because she believes that it is wisdom.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Summer heat will kill the virus. Summer is coming.

That would be nice if that actually did happen lol

But I did read that temperature isn't going to have any effect on the disease.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Jesse

You do not have to sit in fear waiting for a vaccine or cure. If you are prepared to look beyond conventional medicine that is. Try orthomolecular treatment for covid and find some control over this.

Well, I have to look up Orthomolecular. But thank you very much.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hello Introverted! You may be displaying a bit of obsessiveness which is good at this time but can be debilitating in its extreme form. It is good you are not visiting your mother as she is at risk. It is not so good that you wash your hands to the point of cracking, so wear gloves and cut down. As far as shopping, get things delivered to your home.
If you think you are mentally breaking down, there is help! Read this and call.

https://www.nami.org/getattachment/...-the-Coronavirus/COVID-19-Updated-Guide-1.pdf

I will pray for you. :crossrc:May the Lord give you strength during this time of uncertainty and fear.

Here is scripture for you to meditate on when in fear.

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

Be blessed

That would be so nice if I can get things delivered to my home. But unfortunately they don't have that here in my town. I live in a a very small City. The services here in the city are very limited.

Thank you very much for the link. Thank you very much for taking the time to give me advice.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
God has planned every minute of your life already.

The virus is more contagious than the normal flue. But it is not more deadly. The best case scenario is that you get to see God soon and it might happen any minute of any day. This has always been the case.

Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure.

1 John 3:20
For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.

Hebrews 4:13
And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

Jeremiah 1:5
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

Proverbs 15:3
The eyes of the Lord are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

Isaiah 40:28
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.

1 Chronicles 28:9
“And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a whole heart and with a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and understands every plan and thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will cast you off forever.

Acts 1:24
And they prayed and said, “You, Lord, who know the hearts of all, show which one of these two you have chosen

Matthew 10:30
But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.

That is what I read. I read that the virus is no more dangerous than the flu. But with all the news coverage and everything it seems like it is.

But that is my fear talking. And thank you so much for the versus that you quoted.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I worry that I am not fearful enough. I continued to shop for more food than I need. I risk infection even though I wore gloves. I wore a facemask. A lady called me crazy. There have been three reported cases of the coronavirus in my county.

My governor closed restaurants except for delivery and takeout window. Millions are losing their jobs in the US. The crime rate is expected to spike.

I read a report that 5% of people tested positive for coronavirus in some areas died of it. South Korea has a lower death rate and lower spread of infection, what are they doing right? China has reopened for business. The US is yet setting up mobile testing sites.

Mild cases of the virus lasted two weeks. Severe cases lasted three to six weeks. Hospitals are filling up. Brazil has a plan to turn soccer stadiums into field hospitals.

My dad’s assisted living is locked down. I visited by phone. Many nursing homes have reported cases of the coronavirus and some have died.

There are Psalms about seeking God for refuge, protection and salvation.

I just bought some face mask myself. My attitude is let them call me crazy. I just read that coronavirus can be airborne. I am also putting on sunglasses so it doesn't get into my eyes. But I also read that wearing face masks and all of that won't help stopped the virus if one comes to contact with it. But I'm still going to do it. But I also read that face masks do work. So, I am getting conflicting information.

I am also going to be wearing gloves and then washing my gloves when I get home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Read Psalms 91 - "For He will save you from the trap of the fowler, and from the deadly pestilence"

Pestilence is virus and bacteria.

Thank you so much.

Then put on the whole armor of God.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is what I read. I read that the virus is no more dangerous than the flu. But with all the news coverage and everything it seems like it is.

But that is my fear talking. And thank you so much for the versus that you quoted.

It is more dangerous. Mortality rate for flu is 0.1%, for coronavirus its 4.5%.

But its less dangerous than SARS (10%) or MERS (34%).

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hi Brother.
Sorry to hear of your struggles. I do hope you can learn through this, but by all means you should continue to share your burdens with others. Here is a youtube video you might consider on the subject of joy.
It helped me when I thought I was in crisis mode a couple of years back. It might be a bit strange to some, but the word is true. There are lots of ways to get to victory in Christ, but mainly it will come when you gain personal revelation from God.
On a practical level, if you are self-isolating, and there is no one else touching things around your house, then you do not have to be so careful in washing. Just shower when coming in from anywhere that you might be exposed and leave those clothes in the laundry, and your shoes outside. Groceries and other things I bring in I wash if they go into the fridge, and canned goods and pop, I leave in the car for a couple of days. I wear a mask when I go out and pick places and times where there are no crowds. Some might say I am fearful, but to me this is not my fight at least not at the moment. I work at home and am quite comfortable. With the weather turning, I will shoot hoops and go to a local park that is never crowded.

Yeah, I started showering when I get home from shopping after reading your post.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It is more dangerous. Mortality rate for flu is 0.1%, for coronavirus its 4.5%.

But its less dangerous than SARS (10%) or MERS (34%).

Thank you very much. That is very informative. That is why I need to be very careful

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟687,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As long as we keep a safe distance from people we should be ok.

Christians should not be fearful because,
we have our sights set on heaven.

Regarding the flesh
I'm not afraid of dieing
but, I would prefer not to
be there when it happens.

M-Bob

This is true. I'm sure I will have some peace if I set my mind on heaven.

Upvote 0