✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
note I said "and others".

God spoke to me before this virus stating he was going to "invade them", with a curse, who promoted homosexuality, He spoke this in anger. I recently saw a video where He spoke to Perry Stone telling him this virus was a day of reckoning for their sins of homosexuality and abortion.

Wow

I still don't know how to respond to that. If that is true, which I don't think you're lying, that is something that is really serious.

Lord God have mercy upon me.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The problem I have with these kinds of observations is that they paint God as being fairly inconsistent; he punishes some people (who just happen to be outside the observers favored group, like muslims or homosexuals) while ignoring the sins of others. If homosexuality is an abomination deserving of a disease, what about adultery and greed? Jesus said a lot about greed (and nothing about homosexuality) whereas most professing Christians these days hardly seem to realize greed even exists; the more money you have the better.

In fact, this disease doesn't seem to make any distinction between hetero and homosexual; it's infecting hundreds of thousands around the world. What does appear to be happening as a result, though, is an exposure of just how dependent the world, even professing Christians, have become on money.

I don't fully understand or know myself. But it does scare me.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Stop watching and listening to things that's making you fearful and panic. Plead the Blood of Jesus over yourself, your loved one, your property and your town. Pray for your country. Praying and reading the Word can calm you down. Spend time that way and not watching all the negative news. Its true I feel negative too after I watch the news these days. How quickly the world has changed! Listen to encouraging christian messages on the internet and listen to calming christian music.

But also you need to be practical. The Bible has a whole book on being practical - The Book of Proverbs. So you need to use wisdom. The chinese have found that once one gets infected the mucus solidifies in the lungs which obstructs breathing. If you feel that you are developing a sore throat, gargle warm salty water like 3 times a day. This is done to prevent the mucus from entering the lungs. You should also drink hot water every 20 minutes. Are you indoors or do you have to go out to work? If you are indoors all the time you need not worry that much. Just keep the door handles sanitized and table surfaces cleaned. This virus remains on surfaces for 9 days. If you go out and come in don't sit immediately but wash the clothes that you are wearing in detergent and then have a bath. Eat more fruits and veggies as this increases your zinc level. Garlic is good. Quit smoking.

Me and my children are more prone to respiratory problems than others. We have corona cases in the next stop from my place. I don't have to go out that much so I guess its ok. Just trust in the Lord. Live righteous and holy. In that way even if the Lord calls us back home we will be just fine. God Bless You.

Thank you very much for your advice. I pray for your kids and for your protection.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
3.4% Mortality Rate estimate by the World Health Organization as of March 3
In his opening remarks at the March 3 media briefing on Covid-19, WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus stated:

“Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected.”
REPORTED CASES. Remember, for each one we know about, there are 4 more that go undiagnosed (per health officials). So take the number of known cases, multiply by 5, then divide by the number of deaths. You'll find 3.4% is a highly inflated number.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
REPORTED CASES. Remember, for each one we know about, there are 4 more that go undiagnosed (per health officials). So take the number of known cases, multiply by 5, then divide by the number of deaths. You'll find 3.4% is a highly inflated number.
For some it is like a cold or flu, not serious enough to go to the doctor to get a coronavirus test referral. People went to get tested when they had the cold or flu anyway. When they are sending hospital ships, building temporary hospitals and needing tens of thousands of ventilators, then it is serious. Monroe County, FL in the Florida Keys is closed to non-residents and non-essential travel. Singapore has a $6,000 fine for people standing too close to each other. Severe cases may need 3-6 weeks to recover or die.

Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For some it is like a cold or flu, not serious enough to go to the doctor to get a coronavirus test referral. People went to get tested when they had the cold or flu anyway. When they are sending hospital ships, building temporary hospitals and needing tens of thousands of ventilators, then it is serious. Monroe County, FL in the Florida Keys is closed to non-residents and non-essential travel. Singapore has a $6,000 fine for people standing too close to each other. Severe cases may need 3-6 weeks to recover or die.
This is serious, for sure. We should take precautions.

But in my 35 years as a firefighter, I found that the most dangerous thing during any emergency is fear and panic. And falsely inflated numbers induce fear and panic.

• Winner
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is serious, for sure. We should take precautions.

But in my 35 years as a firefighter, I found that the most dangerous thing during any emergency is fear and panic. And falsely inflated numbers induce fear and panic.
Right. I lost my fear. After nine days self isolation, I went to some stores to stock up. A while later I woke up with mucous in my throat, sweating and feeling overheated. I was fatigued and weak from insomnia and dehydration. I got scared real bad. Within two days it cleared up and I realized it was something like a cold or allergy. I am 60 and retired. I do not want a hospital bill copay for four weeks in the hospital. Four people in my county tested positive. In a city to the south they are supposed to be setting up mobile testing as there is a backlog of presumptive positive cases. On Facebook some reported waiting for test results for days or more than a week. People who have undiagnosed fevers, coughs etc. are not supposed to go back to work unless they get a negative test result.

I may exercise caution and trust God. Some people in my 55+ community have food delivered. The streets are deserted in peak tourist season. No need to get reckless and spread viruses. Fear might be healthy or unhealthy. Panic produced bad results, such as when one sold something too cheap. Fear of falling prevented broken bones.

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So take the number of known cases, multiply by 5, then divide by the number of deaths. You'll find 3.4% is a highly inflated number.

Nah, as per your earlier comments about ruining the economy, what's happening is that politically motivated medical reviews suggest that this virus has already ravaged a significant portion of the population with less to come. The result is an increase of cases as compared to deaths, which will lower the morality rate. To be sure testing around the world (except for a few countries like China and S.Korea) has been abysmal so there definitely are under reported infections, however the same will be true for deaths from corona which, for various technical and political reasons, are not linked to corona.

Really, the bottom line with insisting on a lower mortality rate is to give a false sense of security in claiming the virus isn't that bad and that we can all get back to work; money.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nah, as per your earlier comments about ruining the economy, what's happening is that politically motivated medical reviews suggest that this virus has already ravaged a significant portion of the population with less to come. The result is an increase of cases as compared to deaths, which will lower the morality rate. To be sure testing around the world (except for a few countries like China and S.Korea) has been abysmal so there definitely are under reported infections, however the same will be true for deaths from corona which, for various technical and political reasons, are not linked to corona.

Really, the bottom line with insisting on a lower mortality rate is to give a false sense of security in claiming the virus isn't that bad and that we can all get back to work; money.
Did you read the OP? This guy is looking for help to calm his irrational-level fears. Now, do you want to help him with this, or are you intent on fanning the flames?

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This guy is looking for help to calm his irrational-level fears. Now, do you want to help him with this, or are you intent on fanning the flames?

Well, that's not really a reply to the substance of my post and yes, I do want to help him. The best way to help in a crises is to promote clear, accurate communication. You may think it's helpful to a fearful person to convince them the problem is less than what it is, but I don't think that is helpful, and certainly not when you've already suggested your motivation for doing so is about money (i.e. how this virus is ruining the economy).

God does not give us the spirit of fear, but of a sound mind. A sound mind will not distort information for personal gain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am terrified. All I can think about is this virus that's going around. It is in my town right now and so far two people have found to be positive with this virus. I am afraid to go shopping. I won't even spend time with my family. My mom has invited me to go and spend time with her, and she is a widow. But I won't do it. I won't let anyone touch me. I am obsessed with washing my hands every second of the day. My hands are starting to crack.

I am healthy physically right now. But mentally I think I'm going to have a breakdown. I keep getting news about so many people dying and how the death toll is increasing. I took the trash out and some stuff flew in my face. That freaks me out. I washed my face but I know that if I end up with a virus, washing it won't stop it.

I don't know what advice you can give me. But any encouraging or advice will be helpful. Thank you very much.

You may find these two recent threads I created helpful.

Reading all of the Bible and Believing it (The Parable of the Sower).

My Favorite Comfort Verses and Passages.

Anyways, I hope this helps, and may the Lord Jesus Christ give you the peace you seek.

With loving kindness to you in Christ,

Sincerely,

~ J.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am terrified. All I can think about is this virus that's going around. It is in my town right now and so far two people have found to be positive with this virus. I am afraid to go shopping. I won't even spend time with my family. My mom has invited me to go and spend time with her, and she is a widow. But I won't do it. I won't let anyone touch me. I am obsessed with washing my hands every second of the day. My hands are starting to crack.

I am healthy physically right now. But mentally I think I'm going to have a breakdown. I keep getting news about so many people dying and how the death toll is increasing. I took the trash out and some stuff flew in my face. That freaks me out. I washed my face but I know that if I end up with a virus, washing it won't stop it.

I don't know what advice you can give me. But any encouraging or advice will be helpful. Thank you very much.
Greetings Brother!
Fear is a product of unbelief....put any fearful thought into captivity and put His Word in your mouth and let His Word be your confession.
Psalm 91 is an excellent chapter to read and confess daily and when fear tries to enter your mind read it out loud and remind yourself He puts His angels charge over you to protect you.
Psalm 91 King James Version (KJV)
91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

I pray this encourages you to trust in Him....
And remember His Word is LIFE..
Romans 3:3-4
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

(Don't let the words out of mans mouth be your truth....trust in His Word and His Word alone)

Philippians 4:6-8
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

(take your thoughts and your fears to God and put it in His hands and let His peace enter in your heart and mind).

God Bless

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow

I still don't know how to respond to that. If that is true, which I don't think you're lying, that is something that is really serious.

Lord God have mercy upon me.

It is serious, but we have to recognise that God is still the God of mercy that we have known. The bible tells us that "there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ", if we stick close to God He will surely keep us safe from the virus. But even on the off chance that we contracted the virus, God is still our eternal salvation.

Even though this virus, may well have been released due to God's anger, He may reverse it, we only have to look at Chronicles to see God often relents from disaster.

1Ch 21:14-15 So the LORD sent a horrible disease on Israel, and seventy thousand Israelites died. Then he sent an angel to destroy the city of Jerusalem. But just as the angel was about to do that, the LORD felt sorry for all the suffering he had caused the people, and he told the angel, "Stop! They have suffered enough." This happened at the threshing place that belonged to Araunah the Jebusite.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do not fear this virus, because if you are born again (in Holy Spirit) the virus nor anything else can seperate you from God.

God is in charge of this virus. He is the one who sent the virus as a call for the fallen World to repent. Be glad that the Lord is so merciful He sent the pandemic as a warning before His final judgement. It's a reminder to humanity that they are not in charge but God is. All our efforts yet He sents a tiny microscopic dot to show us we are not in charge of anything.

Do not fear this virus, do not fear wars, natural disasters or any other disease for nothing can separate you from God, not even death.

Jesus said that all these things have to happen before His return. Pandemics as these only mean He is that much closer to His second return :)

Good thing to do in such time and it will help you greatly is to post for 24 hrs. And everytime you are hungry you just pray and worship God and sing songs to Him, this will bring you a great joy and peace.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think we're all a bit freaked out. You're not the only one who is afraid. Fear is helpful when it encourages us to do what we can. Fear has its purpose. But, it also has its limits. If my fear is preventing me from focusing, if it hinders my ability to function, then it is no longer serving its function. If my fear causes me to be irrational, so that my irrationality is going to cause me or others harm, it has to be put to the side.

One way to overcome fear is to become super focused in the moment. I was driving to work early in the morning, not too long ago. An eighteen wheeler came around the corner in my lane. The driver saw me and was trying to get back in the other lane, but the trailer was leaning. He could only cut back so much. I hit the ditch. It all worked out. But once I was past it, then I became afraid. While I was in the moment, all I could do was focus. Well, that focus is always available, we just don't do it.

All we really have is this moment, right now, as you read this. It is tempting to project into the future about what may be. But, that future is never here. All we can do is the best we can, right now, and then trust God for the rest. I hope you find some peace in this madness. I think you can.

This does make a lot of sense. I could be irrational when I am here fearful. But that is true. There is a purpose to fear. Thank you very much

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I think someone else on page one gave some good advice in that we should not be afraid, though it is okay to be concerned. Fearful thinking is more likely to lead us to irrational choices.

I think you've made the right choice not to visit your mother, although even then there are precautions you can take to minimize the risk of exposure if you believe she needs your help (like with jobs around the house, bringing over supplies to help her get through etc).

Some effective practices you can follow to reduce risk is to stop touching your face, wash your hands frequently (not obsessively :) ), refrain from touching surfaces which you do not absolutely need to touch, and always wear a mask outside, keeping as much distance between you and others as you sit or walk (if you don't have a car).

If you do decide to visit your mother, take a couple sets of clean clothes sealed in a plastic bag. As soon as you arrive, find a place (like in the garage or just outside the door) to change into a clean set of clothes, putting the used clothes in a separate plastic bag. Remove your mask by touching the straps rather than the cloth. Disinfect your hands. Then you can go inside knowing that you're probably not going to accidentally infect her.

Very good advice

She may need my help sometime. And if she does, I think I will follow your advice. I think I will use a face mask and even sunglasses. I'm not saying that these will prevent diseases but they will help me not touch my face.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
While it IS true that the death toll is rising keep in mind a couple of thing ( first that according to the numbers several 100 more people have recovered than died ( and those are just the reported cases. Since many people recover without needing medical intervention ( besides over the counter medication there are MANY more recoverities than those several 100 more than deaths. Also remember that it is much more likely that a death will be reported than a recovery. If someone dies and is suspected of having the virus they can actually do a test and confirm the cause of death was the virus. On the other hand, they do not tests people that recovered on their own to confirm that they had it and no longer do.

I am seeing a lot of recovery. That does bring some hope. I am glad so many people are recovering. At the same time, I am saddened that so many people have died. But it's always good news when someone recovers. But is also something that brings hope to.

Upvote 0