Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pinkjess , so many in this thread have given you sound advice and kind words that I believe are sincere.
I will most likely repeat some of them which is a good thing.

First , you need to realize you are not alone.
Many have been and are in similar situations such as yourself.
Biblically I think of Jonah and what he went through as well as Joseph and many others.

Many will say place your trust and faith in God.
And they all will be right in saying so.
God knows every hair on your head.
He knows exactly what you want , but more importantly He knows what you need.

Keep your focus upon God .
Always be drenched in prayer.
God already knows your hearts desires .
He wants you to pray to Him because He wants you to communicate with Him.
Fathers want their children to communicate with them.
Especially your Heavenly Father who laid down His life for you (us) on the Cross of Calvary .

I say this to encourage you.
I have personally been in a similar situation as yourself. I was at the threshold of deaths door, then God intervened.
I love when God intervenes.

Let it be known brothers and sisters in Christ all over this country and abroad are praying for you.

I leave you with this from one of my many favorite hymns. Just part of it. Place it in your heart and sing to The Lord.

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus

O soul ,are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Saviour,
And life more abundant and free.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus ,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

Amen!
All glory be to God now and forever.

• Friendly
Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0

IdontknowhatImdoing

ANGEL of posts - Opinion Respecter
Aug 29, 2018
Ashtabula County
✟17,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
do not give up. on life or on God. Things are hard at the moment.hings look bleak. I know you mentioned your chronic illness that makes it difficult to work. While I do not know the nature of your illness all I can say is that you have made it this far, and that is a testimony to your strength. Put your trust in the Lord, and use that which he has given you to the best of your ability. At times when I feel downtrodden and unable, I remember my grandfather who worked drywall through all his years, even while suffering through the horrors cancer wreaks, until he physically was halted by his illness in the advanced stages. He was 70 something when that happened. You are strong, and with the immeasurable strength of God being added, you can make it through. Utilize the advice of previous commenters and peace be with you.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My heart is wearing weary of being strong and trusting God.

I have fallen so far from grace multiple times and try to kid myself into thinking my relationship with God can ever go back to how it once was. I pray and pray but nothing budges, and if it does it never lasts.

I am dealing with health issues and having trouble getting help and lost my job and have no money and my family is angry and do not understand. Apparently my worth as a person went down the moment I couldn't work anymore. My dad is upset, everyone is upset. Doctors don't care. The world doesn't care. I will most likely end up without health insurance next year (I turn 26 next year so its off my dad's plan I go) and without a stable lot in life. My sister and her family cannot let me stay with them as they have no room. My dad and his wife do not want me to live with them. I am screwed.

I keep trying to trust God and give my situation over to Him but it seems the more I do, the more things get worse. I don't even know when I will get groceries again. I am trying to sell things to earn money. I applied for food stamps and will be interviewed on the phone next week but I doubt I will get approved as I am childless and am not working at the moment. Everything feels so unstable and easily shaken. The ground has been taken out from under my feet.

I feel so alone and insecure and vulnerable. I just want my mom to be alive so she can hold me and tell me everything will be alright. Even if it wont be. I need someone to wrap me up in their arms and tell me we will get through this together, it will be okay. Instead I am out here on the battle field desert all by myself with no shield from the heat and expected to find a way out alone. I don't want to be here anymore almost. It is the most loneliest feeling in the world, to be striped of everything you thought you had goin' on and be misunderstood and left by the people you hoped would support you.

I am all alone. I want to cry.
First just said a prayer that our Gracious God embrace you in His Grace and Peace.

Sometimes we hit rock bottom. And hitting that Rock which is Christ is a good place to be. Cast your burdens upon Him and He won't disappoint.

Upvote 0

Bruce Leiter

A sinner saved by God's astounding grace and love
Jun 16, 2018
West Michigan
Visit site
✟56,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have fallen so far from grace multiple times and try to kid myself into thinking my relationship with God can ever go back to how it once was. I pray and pray but nothing budges, and if it does it never lasts.

I am dealing with health issues and having trouble getting help and lost my job and have no money and my family is angry and do not understand. Apparently my worth as a person went down the moment I couldn't work anymore. My dad is upset, everyone is upset. Doctors don't care. The world doesn't care. I will most likely end up without health insurance next year (I turn 26 next year so its off my dad's plan I go) and without a stable lot in life. My sister and her family cannot let me stay with them as they have no room. My dad and his wife do not want me to live with them. I am screwed.

I keep trying to trust God and give my situation over to Him but it seems the more I do, the more things get worse. I don't even know when I will get groceries again. I am trying to sell things to earn money. I applied for food stamps and will be interviewed on the phone next week but I doubt I will get approved as I am childless and am not working at the moment. Everything feels so unstable and easily shaken. The ground has been taken out from under my feet.

I feel so alone and insecure and vulnerable. I just want my mom to be alive so she can hold me and tell me everything will be alright. Even if it wont be. I need someone to wrap me up in their arms and tell me we will get through this together, it will be okay. Instead I am out here on the battle field desert all by myself with no shield from the heat and expected to find a way out alone. I don't want to be here anymore almost. It is the most loneliest feeling in the world, to be striped of everything you thought you had goin' on and be misunderstood and left by the people you hoped would support you.

Who do you think God is? A lot of people conceive of God as a bodyguard who will protect them from all struggles or a boyfriend who will make them emotionally-warm and close. God is neither.

Here are my questions: Do you believe in Jesus Christ as your Rescuer who died and rose again to forgive you? If you do, do you attend a church that preaches Jesus and how you can live more and more for him in the power of his death and resurrection? Also, does that church have small groups where the members discuss God's Word, the Bible, practically?

If you don't yet believe in Jesus, still find a Bible-believing church that preaches and teaches about him. You need not to feel lonely anymore. God gathers his believers in churches.

One other thought: You say that you "want to cry." Go ahead and cry. I'm a he-man Christian who learned to cry out losses. God can use persistent prayers to God with genuine tears to give us his peace.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Take heart my friend, the Lord is with you, as He has been all the days of your lives. He is your assurance every morning, your defender in the night. This uncertain road that lies ahead, your faithful God has always gone before you, and He will lead the way once again. He never promised an easy ride, but He promised a safe arrival. It okay to fall upon your knees, and cry out to your maker. God promised that He is near to the broken-hearted, so I believe He must be very near to you more than you could ever know.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry for your situation. I have gone through everything you have described and maybe more in some areas. It is very disheartening to feel alone and rejected.

My practical advice is that you contact some of the local temp agencies and see whether you can earn a short-term income. My experience with them is that they are always looking for a sincere worker. Check to see whether there is a local food bank or ministry that can provide you some food. I found one that helped me. I have also lived on ramen noodles and peanut butter.

For comfort I would recommend researching some of the OT saints who were in dire straights yet were still able to be used of God. For that hug I would recommend that nice cat you have in your arms. I have several that keep me and my wife company, and they do a good job of it.

Be strong in the Lord sister and the power of His grace.

Upvote 0

John 12:25

Aug 14, 2018
Florida
✟5,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m genuinely sorry to hear all this, and I can relate in some ways. That’s too bad about your health and I hope it improves. If you’re going to doctors, ask God to use them to help you, and bless them with the ability to do so.

As for being lonely and having a difficult time getting started out in life, you’re not alone there. There’s a whole generation of young people with similar struggles. Let’s just say this isn’t the same society your granddaddy and grandma came up in. Don’t get too down on yourself about it. Besides, any happiness and success in this world is only temporary anyways. It is eternity that matters most.

Joshua 1:9
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Ecclesiastes 7:14
In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: God also hath set the one over against the other, to the end that man should find nothing after him.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I amwith thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Psalms 9:9 - 9:10
The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

James 1:3 - 1:4
Knowing [this], that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have [her] perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

John 16:33
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Romans 8:18
For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Upvote 0

azzy

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Rock Hill SC
✟49,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

God is with you every single day and night, even if you dont see him. Your suffering has a purpose, and God is able day by day to give you the strength you need to endure and overcome your fears and trials. The day will come when you will be ministering to others who have suffered as you have. Christ suffered also, to bring redemption and hope to you and whosoever else will recieve it . So the Lord knows about suffering, and he will give you the daily strength to walk each day and trust him , one day at a time. You have hope in Christ, and a future, and God has a plan for you, though you may not see it. Read your bible every day if you dont already, it is your daily bread for your soul. And whatever you do, refuse to give up hope, have faith in the Lord, you will overcome and look back and worship the Lord and give thanks for the storms and trials you have endured. And when the storm passes, you will come forth as pure Gold,, having trusted that God was both able and willing to give you victory. Life is a battle, our inheritance is not in this world, our home is on high, with Christ, dont give up, please. May the Lord be with you.

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know the feeling unfortunately. I can't say the circumstances were the same, but I learned one thing; specifically from Job. God isn't going to do anything for us, we have to go out and make the effort. It's tough to do that, I know, and saying this doesn't help the feelings go away, but it's ther truth. So many things I've wanted in life and now it's too late for me. But you're young and if you put forth that effort you'll see the reward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Your not alone, you have me and others who love you because you love God and we love God, we are all family and family takes care of each other.

Just ask and you will receive.

I'm praying for you.

I am divorced and alone and work long hours each day, every day and think, I would rather be homeless because at least my body could get some rest. But then there are times when I'm glade our lord blessed me with this great opportunity.

Just be you who God created to be and be true to God and He will fix your life for you.

What kind of good father turns you away in a time of need?

In a real family you are never ever alone, or struggling or in need.

Any one who is giving to any charity should stop right now and give to you and others who are part of the family, all funds that go the kingdom will be crowns to you in Gods kingdom.

Upvote 0

Kelvin Owens

Aug 9, 2018
Tracy
✟10,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without Faith it is impossible to please God. Faith without works is dead. The enemy wants you to focus on what you don't have and not what has been given to you. Do not be moved by your circumstances of the moment but hold steadfast on the rock of your salvation which is in Christ Jesus. If God be for you surely no one can be against you. First seek the Kingdom of God and everything shall be added unto you. Praise God in the mist of your situation and watch Him move on your behalf. The assignment of Judah is to give Him praise. As you praise Him, enemies will fall. In Jesus Name Amen.

Upvote 0

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's easier when you remember that Jesus did not get to live the life he wanted. He was sent for a purpose and humbled himself to that purpose, obedient in every way, regardless of the cost of that obedience, and that is one of the reasons God said, "No," when Jesus asked to take the cup from him. It remains that, "To live is Christ and to die is gain," or that the scriptures are true when it says, "Consider it pure joy." "For the joy set before him, he endured the cross." The truth is that in this you have been given one step up after another, for as the increase of your sorrow, so also will the increase of your glory be, and the way you set this life aside will lead others to escape the death of this decaying world and to lay hold of the life that is truly life. We will all face death, with little or much, with friends or alone, but if it is for Christ we die, then it is not death, but life that we have reached. For, "God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all;" your faithfulness and obedience in these things will always matter and be richly rewarded. Steel yourself, then, and rejoice that you have been counted worthy to suffer for Christ, "because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions." But more than this, is love, as Paul relates, "I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things." <3

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I feel for you ,and I'll be praying for you ,but since I was thinking about this yesterday after hearing on TV in France that in the richest country in the world
there is no basic free health service ,something which is normal in most civilised
countries of the world .
Such hypocrisy with so many professing christians ,and having to live in such a place . I hope and pray that God will support you as you find a solution .

God allows us to fall on bad times as part of our growth in Him to learn what He has in mind for you .Perhaps you will or could even now get involved with those even less fortunate than you ,and make friends with people involved in charities or work with the homeless .
:hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: pinkjess
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,549.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I have some questions:
Are your born again?
Are you a new creation in Christ?
Is your life hid with God in Christ?
Are you a child of God?
Is Jesus your Brother?
Are you seated with Christ at the right hand of God?
Are you accepted in the beloved?
Do you have all authority over Satan?
Are you able to come boldly to God's throne of Grace to find mercy and grace to help you in your time of need?
Is Jesus your strength and shield?
Is Jesus closer to you than a brother?
Is your fellowship with the Father and His Son Jesus Christ?
Does God supply all your need according to His riches in glory?
Have you been blessed with every spiritual blessing in high places?

If you can answer yes to all these questions, then whats wrong?

Upvote 0

wayfarersoul1978

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2014
Northern Eastern
Visit site
✟56,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
YOU ARE NOT ALONE GOD IS HERE.

Jessica I want you think about time. Do you have roof over your head? Food in your belly ? Clothes on your back. You hav access to bterestnet, most do not. Yes life can suck and you can take hit after a hit. But you keep in truck8ng, I know it not easy. I have two degrees and have no job. I live with my mother and two brothers. I have no friends or even really a life. Yet, I keep hope alive, I know it always be worst. We could been born in Nazi germany and either born a Jew or Yahuew witness or homosexual or gray. They all were gas and remove from the fatherland. Yet you are here and you have a purpose. I believe in you. Get up and keep on trucking. Remember Adonai Yeshua came down and died for our sins. He died for you. Not subtle hair in your head is not count. You dna was develope by his divine hands. You have a father and he is awsone God. Believe in him because he believes in you.

Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The problem is, my health has made it hard to work. That was why i lost my job. And doctors aren't helping me find what it is. I already have two chronic illnesses. That's why im in a hard place
:crosseo:

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello pinkjess
hug.gif
. I have been there a couple of times in life, a hard place of despair and I just couldn't see the way ahead. But even a couple of years down the line, with hindsight it was amazing how things changed.

Just a couple of encouragements. God works all things to the good, you might not see the good now but one day you will. And God can open doors you could never even imagine of. Unexpected doors and opportunities. So, stand firm in the Lord. God Bless
wave.gif

Upvote 0