pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My heart is wearing weary of being strong and trusting God.

I have fallen so far from grace multiple times and try to kid myself into thinking my relationship with God can ever go back to how it once was. I pray and pray but nothing budges, and if it does it never lasts.

I am dealing with health issues and having trouble getting help and lost my job and have no money and my family is angry and do not understand. Apparently my worth as a person went down the moment I couldn't work anymore. My dad is upset, everyone is upset. Doctors don't care. The world doesn't care. I will most likely end up without health insurance next year (I turn 26 next year so its off my dad's plan I go) and without a stable lot in life. My sister and her family cannot let me stay with them as they have no room. My dad and his wife do not want me to live with them. I am screwed.

I keep trying to trust God and give my situation over to Him but it seems the more I do, the more things get worse. I don't even know when I will get groceries again. I am trying to sell things to earn money. I applied for food stamps and will be interviewed on the phone next week but I doubt I will get approved as I am childless and am not working at the moment. Everything feels so unstable and easily shaken. The ground has been taken out from under my feet.

I feel so alone and insecure and vulnerable. I just want my mom to be alive so she can hold me and tell me everything will be alright. Even if it wont be. I need someone to wrap me up in their arms and tell me we will get through this together, it will be okay. Instead I am out here on the battle field desert all by myself with no shield from the heat and expected to find a way out alone. I don't want to be here anymore almost. It is the most loneliest feeling in the world, to be striped of everything you thought you had goin' on and be misunderstood and left by the people you hoped would support you.

I am all alone. I want to cry.

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. :hug::hug:

I think a lot of us have been this way in our lives. Just a few years ago, I was so depressed. I lived in a ghetto in Flint, MI, had no money, no job, and was injured, so I couldn't work much anyway. My dad passed away, so I didn't have a place to go. I relied on the charity of others just to eat some days.

I'm 34 and just got my life in order. I'm making great money, moved out of that place, and was able to get things going. I lost 200 pounds and life is great.

I'm not saying any of this to say, "Ha! My life is great and yours sucks!" No, my only point is this is just a phase. God DOES have plans for you, but right now you have to learn some things. I'm not sure what those things are, but it's very important.

The only thing you can do is keep pushing on. Push forward. Find decent work. I rode my bike to the library every day to use the free internet. Then I was able to afford my own. It took time, but I took step after step, never gave up, and improved my life. No one is going to fix your situation for you. God will help, but maybe He wants to see what you have.

Chase after something you're passionate about. Start your own business. Make sure you're in church regularly. Be around friends. Meet some new people to get close to. Learn from others and avoid their mistakes. Work two jobs if you have to until you get there.

This is just some advice, and I hope none of it was harsh.

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. PM me any time. I'll certainly be praying!

Upvote 0

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
T
I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. :hug::hug:

I think a lot of us have been this way in our lives. Just a few years ago, I was so depressed. I lived in a ghetto in Flint, MI, had no money, no job, and was injured, so I couldn't work much anyway. My dad passed away, so I didn't have a place to go. I relied on the charity of others just to eat some days.

I'm 34 and just got my life in order. I'm making great money, moved out of that place, and was able to get things going. I lost 200 pounds and life is great.

I'm not saying any of this to say, "Ha! My life is great and yours sucks!" No, my only point is this is just a phase. God DOES have plans for you, but right now you have to learn some things. I'm not sure what those things are, but it's very important.

The only thing you can do is keep pushing on. Push forward. Find decent work. I rode my bike to the library every day to use the free internet. Then I was able to afford my own. It took time, but I took step after step, never gave up, and improved my life. No one is going to fix your situation for you. God will help, but maybe He wants to see what you have.

Chase after something you're passionate about. Start your own business. Make sure you're in church regularly. Be around friends. Meet some new people to get close to. Learn from others and avoid their mistakes. Work two jobs if you have to until you get there.

This is just some advice, and I hope none of it was harsh.

I'm always here if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. PM me any time. I'll certainly be praying!
Thank you.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have fallen so far from grace multiple times and try to kid myself into thinking my relationship with God can ever go back to how it once was. I pray and pray but nothing budges, and if it does it never lasts.

I am dealing with health issues and having trouble getting help and lost my job and have no money and my family is angry and do not understand. Apparently my worth as a person went down the moment I couldn't work anymore. My dad is upset, everyone is upset. Doctors don't care. The world doesn't care. I will most likely end up without health insurance next year (I turn 26 next year so its off my dad's plan I go) and without a stable lot in life. My sister and her family cannot let me stay with them as they have no room. My dad and his wife do not want me to live with them. I am screwed.

I keep trying to trust God and give my situation over to Him but it seems the more I do, the more things get worse. I don't even know when I will get groceries again. I am trying to sell things to earn money. I applied for food stamps and will be interviewed on the phone next week but I doubt I will get approved as I am childless and am not working at the moment. Everything feels so unstable and easily shaken. The ground has been taken out from under my feet.

I feel so alone and insecure and vulnerable. I just want my mom to be alive so she can hold me and tell me everything will be alright. Even if it wont be. I need someone to wrap me up in their arms and tell me we will get through this together, it will be okay. Instead I am out here on the battle field desert all by myself with no shield from the heat and expected to find a way out alone. I don't want to be here anymore almost. It is the most loneliest feeling in the world, to be striped of everything you thought you had goin' on and be misunderstood and left by the people you hoped would support you.

You might look for soup kitchens, food pantries and programs for the poor. Some homeless people used to forage for discarded food in dumpsters. These days many dumpsters are locked or have compactors on them. If there are no jobs in one town, there are jobs in another town. Temporary agencies are a good place to look for work. I read there is a shortage of home health care workers.
Indeed.com lists jobs from numerous sources.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
"But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."
--The One who had nowhere to lay His head, but now sits at His Father's right hand in glory

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I know your feelings sister. You are definitely not alone. It is horrible when your life is turned upside down. I am suffering myself.

Look, concentrate on God. Don't give up on God. Offer up your suffering to Him. God Will Guide you. Trust in God however bad it gets.

You are carrying a heavy cross. Jesus is helping you carry that cross.

Be strong. Trust in God to help you find your way.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have a relative who is childless and gets food stamps. At least try.

Remember, too, that it's usually darkest before the dawn. See if you can find a job answering phone calls or making phone calls or stuffing envelopes.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

So sorry I could cry for you, can relate more than you'll know, praying for the providence of God to your current situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry you feel this way... I felt that way for years. Look at the blessings you do have. At least your family talks to you somewhat. You're only 26 and you already know God. Things could be a whole lot worse. I like what that guy said saying he was 34 and just getting his life together. I just turned 30 and still don't have my life together, or my spiritual life together. All through my twenties I was homelesshomeless on and off and struggling very bad. I just got health insurance for the first time since I was a teenager.

Study the Bible, make sure you stay in prayer constantly. I listen to the audio Bible every day. Stay in touch with other Christians and keep talking about God. Read the Psalms, they are very emotional and are full of God's people that went through horrible times in life. Also, worship music always helps me.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

You aren't alone, as you can see there are others you will probably never meet in person who care about you and are praying for you. Sometimes it takes us to hit bottom before we can rise up.

Besides praying for your situation I'd like to offer some advise.

In you OP you mentioned many 'curses', the bad things that have happened to you.

Now I want you to flip that and make a post about your blessings. I'm sure there are many of them that you never thought of but think about it now.

There was a little song I remember from Sunday School that goes something like this, lately it's been in my head, maybe just for you.

Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God has done;
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your many blessings, see what God has done.

You can even sing along with piano or guitar here where all the lyrics are.

Upvote 0

continueinfaith

Jan 1, 2016
USA
✟10,959.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could offer better advice than simply, Hang in there. But please hang in there. I just about hit rock bottom myself after my mother passed away. I had been her caregiver for many years, but her last three it became full-time and unpaid. I had no choice but to quit my job to take care of her and could find no help and little sympathy. After she passed I had to move in with family who didn't really want me there, but I had no money. It took a while but I eventually got a job and got my life back on track, more or less. I could be doing better but I also could be doing much, much worse so I can't complain.

One possibility I might suggest to you for some income is donating plasma, if there is a center in your area. However, you mentioned health issues so depending on what kind, that may well disqualify you. That was the only income I had while caring for my mother, and it kept me in groceries. If you can get some sort of income try looking for a room to rent to help save costs.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi i don't have any advice but i know what it feels like to be alone and have no one understand you...just give your burdens, you dont need to do the walking right now at the moment just let Jesus carry you..i dont know..try to rest in his heart. you look so cute and sweet in your photo..

• Friendly
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

John Bowen

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Go into your heart ask out loud Jesus Christ to help you to take the first step what to do.The first thing that comes to your mind do it don't question it or say it's impossible.A tire standing still is easy to knock over once it gets rolling very hard to knock over get rolling.Remember the kingdom of God is within you and we are never separated from God's abundance only in our minds.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

25At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

27“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

This is from chapter 11 , but you should do as He says, learning from Him, so here is a link --
https://biblehub.com/niv/matthew/3.htm

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Try the Salvation Army as they may be able to help you. Praying for you.

Salvation Army has helped many I know put their life's back together and they are doing good today.

I believe one of their programs is a 1-year live in free program.

Food shelter and readiness for a job.

M-Bob

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0