aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've posted on here many times regarding a variation of the same problem and I will not repeat it. The fact is right now I am in a state of confusion. I've been separated from God for 14, soon to be about 15 years. I have sought to return and have heard mixed messages from sources claiming to be from God. I don't know if I'm saved. I don't know what to do to restore my relationship with God whether to repent manually or have faith (I tried both and both do nothing). I don't know what Christianity is anymore whether the Calvinists are right about salvation, or the baptists, or what other pointless denomination has it right. God is silent and the Bible is useless on the matter; it says nothing about what I'm going through. Of course this could all be solved if God were to just talk to me and tell me what to do and believe but he appears not to want to do that. God has left me here in my own confusion, bitterness, and filth and does nothing for my benefit either way.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've posted on here many times regarding a variation of the same problem and I will not repeat it. The fact is right now I am in a state of confusion. I've been separated from God for 14, soon to be about 15 years. I have sought to return and have heard mixed messages from sources claiming to be from God. I don't know if I'm saved. I don't know what to do to restore my relationship with God whether to repent manually or have faith (I tried both and both do nothing). I don't know what Christianity is anymore whether the Calvinists are right about salvation, or the baptists, or what other pointless denomination has it right. God is silent and the Bible is useless on the matter; it says nothing about what I'm going through. Of course this could all be solved if God were to just talk to me and tell me what to do and believe but he appears not to want to do that. God has left me here in my own confusion, bitterness, and filth and does nothing for my benefit either way.
Best advice? Pray, read His Word and fellowship with other believers. All of the above is within your power and faculties.

Praying for you!

Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Best advice? Pray, read His Word and fellowship with other believers. All of the above is within your power and faculties.

Praying for you!
Why in the name of God do you not think that this is the absolute first thing I tried? When I pray I get nothing, when I read his word it doesn't say anything useful, and fellowship with other believers? I get nothing out of that.

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
if God were to just talk to me and tell me what to do
Matt 7:7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Romans 3:11 there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away; they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.…

To seek God is not the same as seeking fish in the sea.
People seek educational degree and they learn for years at universities.
To seek God we need years of humility and meekness with forgiving hearts.

Matt 22 14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God loves a heart that repents and He will receive you with open arms because He is a loving Father. I am sure He never left, it is who are not aware of His presence. He will even talk to you about the sins you did while you were away and advise you. I absolutely love His advice, even when it hurts.

Job 33:14-15 says:
For God may speak in one way, or in another, Yet man does not perceive it. In a dream, in a vision of the night,
When deep sleep falls upon men, While slumbering on their beds,

Do you dream? Maybe He is talking to you through dreams.

He still speaks, any church or denomination that states God doesn’t talk to us I’d stay away from it, specially those who say God only talks trhough their leader. I suggest you find a healthy church.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please know that God has not left you.

I'd say this, have you ever in your life asked Jesus for forgiveness and received His salvation? IF SO, then rely upon THAT one time, no matter what you might feel now. Feelings lie to us. God is faithful. If we believe and receive, then it's all in God's hands...and has nothing to do with anything we do or feel. Remind yourself of this, and remind God each time you doubt..that you are trusting Him in His Word that He is faithful and you trust Him! This way you can also rebuke the devil, which we are to do, by telling him also that God saved you and to leave you alone!

God has not left you. Keep reading His Word, as He speaks to us through that. Everything is in there, really.

Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please know that God has not left you.

I'd say this, have you ever in your life asked Jesus for forgiveness and received His salvation? IF SO, then rely upon THAT one time, no matter what you might feel now. Feelings lie to us. God is faithful. If we believe and receive, then it's all in God's hands...and has nothing to do with anything we do or feel. Remind yourself of this, and remind God each time you doubt..that you are trusting Him in His Word that He is faithful and you trust Him! This way you can also rebuke the devil, which we are to do, by telling him also that God saved you and to leave you alone!

God has not left you. Keep reading His Word, as He speaks to us through that. Everything is in there, really.

Was going to just leave this thread behind as another fruitless attempt to gain some word of some kind from God almighty through his children but then I read this. Sir, I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart when I was nine, but at some point I screwed up and things went south. I have a horrible anger against God that you wouldn't believe. I've cursed him out today and for many years with a vitriol I wouldn't give to my own enemies. Are you telling me that I can just trust Gods salvation I received when I was a child and just act like none of that ever happened? If I did that, how would I get rid of the bitterness, anger, and frustration that I have toward God? How do I know I wouldn't relapse into verbally abusing God. There has to be some consequence for what I've done. God is probably enraged at me. How would I know that I am reconciled to God?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why in the name of God do you not think that this is the absolute first thing I tried? When I pray I get nothing, when I read his word it doesn't say anything useful, and fellowship with other believers? I get nothing out of that.
I'm truly sorry to hear this. However your answer is telling.

It's about Him not us. That's the first hurdle we need to realize. Once we do, He will respond and it will be a one way conversation and very uncomfortable. Trust me. Yet the joy He provides in reproving us is the lasting love of a Father for His child.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you truly accepted Jesus as a child (and I'm not doubting you) then you are saved from hell. Perhaps your life hasn't shown it, but just as there is nothing we can do for salvation (no works) there is nothing we can do to lose it... God promises that the Holy Spirit seals us until the day of redemption, that He removes our sin as far as the east is from the west.... when he looks at us it is through Jesus' blood. He doesn't see "us".

Sin is red/scarlet. When we look at anything red with a red filter, we don't see any red. God looks at our red sin through Christ's red blood and does not see our sin!

I suggest you do repent for your way of living and attitude towards God and ask Him for more help...Of course God has been disappointed, but the very fact that you are asking and seeking means the Spirit is urging you to return to His love.

As for your bitterness and anger towards God---are you sure HE deserves this? Many people blame God when it wasn't God who caused bad things (but satan who did so). Sometimes it's simply the world's evil that causes bad things.

God says He wants only good for believers and becomes active in our lives to help us. Perhaps when you pushed Him away is when things really went sour. He gives us free will and will not interfere if we tell Him to leave us alone... but He's still there. Paul, the great apostle that Jesus taught and used so marvelously, talked about that battle with the habits of humanity.... the flesh contains that. Our Spirits are reborn, the habits of flesh take a little longer to change.

Return. Again, return and trust that He is true to His Word...and as you go about doing your best each day/hour, look for His blessings in your life... and thank Him for everything!

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you truly accepted Jesus as a child (and I'm not doubting you) then you are saved from hell. Perhaps your life hasn't shown it, but just as there is nothing we can do for salvation (no works) there is nothing we can do to lose it... God promises that the Holy Spirit seals us until the day of redemption, that He removes our sin as far as the east is from the west.... when he looks at us it is through Jesus' blood. He doesn't see "us".

Sin is red/scarlet. When we look at anything red with a red filter, we don't see any red. God looks at our red sin through Christ's red blood and does not see our sin!

I suggest you do repent for your way of living and attitude towards God and ask Him for more help...Of course God has been disappointed, but the very fact that you are asking and seeking means the Spirit is urging you to return to His love.

As for your bitterness and anger towards God---are you sure HE deserves this? Many people blame God when it wasn't God who caused bad things (but satan who did so). Sometimes it's simply the world's evil that causes bad things.

God says He wants only good for believers and becomes active in our lives to help us. Perhaps when you pushed Him away is when things really went sour. He gives us free will and will not interfere if we tell Him to leave us alone... but He's still there. Paul, the great apostle that Jesus taught and used so marvelously, talked about that battle with the habits of humanity.... the flesh contains that. Our Spirits are reborn, the habits of flesh take a little longer to change.

Return. Again, return and trust that He is true to His Word...and as you go about doing your best each day/hour, look for His blessings in your life... and thank Him for everything!

My bitterness comes mostly these days from his inactivity. I need help and have needed it for about 14 years and what little he has done about it has just left me confused.

Also how to respond to this verse in your belief system?

1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was going to just leave this thread behind as another fruitless attempt to gain some word of some kind from God almighty through his children but then I read this. Sir, I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart when I was nine, but at some point I screwed up and things went south. I have a horrible anger against God that you wouldn't believe. I've cursed him out today and for many years with a vitriol I wouldn't give to my own enemies. Are you telling me that I can just trust Gods salvation I received when I was a child and just act like none of that ever happened? If I did that, how would I get rid of the bitterness, anger, and frustration that I have toward God? How do I know I wouldn't relapse into verbally abusing God. There has to be some consequence for what I've done. God is probably enraged at me. How would I know that I am reconciled to God?

You will be surprised on how forgiving He is.

If you truly repent He will forgive you, and then deal with all that anger and hurt. He is a loving Father. Sometimes the hardest person to forgive us is ourselves.

Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You will be surprised on how forgiving He is.

If you truly repent He will forgive you, and then deal with all that anger and hurt. He is a loving Father.
What is meant by truly repent? What does the truly part mean?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But you are here now. "Here" being where you are reaching out... tired of your straying... desiring the close relationship to God. God is active in your life. You wouldn't be here on your own now, without His urging.

I mean no offense but you simply MUST include in your solution your dis-order. Anytime there is dis-order we cannot expect to make order or sense from anything fully. Chalk it up to some of that? When you doubt, then say that that isn't you, it's the dis-order in your life affecting you and your attitude and feelings...

Again, the very fact that you know you have bitterness towards God but are concerned about it means He is still with you, understanding. "Come now and let us reason together".... IF you were not God's, you wouldn't be here trying to "fix" this.

Surely you are not confused about God and your relationship with Him "only" right? There are other areas of your life perhaps that you are confused about but perhaps not so concerned about fixing? You do not have to reply to that, just think about it.

A word study on that "practice" might be interesting for you too ;)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My bitterness comes mostly these days from his inactivity. I need help and have needed it for about 14 years and what little he has done about it has just left me confused.

1 John 3:9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God’s seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God.
It means we cannot have something bigger in our life than God. Many Christians struggle with this. It means we must truly want Him to remove whatever it is in our lives that we think is bigger than God.

Every Christian must face the "idols" in their lives and instead take up their cross and follow Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Alpha.Omega

Apr 17, 2018
BHill
✟12,308.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

A very serious and important text. If a "Christian" lives a life of sin, which is what John is referring to, then there are two options here. Firstly, the person could have never been "born again" (saved from sin) in the first place. Secondly, the person could be "born again", but has backslided, which is possible to be for many years. the Old Testament accounts of the relation between the Children of Israel and God, is a very good example, as they backslid from the Lord and His ways, many times, and sometimes for many years. In both cases there is real hope for the person...

Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a very good example.

Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 51 - New King James Version

That was a prayer David prayed with a broken heart after being confronted with his sins of adultery with Bathsheba and conspiracy to murder her husband Uriah the Hittite.
So you can't just pray for forgiveness and turn from your sins? You have to have a broken heart? I don't have a broken heart. I'm not about to break down sobbing. Its not out of pride or anything, its just that I don't feel like that. I really feel weary and want to get these 14 years over with so I can return to God and move on with my life. I see being separated from God as a huge inconvenience and am disgusted the current state of things.

Upvote 0

aspie3000

Jul 2, 2016
South Carolina
✟28,935.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A very serious and important text. If a "Christian" lives a life of sin, which is what John is referring to, then there are two options here. Firstly, the person could have never been "born again" (saved from sin) in the first place. Secondly, the person could be "born again", but has backslided, which is possible to be for many years. the Old Testament accounts of the relation between the Children of Israel and God, is a very good example, as they backslid from the Lord and His ways, many times, and sometimes for many years. In both cases there is real hope for the person...

Yes, backsliding. For how many years can someone backslide how can I distinguish between the two conditions you are speaking of?

Upvote 0

Alpha.Omega

Apr 17, 2018
BHill
✟12,308.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would suggest that you prayerfully read the entire Book of Jonah in the OT. This is one of the best examples of the Amazing God of the Holy Bible. How His deep love for the lost and wayward moved Him to send His Servant, the Prophet Jonah to a nation that was very hostile to God's people, and give them the Gospel of Salvation for their souls. You will see the response of all of the people, from the king to the lowest, in their "true repentance" and turning from their wicked and evil ways, and God's forgiveness (chapter 3). Of God's Incredible Compassion for these people, whom even the Prophet himself did not want to see saved, in chapter 4. Yes, there is HOPE for you and I and a world of sinners, a million times over, through our Great God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ!

Gloriam Deo!

Upvote 0