Hypothetical: If Hillary never had an unsecure email server but Trump did, would Trump would be prosecuted?

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,640.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hypothetical:
If Hillary never had an unsecure email server but Trump did, Trump would be prosecuted.

I think the answer is yes because the DOJ is too aggressive when it comes to Trump.
This is a very strange hypothetical.

If Hillary never had an unsecure email server she wouldn't be prosecuted. Obviously, since Hilary never had an unsecure server.​

If Trump did have an unsecure email server he would be prosecuted. Obviously, because Trump has an unsecure email server.​

How does this make the DoJ 'too aggressive' when they prosecute someone who commits a crime and don't prosecute someone who doesn't commit a crime?

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,449.00
Faith
Seeker
If Hillary never had an unsecure email server she wouldn't be prosecuted. Obviously, since Hilary never had an unsecure server.​
Hillary did have an unsecure email server
1686562594358.png

Hillary was not punished, If Trump did it he would be punished.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
My question is what is a secured server? Yes, one can say they have a secure server, but that is usually not the case. The most secure servers have no connection to the outside world, so any server connected to the internet is potentially unsecured from hackers.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hypothetical:
If Hillary never had an unsecure email server but Trump did, would Trump would be prosecuted?

I think the answer is yes because the DOJ is too aggressive when it comes to Trump.
No. Clinton's use of a private email server was "extremely careless," however, there was no evidence that she or her colleagues intended to violate the law. In Trump's case he deliberately and continually lied, avoided, hid and flat out refused to do the right thing, return all documents. No defending this course of action.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that many others in Congress and Washington used unsecured email at times, Trump included.
They just didn't have bloodthirsty attack dogs nipping at their heels for 20 years like Hillary did.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Hypothetical:
If Hillary never had an unsecure email server but Trump did, would Trump would be prosecuted?

You can think DOJ was too aggressive, but that would be patently false. DOJ gave Trump every opportunity to turn over the documents. They along with NARA where trying to do that for a year and half. That same kind of just turn them over and nothing will happen decision was the result of Mike Pence's classified doc situation. In Trump's indictment the partial number of boxes he did turn over were not part of the indictment. So if you want a comparison, the Pence situation would be a whole lot closer.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
There were never any actual classified documents on Hillary's server.

There were documents that carelessly still had classified paragraph markings on them, but those paragraphs were no longer classified. And there was enough information on the server to put together classified information. This certainly wasn't intentional on Clinton's part, but stupidly doing official business on an unclassified server was bound to get classified information on the server.

It wasn't enough to charge her with anything, but it did demonstrate incompetence. She was a hazard to national security.

Trump would, at best, be no better with doing official government business on an unclassified server. I would expect him to be far worse. I still wouldn't expect him to be indicted for it unless he was intentionally putting classified documents on the server.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hypothetical:

His daughter, serving as his senior advisor, used private email for government business even after Clinton was excoriated for it, yet she faced no consequences other than a mild scolding, so no, I do not think Donald would have been prosecuted for that alone.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hypothetical:

As Schumer said ""Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hypothetical:

This made me laugh.. he would be locked up for sure... the pattern must be going crazy on this one.

Upvote 0

Wings like Eagles

Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2013
Arizona
✟215,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hypothetical:

Yes - the corruption under the Biden regime is worse than Obama using the IRS.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Hillary did have an unsecure email server
View attachment 332270

Hillary was not punished, If Trump did it he would be punished.

Here's my return volley;
If Clinton had waved around classified documents in front of people in the same manner as he, would she be prosecuted?

And the answer is a resounding yes.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That's true. I know because of all the evidence that gets presented for an impartial 3rd party to adjudicate upon or that stands rigorous questioning.
not true.

1686620336578.png

Yeah. Obama sure looks super sketchy when compared to any other president of the last 60 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As Schumer said ""Let me tell you: You take on the intelligence community — they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,"
Yeah. Like recordings of you committing the crime and bragging?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hypothetical:
Hillary never had an unsecure email server. The one she used was more secure than the government-provided one, which is why Colin Powell recommended she use her own.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So far there has been no sign of corruption from the Biden administration. Obama never 'used the IRS'.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hypothetical:

Probably not, Trump is mostly in trouble for obstructing justice, not simply inappropriately storing classified material.

His wounds are mostly self inflicted.

If there were a tape of Hillary bragging about stealing classified documents and showing them to people she absolutely would have been charged.

Upvote 0