Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Former US president and 2024 candidate Donald Trump was mocked on social media after he said President Joe Biden is "cognitively impaired" and would lead the country into "World War II" if he were re-elected during a Washington, DC summit on Friday.​
"We have a man who is totally corrupt and the worst president in the history of our country, who is cognitively impaired, in no condition to lead, and is now in charge of dealing with Russia and possible nuclear war," Trump said during the speech, part of the ongoing conservative Pray, Vote, Stand summit. He then said, "We would be in World War II." World War II took place between 1939 and 1945......​
"As you know, crooked Joe Biden and the radical left thugs have weaponized law enforcement to arrest their leading political opponent, and leading by a lot, including Obama — I'll tell you what," Trump said.​
Maybe he doesn't know we had WWII already? And that he did not run against Obama?

But what makes me chuckle is his insistence that we have to show ID to buy bread:

Former President Donald Trump on Friday suggested that people need identification to purchase groceries, repeating a wild claim he’s pushed in the past.​
“You have voter ID to buy a loaf of bread. You have ID to buy a loaf of bread,” he said at a summit of the Concerned Women for America, a conservative group, in Washington, D.C.​
I have never been carded for buying bread.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Person, woman, man, camera. tv proves he is cognitively there, says trump. ^_^

The Obama one was funny. When he makes the mistake like he did by saying Obama, notice how he quickly shifts to some sort of story about Obama as if he had meant to discuss Obama. He does this frequently. He is not a very good speaker....he just regurgitates the same attack stories he has memorized, and talks about himself.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have voter ID to buy a loaf of bread.

How removed from reality must one be to think anyone buys that as if it's true? But, of course, maybe some of his followers do believe it. Perhaps there are Trump supporters who never get carded for bread and yet believe they do since Trump said so. This is no longer outside the realm of possibility, sadly.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How removed from reality must one be to think anyone buys that as if it's true? But, of course, maybe some of his followers do believe it. Perhaps there are Trump supporters who never get carded for bread and yet believe they do since Trump said so. This is no longer outside the realm of possibility, sadly.
If you've ever watched Jordan Klepper or the Good Liars interviewing red hats at Donald rallies, it's disturbing how gullible and easily mislead they are.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Dark Bradon... even time itself must bend to his will...

1695035461733.jpeg

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,380.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Former President Donald Trump on Friday suggested that people need identification to purchase groceries, repeating a wild claim he’s pushed in the past.“You have voter ID to buy a loaf of bread. You have ID to buy a loaf of bread,” he said at a summit of the Concerned Women for America, a conservative group, in Washington, D.C.
"I do not repeat myself. I do not repeat myself."

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
“You have voter ID to buy a loaf of bread. You have ID to buy a loaf of bread,” he said at a summit of the Concerned Women for America, a conservative group, in Washington, D.C.

Given his history of walking in on pageant contestants in the dressing room, the "Concerned Women for America" should be concerned about being in the same building...but something tells me they're selectively concerned about other things.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Donald should really not talk about regular people things like buying bread, finding parking, paying for college, etc.
Hey now, he used to run a college "Trump University"...and it was only slightly more of a ripoff than DeVry or ITT Tech and had twice as many lawsuits filed against them ;) (although, I guess with the low placement rate for some of the majors out there, some reputable universities could technically be on that ripoff list as well)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey now, he used to run a college "Trump University"...and it was only slightly more of a ripoff than DeVry or ITT Tech and had twice as many lawsuits filed against them ;) (although, I guess with the low placement rate for some of the majors out there, some reputable universities could technically be on that ripoff list as well)
The “Trump Foundation” is defunct, too.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The “Trump Foundation” is defunct, too.
As is Trump Vodka and Trump Steaks and Trump Ice

I bet most people forgot he tried to get in on the bottled water craze
1695084204015.png

Rule of thumb....

You don't buy vodka from a guy who doesn't drink
You don't buy steak from a guy who only eats fast food
You don't buy water from a guy who only drinks diet coke

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you've ever watched Jordan Klepper or the Good Liars interviewing red hats at Donald rallies, it's disturbing how gullible and easily mislead they are.
I have, and while they're funny and I get a good laugh out of them... reverse efforts are often seen as "socially unacceptable" or "in bad taste"

Jordan Klepper is basically doing the left-wing equivalent of what Crowder does with the "Change my mind" segments.

Find the lowest common denominator from the other side, put them on the spot with talking points you already have rehearsed - with canned rebuttals lined up and ready to go (and that "the mark" is hearing for the first time while on camera, on the spot, and strangers staring at them).

Combine that with selective editing (to weed out the people who actually gave coherent responses), and you've got yourself the recipe for a "look!...see how dumb the other side is!" montage.

It's entertaining to watch, but I don't know if it "proves" anything as much as people think it does.

Honestly, what are the odds that any of these political pundits (left or right) set up shop in a hostile territory, and just so happen to come up with 30 mins of content that makes the other side look dumb? The answer is pretty obvious, they record hours and hours of content, and crop it down to the 9 minutes of content that they think proves their point.

You could do that for pretty much anything...if you gave me a recording device with enough storage to record 8 hours of video, I could go to a Taylor Swift concert and cut up a 9 minute montage of "Look, Taylor Swift fans are the dumbest people on the planet" with the right editing techniques

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Find the lowest common denominator from the other side, put them on the spot with talking points you already have rehearsed - with canned rebuttals lined up and ready to go (and that "the mark" is hearing for the first time while on camera, on the spot, and strangers staring at them).

Combine that with selective editing (to weed out the people who actually gave coherent responses), and you've got yourself the recipe for a "look!...see how dumb the other side is!" montage.
That's a nice hypothesis, but "ignorant person on the streets" just demonstrates what we all know - a certain percentage of our population is grossly ignorant. The thing with Donald's ardent believers is the disconnect from reality. The one's who think President Obama is running the government or that Donald is still President. I don't see a lot of that with other groups.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,380.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have, and while they're funny and I get a good laugh out of them... reverse efforts are often seen as "socially unacceptable" or "in bad taste"

Jordan Klepper is basically doing the left-wing equivalent of what Crowder does with the "Change my mind" segments.

It's entertaining to watch, but I don't know if it "proves" anything as much as people think it does.

Honestly, what are the odds that any of these political pundits (left or right) set up shop in a hostile territory, and just so happen to come up with 30 mins of content that makes the other side look dumb? The answer is pretty obvious, they record hours and hours of content, and crop it down to the 9 minutes of content that they think proves their point.

You could do that for pretty much anything...if you gave me a recording device with enough storage to record 8 hours of video, I could go to a Taylor Swift concert and cut up a 9 minute montage of "Look, Taylor Swift fans are the dumbest people on the planet" with the right editing techniques
Yes, it is the fatal flaw of the 'vox pop' interview. It is all in the editing room.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's a nice hypothesis, but "ignorant person on the streets" just demonstrates what we all know - a certain percentage of our population is grossly ignorant. The thing with Donald's ardent believers is the disconnect from reality. The one's who think President Obama is running the government or that Donald is still President. I don't see a lot of that with other groups.
But is the "disconnect from reality" really that unique? Or is it more of a case of everyone taking their turn, at different times, being disconnected from reality?

If we hit the rewind button a few years and go back to mid-2000's.

In a 2004 poll published by Politico, more than half of Democrats at the time thought Bush was "in on" the 9/11 terror attacks. It's now regarded as pure conspiracy and cooler heads have prevailed, but from the period of 2003 to 2008, that was somewhat "mainstream thought" among Democrats.

WaPo, years later (in a piece called "False, toxic Sept. 11 conspiracy theories are still widespread today") published another poll that echoed similar results:
1695129891785.png

And both conspiracies (both the 9/11 conspiracies and the conspiracies about "the deep state stealing/rigging the election") are on par with each other in terms of the magnitude of the implication, as well as the percentages of a political party that bought into it.

Many of the same people who are rightfully dismissing the election denial conspiracies today, were probably a lot of the same people who, back in 2004, thought Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" was a "real documentary" and eating it up hook line and sinker.

And, an interesting tidbit... WaPo actually published addendums to that and showed that while those conspiracies aren't as widespread today, there were still people clinging to them more than a decade later.

1695130676982.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,380.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
“I was down there and I watched our police and our firemen down there on 7/11. Down at the World Trade Centre, right after it came down, I saw the greatest people I’ve ever seen in action”.

“I met with the president of the Virgin Islands.”

Take your pick.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Calling it a "college" would be absurdly generous.

It was more like a set of low value real estate seminars.

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Calling it a "college" would be absurdly generous.

It was more like a set of low value real estate seminars.
Throw in a free DVD player and it was basically a timeshare presentation lol

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For the second time in a week Donald is confused about who the President is. In an interview with Brian Kilmeade he wonders who President Obama hasn't made a statement about the Hamas attacks.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0