Hunter Biden faces 17 years in prison after spending millions on lavish hard-partying lifestyle while dodging taxes: special counsel

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, the strawman's beliefs. That explains everything!

Yeah...the "strawman's" beliefs.

I know the left likes to change definitions of words....invent new words...or stretch the meaning of old words....

Back in my day, we used to call people like this racists. Then some people claimed that it actually had something to do with power and privilege....

1. Power- she's the elected mayor.
2. Privilege- she ran in a party that views race and biology as achievements, if you're not a white man.

She still seems to fit the definition. Also, a strawman is an argument propped up to attack a completely different argument. I actually agree with Ramaswamy's general point. I'm just adding the obvious things I think he missed.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No. He pointed out the hypocrisy of intense media focus on the minor transgression of a minor child (buying alcohol underage) while pretending a serious transgression doesn't exist or isn't important (failing to pay taxes on millions of dollars...so far).
So both sides. Got it. Thanks for proving my point.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Is saying "both sides" a point in your mind?

Are you agreeing that both sides engaged in less than reputable conduct?

Are you upset about people who don't see this as entirely one-sided?

I guess the words "both sides" can be a point....but it's not obvious what the point is.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah...the "strawman's" beliefs.
As far as they can have beliefs.

Boston mayor defends hosting 'Electeds of Color Holiday Party' after email controversy
I know the left likes to change definitions of words....invent new words...or stretch the meaning of old words....
Yeah, "the left"...such rascals! Always innovating - why can't words just be settled once and for all!!

Oh Wu, the outrage du jour! I guess we're gonna hear about Wu for a while....

Back in my day, we used to call people like this racists.
Does that mean you no longer call such people racist? When was your day?

Then some people claimed that it actually had something to do with power and privilege....
1. Power- she's the elected mayor.
2. Privilege- she ran in a party that views race and biology as achievements, if you're not a white man.
She still seems to fit the definition.
It's fun to pretend just to get your blood aboiling!

Are you itching to call her a racist? Or is this just a pity the poor put upon white man party?

Remind me - Is the topic Hunter Biden and the sentence he faces or another recitation on the myriad ways "the left" is awful?

Also, a strawman is an argument propped up to attack a completely different argument.
While it could be, that's not necessarily true. A strawman needn't be attacking a completely different argument as he could just be flailing weakly at the right target.

I actually agree with Ramaswamy's general point. I'm just adding the obvious things I think he missed.
Is he a stand in for Donald in the debates?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Pommer

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No...In reality, I pointed out the fallacy of the assertion. False equivalency.

Your spin doesn't change anything.

Upvote 0