Hunter Biden’s firm, Joe’s VP office exchanged more than 1,000 emails: records. White House breaks transparency vow and holds back many emails.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The White House refused to allow the release of 200 emails referencing Hunter Biden’s firm, citing executive privilege.

“Release would disclose confidential advice between the President and his advisors, or between such advisors,” NARA informed America First Legal in response to its records request.
Joe needs to step down. The emails involving Hunter's firm are a not a matter of national security. Under the Freedom of Information Act is is illegal to withhold records because those records might be embarrassing or show criminal activity. Joe vowed transparency, he has lied to the American people and no longer deserves to represent our country in any capacity.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In one frantic December 2013 email, lobbyist Doug Davenport begs Hunter Biden’s former business partner Eric Schwerin for tickets, on short notice, to the White House Christmas tour

1693535081032.png

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The White House refused to allow the release of 200 emails referencing Hunter Biden’s firm, citing executive privilege.

“Release would disclose confidential advice between the President and his advisors, or between such advisors,” NARA informed America First Legal in response to its records request.
Joe needs to step down. The emails involving Hunter's firm are a not a matter of national security. Under the Freedom of Information Act is is illegal to withhold records because those records might be embarrassing or show criminal activity. Joe vowed transparency, he has lied to the American people and no longer deserves to represent our country in any capacity.

Yet when Democrats were investigating Trump, I seem to recall you cheering his using Executive Privilege to prevent any documents being released to the House investigators. Seems like a bit of a double standard here.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yet when Democrats were investigating Trump, I seem to recall you cheering his using Executive Privilege to prevent any documents being released to the House investigators. Seems like a bit of a double standard here.
Cheering? Are you thinking of someone else? As I have said before, I have pushed for government transparency for a long time. Executive privilege has been recognized but it is not absolute. For example, documents where a president was speaking with his advisors about handling a foreign nation should be allowed to be withheld by a president under executive privilege. A president could extend executive privilege to such discussions between his advisors even if the president was not involved.

However, here we have a violation of security by Joe Biden and his staff. Hillary, if you recall, had an illegal server. Joe used illegal pseudonyms.
In this case Joe's office was passing on foreign policy information to a foreign private business where his son was employed. The Biden White House is apparently trying to claim executive privilege for illegal activity by then vice-president Joe and his staff that occurred during the Obama administration. That is not a legitimate use of executive privilege. Apparently the information Joe is trying to protect was timely a decade ago and distributed to a civilian (Hunter) and foreign nationals. Since it was released to foreign nationals and a crime was committed by using a pseudonym, what legal basis or valid excuse is there to withhold it from the American people?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cheering? Are you thinking of someone else? As I have said before, I have pushed for government transparency for a long time. Executive privilege has been recognized but it is not absolute. For example, documents where a president was speaking with his advisors about handling a foreign nation should be allowed to be withheld by a president under executive privilege. A president could extend executive privilege to such discussions between his advisors even if the president was not involved.

I seem to also remember you supporting Trump trying to use Executive Privilege with the 1/6 Committee and for his documents at Mar-A-Lago -- neither of which had anything to do with foreign policy.

However, here we have a violation of security by Joe Biden and his staff. Hillary, if you recall, had an illegal server. Joe used illegal pseudonyms.

Oh, what law does it break?

In this case Joe's office was passing on foreign policy information to a foreign private business where his son was employed. The Biden White House is apparently trying to claim executive privilege for illegal activity by then vice-president Joe and his staff that occurred during the Obama administration. That is not a legitimate use of executive privilege. Apparently the information Joe is trying to protect was timely a decade ago and distributed to a civilian (Hunter) and foreign nationals. Since it was released to foreign nationals and a crime was committed by using a pseudonym, what legal basis or valid excuse is there to withhold it from the American people?

Again, what crime was committed by using a pseudonym -- particularly since the emails were turned over, as required, by the PRA?

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

My understanding is that Obama and Biden have to approve the release of the emails (which is ridiculous)

Biden, Obama Must Approve Release of Emails in Which Biden Uses Pseudonyms ‘To Discuss Business With Hunter’

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I seem to also remember you supporting Trump trying to use Executive Privilege with the 1/6 Committee and for his documents at Mar-A-Lago -- neither of which had anything to do with foreign policy.

Oh, what law does it break?

Again, what crime was committed by using a pseudonym -- particularly since the emails were turned over, as required, by the PRA?
National security requires that you don't conduct government business on a different server or using a different email then you are assigned. To do so is a violation of national security. IT cannot properly secure what they don't know about. Joe and his staff used the pseudonyms to hide their activity. They were passing government information to Hunter's private businesses.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is the dumbest "scandal" I've ever heard. Do better.
If not for Hunter's laptop the Biden scheme most likely never would have been uncovered. How smart is it to abandon a laptop with incriminating information on it?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
If not for Hunter's laptop the Biden scheme most likely never would have been uncovered. How smart is it to abandon a laptop with incriminating information on it?
No "scheme" has yet been uncovered. The GOP's own witnesses have stated that they know of no impropriety by the President and nothing beyond pretty normal business dealings from the president's son.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How fortunate for this laptop* to appear just when it was needed, huh?

*alleged

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
National security requires that you don't conduct government business on a different server or using a different email then you are assigned. To do so is a violation of national security. IT cannot properly secure what they don't know about. Joe and his staff used the pseudonyms to hide their activity. They were passing government information to Hunter's private businesses.

So why did Ivanka and Jared both conduct government business on a different server? Perhaps you are advocating for them to be locked up?

And what "government business" was being passed? What I've heard is the "government business" was sending of Biden's schedule to his children, which is "national security" solely in the sense that the Secret Service does not want "travel plans" to be publicly available, so that terrorists can plan attacks (which shouldn't be an issue with the adult child of a government official getting a copy of his father's schedule). From what has been claimed, Beau's death hit Joe hard and, as such, Joe wanted to ensure that his children could reach him and that he could reach them. My guess, though I'll admit it is purely an informed guess based on my military security background, the pseudonym was used to prevent those who might see the email to not immediately know it was the VP's schedule or email; that the pseudonym was not only innocuous but a requirement of his protection detail. I suppose we'll find out as it is investigated.

It wouldn't? I could swear that we have heard things repeatedly about Biden publicly admitting to "bribing Ukraine," and that would have been investigated regardless. In fact, it seems like the "perfect phone call" with Zelensky occurred prior to Trump knowing anything about the laptop but still wanting Ukraine to investigate Biden (or at least publicly announce that they were going to).

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So why did Ivanka and Jared both conduct government business on a different server? Perhaps you are advocating for them to be locked up?

And what "government business" was being passed? What I've heard is the "government business" was sending of Biden's schedule to his children, which is "national security" solely in the sense that the Secret Service does not want "travel plans" to be publicly available, so that terrorists can plan attacks (which shouldn't be an issue with the adult child of a government official getting a copy of his father's schedule). From what has been claimed, Beau's death hit Joe hard and, as such, Joe wanted to ensure that his children could reach him and that he could reach them. My guess, though I'll admit it is purely an informed guess based on my military security background, the pseudonym was used to prevent those who might see the email to not immediately know it was the VP's schedule or email; that the pseudonym was not only innocuous but a requirement of his protection detail. I suppose we'll find out as it is investigated.

It wouldn't? I could swear that we have heard things repeatedly about Biden publicly admitting to "bribing Ukraine," and that would have been investigated regardless. In fact, it seems like the "perfect phone call" with Zelensky occurred prior to Trump knowing anything about the laptop but still wanting Ukraine to investigate Biden (or at least publicly announce that they were going to).
You just asked me before about executive privilege, and an hour or so ago I learned that NARA is insisting that they can't release the records unless President Obama and Joe give permission. So much for Joe's transparency. James Comer was able to view a few emails, and now NARA has admitted there are thousands more. Comer saw an email copied to Hunter about Ukraine. Bursima at that time (per testimony of Devon Archer) was squeezing Hunter to call Washington for help. To be thorough it would be helpful to have Joe's bank records. Remember Hunter complained about have to pay Joe's bills for his house--follow the money.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You just asked me before about executive privilege, and an hour or so ago I learned that NARA is insisting that they can't release the records unless President Obama and Joe give permission. So much for Joe's transparency. James Comer was able to view a few emails, and now NARA has admitted there are thousands more. Comer saw an email copied to Hunter about Ukraine. Bursima at that time (per testimony of Devon Archer) was squeezing Hunter to call Washington for help. To be thorough it would be helpful to have Joe's bank records. Remember Hunter complained about have to pay Joe's bills for his house--follow the money.

You really need to read the Presidential Records Act. Biden is not blocking the access, the PRA requires the former President to review records for Executive Privilege prior to their being released.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You really need to read the Presidential Records Act. Biden is not blocking the access, the PRA requires the former President to review records for Executive Privilege prior to their being released.
Joe feeding information to his son and extorting a foreign government does not fall under the concept of executive privilege. Joe has lied to the American people, he claimed he never even discussed business with Hunter.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,177.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joe feeding information to his son and extorting a foreign government does not fall under the concept of executive privilege. Joe has lied to the American people, he claimed he never even discussed business with Hunter.

You seem to be assuming facts here. I'm not aware that anyone has claimed "executive privilege" yet -- again, the PRA requires documents to be approved by the former President (and in this case the former VP/current President, since they were his documents). Additionally, you seem to be assuming what is in the emails with no factual basis -- seems you criticized people here who at least had a basis (based on claims in the Steele Document) for their claims, even if they later proved untrue. To this point, there is still no evidence he ever did discuss business with Hunter.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is the dumbest "scandal" I've ever heard. Do better.
It is hard to top. Can you imagine anyone leaving a laptop behind with so much incriminating evidence, from sex to drugs to business?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be assuming facts here. I'm not aware that anyone has claimed "executive privilege" yet -- again, the PRA requires documents to be approved by the former President (and in this case the former VP/current President, since they were his documents).
The NY Post article says "hundreds remain hidden because of executive privilege asserted by the White House." As I have previously explained, the Presidential Records Act pertains to documents of the president. It is my reading of the Presidential Records Act that the act pertains to a particular president, that is, President Trump would not have had the authority to decide what documents from the Obama administration should be personal or public. Of course, laws today are being twisted, the law against those involved in insurrection was intended toward members of the Civil War Confederacy and is trying to be used to get Trump. On an ethical ground, it is hard to see how Joe could provide U.S. government documents containing foreign policy information to a private business, a business which paid his son huge amounts of money, but somehow be justified in withholding those now old documents from Congress and the American people. Especially given his past statements about never having discussed Hunter's business with Hunter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0