Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You claimed arguing with you was arguing with God. Hard to take anyone seriously who says that.
Well, you too could just walk away from these discussions.

Seems you also do NOT recognize the Power of the Holy Spirit and how that 3rd Member of the Triune God is not a God, but God. Many Christians that I am with in Bible Studies would understand what I was saying as I have heard that term many times. "You are arguing with God" when everyone knows what it means.

By the way--I am always observing with the Holy Spirit without blinder on, I might add.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You misrepresented me. And you know it.
If I did, it was unintentional. I was just going by what you posted. If you don’t think guns are the problem, then I apologize.

• Friendly
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Before I respod to this post let's back up to what yous said earlier

Hammster said:
Okay. You seem to want me to believe YOU because you say that you are led by the Spirit. Without you providing scripture to back your point, how can I possibly know this is true? There are many false prophets out there.

Just to be clear, are you inadvertently admitting that you have to be led by someone? Simple understanding of this verse tell WHO leads one to truth.

John 16:13
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into ALL truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

That is why we need discernment

Philippians 1:9
And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment

As to this post:

Yet you still keep responding when you could just walk away. And who has no scriptures to back up what they say?

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction.

"I fear the Lord" and I try to gain wisdom and knowledge. you can work out the rest of that proverb---and just to be clear I DID NOT call you a what the rest of the verse says.
I’m still waiting for ANYTHING that relates to the OP.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
this verse:

Matthew 24:12
And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

As to the Holy Spirit or Spirit of Truth , that I rely on:

John 14:17
the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.

So for you, it really becomes argument with God here.
What does this have to do with the discussion? Because I have guns, I'm lawless? Doesn't compute.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It looked to me like a convenient time since people had the day off and it coincided with the first legislative session of the new Va Legislature. I didn't see the disrespect that you did. To me, disrespect usually requires willful intent to disrespect, and I just didn't see it. Maybe you can provide some evidence?
When you're white and have racist proclivities you miss things that offend other (i.e. non-white) people. And when you are prideful you dismiss the offenses that others feel just because you don't also feel them. Yet when you're offended you get whiny and lash out and upset that others don't feel the offense you're taking.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Haven't you heard of Virginia's Lobby Day? Virginia Citizens Defense League - VCDL Lobby Day -- Richmond VA
MLK doesn't own that day.
The VCDL (a gun-worshiping anti-Christian group of racists) created "Lobby Day" and chose to make it the same day as MLK day every year. They did that as a dogwhistle to other racists.

It's their way of saying "We don't want to celebrate MLK so on his federally designated holiday we're going to make up a fake holiday and call it 'Lobby Day' and the purpose will be to celebrate the means of death that MLK suffered because he's black and helped black people in America and we hate that."

Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What does this have to do with the discussion? Because I have guns, I'm lawless? Doesn't compute.
As a Christian, I would think you would know that everything applies to the Bible.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Total pacifism is not taught in this Scripture. Indeed, Abraham was blessed by the Most High God (Gen 14:19) after engaging in a war against the unjust aggression of the kings who had captured his nephew Lot. In Luke 3:14, soldiers come to inquire of John the Baptist about what they should do. John never told them to leave the army. Likewise, Cornelius, in Acts 10, was a centurion. He was called a devout man (v. 2), and the Scriptures say that the Lord heard the prayers of Cornelius (v. 4). When Cornelius becomes a Christian, Peter does not tell him to leave the army. Also, in Luke 22:36–38, Christ says that the one who has no sword should sell his robe and buy one. The apostles responded saying that they had two swords. Jesus responded saying that “it was enough.” In other words, they did not need to get rid of their swords.

Peter’s use was aggressive, not purely defensive. His life was not being unjustly threatened. It was not clearly an act of self-defense (Ex. 22:2). Peter was acting impulsively, not like one with self control.
Jesus simply noted that those who live lives of aggression often die by the same means.
Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword.

I hope you are living by your guns.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In your book, what other days ought to be off limits for freedom of speech? Please list them.

From what I can tell, the people in Richmond yesterday didn't do anything wrong. It looks like they just stood around and didn't seem to bother anyone. Why not just let them be? Why take their guns and tell them which day they can't exercise their rights? You could just ignore them and observe MLK day in the way you think appropriate, but you can't do that. You could just leave everyone in peace, but you can't bring yourself to do so.

Based on what? I think in your world Republicans = gun nuts = racists = right wing = alt right = hate = immoral = Satan. I think you just assume the worst in people who don't see the world as you and set out to smear and inflame them. You could assume better in those who disagree with you, until you have evidence otherwise, but you can't bring yourself to do so. They HAVE to be evil.
Here you go, lashing out and whining about the offense you're taking, upset that I don't see what you're so offended about. Let it out, cry it out, it's not healthy to keep it in JimDickey, professor of men's tradition.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can say that because regardless of how many times I’ve asked, you’ve not provided any. So we can either have this discussion about whether or not you have scripture, or you could just provide the scripture that you say you have.

I Thess. 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

I Cor. 8
9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.
10 For if someone with a weak conscience sees you who are well informed eating in an idol’s temple, will he not be encouraged to eat food sacrificed to idols?
11 So this weak brother, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge.
12 By sinning against your brothers in this way and wounding their weak conscience, you sin against Christ.
13 Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother to stumble, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause him to stumble.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Where’s the lawlessness? As far as I can tell, everyone at the rally obeyed the law.
People who get abortions obey the law too. Is that the basis of your argument? Pathetic.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The first question is so outlandish that I laughed when I read it. You figure out why it is that.

You were the one that said arguing with you is arguing with God. So I surmised that your divine representation extended to prayer too. But I suppose you're only a divine representative in gun ownership conversations.

The whole point, made obviously tongue-in-cheek, is that arguing with you is not the same as arguing with God. And for you to claim otherwise is patently ridiculous.

2nd questions was a little more in point. No I do not know the immediate future as well as no one really know but I will tell you this:

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming.

You or I could even die tomorrow. Should we NOT be prepared for either event---His Return of the mortality of us all?

So is your answer "yes," you believe that gun ownership is a sign of the return of Christ? Your use of that verse in a conversation about gun ownership is just as patently ridiculous as claiming that arguing with you is arguing with God.

What's also strange is that you want to apply "the love of many will grow cold" to gun owners, yet you would seemingly vote for and fund some people with guns to take away guns from some other people. Basically, you're seemingly in favor of the use of weapons when it's your group, but not in favor of weapons when it's someone else. And somehow, it's this other group whose "love has grown cold," but not you even though you would seemingly vote for and fund the use of the same instruments against the other group. Why isn't sauce for the goose sauce for the gander?

• Agree
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And constitutionally guaranteed right. Deal with it.
You mean like abortion? Do you just "deal with it" when it comes to abortion? (I'll bet you do...)

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You seem to be living in other’s minds. I mean, you can tell that most gun owners don’t really love their neighbors.
Nothing says "I love you!" like buying a gun in case you want to shoot that person! LOL

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here you go, lashing out and whining about the offense you're taking, upset that I don't see what you're so offended about..

What am I offended about? Please be as descriptive and vulgar as possible....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet when you're offended you get whiny and lash out and upset that others don't feel the offense you're taking.

Does this describe your whining about being on the side of Satan?

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing says "I love you!" like buying a gun in case you want to shoot that person! LOL

But you would vote in such a manner and fund people with guns to use on a group of people with who you disagree about owning guns. But it's you who's the loving one, right? The rules are different when it's you and your group, right?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What am I offended about? Please be as descriptive and vulgar as possible....
LOL are you serious? Read your own words:
"Why not just let them be? Why take their guns and tell them which day they can't exercise their rights? You could just ignore them and observe MLK day in the way you think appropriate, but you can't do that. You could just leave everyone in peace, but you can't bring yourself to do so."

LOL, "let them be"??? Have I interrupted or obstructed them in any way? You're crying and whining that I am doing something to them and I haven't done a thing to them. You only do that when you feel offended and hurt, crying and whining and lashing out at me like that.

Is that "disruptive and vulgar" enough for you? LOL, "disruptive and vulgar" - more inventions by you to mischaracterize me to fit the victimization you feel in your mind which you blame on me.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that "disruptive and vulgar" enough for you? LOL, "disruptive and vulgar" - more inventions by you to mischaracterize me to fit the victimization you feel in your mind which you blame on me.

What are you even rambling about?

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But you would vote in such a manner and fund people with guns to use on a group of people with who you disagree about owning guns. But it's you who's the loving one, right? The rules are different when it's you and your group, right?
This thread is not about that. Start your own thread instead of derailing mine.

What I would not do is insult the memory of a great Christian American leader by celebrating the manner of his death on a holiday designated to commemorate the good he did for our nation.

What part of that don't you understand?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.