Berkshire
✟16,620.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My 30s have really shocked me. I turned 30 in October and I am shocked at how different I feel and think about things. I am wiser than I was in my 20s, especially since I came back to God and started reading the Holy Bible and applying it to my life.

I wish I were more mature. I feel like I'm not where I should be maturity wise.

I'm 30 too, and I'm also still learning and discovering so much. I've learned more in the last year than I did throughout my 20s. The lockdown is partly responsible. It has removed a great deal of distraction. I also moved out of the city so I feel really unfettered. I feel God calling me toward something new and exciting.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm almost 37.

Eh. For personal reasons I'm not getting into (nothing bad), I've been quite delayed with a lot of major adult milestones. I'm behind all of my peers in certain things, even though I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to others.

Luckily, I have a set of very good friends who are my bedrock. I'm OK, but I'm not nearly where I want to be and could be a lot better.
Ringo

Upvote 0

OceanPoet87

Husband 'N Wifi
Feb 7, 2012
Near Lewiston, ID
✟13,911.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It has it's good days and bad days. But I pray that God would help me embrace it and be more consistent. Yesterday my younger brother who is very much not a believer joined the 3-0 club. He's mellowed out quite a bit. I pray they come to know the truth.

Anyway I do like being in my thirties. The twenties were more exciting but had a lot of high /low all the time. My wife is in her thirties and seems to like it.

Upvote 0

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
Jamdung/Jamrock/Island in the sun
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Some days I'm achieving my goals. Some days I feel like I'm not doing enough. I prefer my approach to life's 'issues' now more than when I was in my 20s. I'm definitely more grounded. I loved my 20s, but, I'm excited about this stage of my life.

• Agree
Reactions: OceanPoet87
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm almost 37.

Eh. For personal reasons I'm not getting into (nothing bad), I've been quite delayed with a lot of major adult milestones. I'm behind all of my peers in certain things, even though I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to others.

Luckily, I have a set of very good friends who are my bedrock. I'm OK, but I'm not nearly where I want to be and could be a lot better.
Ringo

I can relate to you as I am developmentally delayed.

Upvote 0

alkaloid

Apr 13, 2021
Toronto
✟10,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'll be turning 31 in about 2 weeks or so and my first year of being in my 30s has been one of the best years of my life. I've transformed myself and my attitude about life in a way that makes me so excited to be in my 30s. So many people dread ending their 20s, but I can honestly say my 20s were not all that great (I was a totally wretch and a heathen), but I had my fun moments. I'm finally excited to live my life, regardless of what the current state of the world is and how it may progress. God's in control now and things are looking up despite it all.

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟95,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They’re going good! Lots of changes with getting moving out, getting married, and having a few adventures with my husband. Growing a lot these years.

Lately I’ve been trying to grow my faith more, and have been reading a bunch of books and listening to sermons, but I need to look for more books again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gell

Redeemed
Site Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m turning 31 this year and I thank God for the past 3 decades because He has provided me with a lot. Like other single 30 somethings I am also wondering why I am not yet married but I know everything is in God’s hand.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not sure why but recently, when I wake up...first thing that come to mind is the realization of being in my 30s. Wasn't it just yesterday when I took a trip to Europe,
was out n' about, with out a care in the world?
No....I keep thinking I'll wake up 24 again.
How marriage and children completely change the dynamics of the life you live.

Anyone else going through this?
Feels great to know I'm not alone in this. ;)
Tell me your experience of being 30 something.
-J:D
Lucky you. Europe, marriage,kids... Single and can't afford a trip anywhere

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Disheartening, for the most part.

I feel somewhat behind my peers, but also wouldn't want to be exactly in their position. It feels as if the kind of life I want to live is impossible in this day and age.
Same here. I feel like it's almost impossible to get a place on your own these days without a spouse's second income. Yet most Christian guys got married in their early twenties. I've felt behind my entire 20s. I'm sick of married people complaining how they can't do anything because of their kids. Like yeah I can either and I don't have kids.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2023
Salt Lake City
✟9,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't have regrets. I refuse to live life with them. I refuse. I learned this as a young person and I saw people complain all day long sometimes of regrets they never wanted to do. I said "I never want that feeling ever I can't stand it." So I said "I will push myself 100% everyday of my life and then I will not have regrets." You can't have regrets when you do your best everyday. And that's what I did to get rid of that idea. I also do not have regrets like "I didn't write that book" or even "I said that random thing and it bothers me." I don't do that. I make sure that every conversation and everything that I do is not perfect but following the spirit of God. I don't have those regrets. However, I notice that people say things like "I wish I did better." So I want to say this, I learned about repentance and true repentance helps in general but sometimes a little repentance is good for the soul and for mental clarity and help mentally. Doing it this way helps tremendously in life. Truly it does and it makes the mind calm down about regrets and things that happened. It can help with mental illness actually a little bit. A little relief would honestly help many people. So I'll share it. You would be suprised what you have to say but just do it and it will help. You say physically with your mouth out loud "I am bad. I am sorry." and you leave it alone. Then your brain will calm down about most areas you messed up in. If you don't say it exactly that way then it won't work much. You must say it that way. Then the brain understands the command basically. Kind of like a computer basically.

I do this and I said it the other day and I calmed down about everything I did that may have been a problem. It's okay to say I'm Bad. Because sometimes doing something bad makes you bad. So it's fine to say.

I learned more about repentance in the last few weeks than ever before and this is not normal. I repent all the time but this is incredible in the idea that it's simple but straight forward and it works.

I also learned in my last year of being 30 I learned my MISSION IN LIFE. I actually have one and I can't share it with you yet but it's incredible. I can't wait to start my mission in life. I have prayed everyday for years for knowing my mission in life.

My 20's were fine at first and then I got captured and raped so I am not happy with my 20's in certain ways. However, the last few years I've had more success with goals and understanding life than ever before and I am considered a goal oriented and smart person about life. So, this is an extremely successful last few years. I am not a millionaire yet but I will be one day.

I am very excited because I learned more about how to be even more goal oriented and follow the spirit at the same time.

I learned much but I won't share.
However, as a 30 year old I'm feeling less old actually. I said to myself "I feel old" around 29 years old and said "When I was a teen I would think I'm ancient! This is weird!" so now I figured out how to not feel that and I feel fine.

I learned much about life too. This answer is long compared to all of yours because I went through so much HELL and so much censorship because of my opinions that I have not been able to share anything on any website anywhere because my opinion is so good. It's not a bad opinion or evil so people are really struggling right now to hear opinions that are truthful or different. Anyway, I will share a few more things I learned.

I have learned much but this is important. I learned who I was in the end. Who I became. Who I was. And I was PROUD. I wasn't nervous, upset, angry or humiliated I was PROUD. I was like "Wow...I did survive all that, I am still a valiant soul still and good." and this made me very proud of myself. When you get to your core what are you? Wicked? Good? or something else? I want only goodness so I was nervous to figure it out but I found out I was very good in the end of my trial. I am not trying to one up or better than you attitude about it either.

I am not only knowing who I am at my core, but I know my mission, I am saved from my terrible situation I wrote about in another part of the forum and I also am now able to speak in some place about my life. I have many accomplishments but it's because I followed the spirit about them.

As a millenial I think millenials actually are change makers but they don't get it at this point. So, anywyay, all of you can make a change in this life just believe in yourself. You can do it.

Thanks for reading.

Upvote 0