Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Finally, I found out how one can travel faster than the speed of light. All the time, we though the problem was weight, that faster you go, the heavier you get. The problem, is actually, acceleration. And the faster you go, the smaller steps of this, acceleration, you must take. There`s no, black matter, or dark energy, out there, so that`s not the problem; or the solution. With small enough steps of acceleration, the space-ship won`t know it has weight. And, to make these steps even faster, you can make the space-ship lighter with electrifying it, like you electrify an metallic triangle to hover over a table. Yes, a little bit of the problem, is that the faster you go and want to accelerate, the smaller steps in increasing speed, you must take, or else you get too heavy. There`s no matter around the space-ship to hinder it`s speed, it`s just the acceleration. Give me some points of view?

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Finally, I found out how one can travel faster than the speed of light. All the time, we though the problem was weight, that faster you go, the heavier you get. The problem, is actually, acceleration. And the faster you go, the smaller steps of this, acceleration, you must take. There`s no, black matter, or dark energy, out there, so that`s not the problem; or the solution. With small enough steps of acceleration, the space-ship won`t know it has weight. And, to make these steps even faster, you can make the space-ship lighter with electrifying it, like you electrify an metallic triangle to hover over a table. Yes, a little bit of the problem, is that the faster you go and want to accelerate, the smaller steps in increasing speed, you must take, or else you get too heavy. There`s no matter around the space-ship to hinder it`s speed, it`s just the acceleration. Give me some points of view?

Weight and mass are linked but not synonymous. Slowing your acceleration has zero effect on mass. Electricity does not affect mass either. None of what you wrote appears credible.

• Agree
Reactions: DW_in_AR
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And from what source did you gather this evaluation?

Upvote 0

Tjufsen

Feb 25, 2023
Kolbu
✟21,186.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And from what source did you gather this evaluation?

From my own thinking. The problem stems a little from math, the acceleration has steps because of math. If you take a tool to measure distance, it can always be broken down to smaller bits, even smaller than the distance of space between atoms, so math is irrational. In the old days, math was used with inches to build houses, which didn`t have to be accurate. Today we still use math, but cm instead, which is more accurate. But the problem still remains since it can be broken down to smaller, and smaller, bits. You have to use another system for acceleration in space, if you want to have small enough steps.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my own thinking. The problem stems a little from math, the acceleration has steps because of math. If you take a tool to measure distance, it can always be broken down to smaller bits, even smaller than the distance of space between atoms, so math is irrational. In the old days, math was used with inches to build houses, which didn`t have to be accurate. Today we still use math, but cm instead, which is more accurate. But the problem still remains since it can be broken down to smaller, and smaller, bits. You have to use another system for acceleration in space, if you want to have small enough steps.

It would be really swell if you could corroborate your personal thinking on this with similar thinking found among current scholar(s) in Physics.

I want to see sources rather than guess work. Is your background in Physics by chance?

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NASA doesn't believe your claims friend. Apparently approximately 68% of the universe is dark energy, with dark matter comprising approximately 27%. Normal, observable matter matter is only around 5% of our universe. Leaving me wondering why it is called "normal" being such a small fraction of the universe.

Gravity also affects your calculations. How far away from a planet are you? How large is the planet? What is the gravity constant? You are under the effects of gravity even in space. Everything is falling, towards the earth, sun, what have you. So if you are using gravity for assistance you will need to travel in the direction of your fall lol.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Without an inertia dampener, I am not sure we ever could. With acceleration comes a "G force." Your body can only endure so many Gs, this equates to the force of gravity on Earth or an acceleration of 32 feet per second per second. That means adding 22 mph every second that you accelerate. By my humble math skills, falling at normal gravity, it would take you 57 years to accelerate to the speed of light. If you want to reduce that time, you would have to accelerate at an increased amount, meaning a greater G force. G forces over 6 would kill a man. The normal G force for an astronaut at take-off is about 3 Gs. So, at most, we might survive attaining the speed of light, but it would take about 20 years to get there and survive. My math may be wrong. Just something to think about.

2023-11-22_150540.jpg

Also, it would take almost 3 trillion miles to reach the speed of light (671 million miles per hour) accelerating at 1 G.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,051.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
All the time, we though the problem was weight...
No. All the time we thought the problem was mass. Not weight. Acceleration (e.g. gravity) will alter weight. In other words, weight = mass x acceleration. You can now see that mass doesn't equal weight. And it's the (inertial) mass that increases at relativistic speeds. Which isn't fooled by you sneaking up on it slowly.

I love these little excursions, though. Keep them up.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟277,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
?????
The maths does not produce steps.

acceleration.gif

The acceleration and velocity functions a(t) and v(t) respectively are both smooth functions not discrete as the time interval Δt approaches zero.
This is basic high school calculus applied to define both acceleration and velocity.

• Informative
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So, is it only the acceleration that increases mass only? Or is it also the speed that you are traveling or going?

I'm asking because I don't know the answer to this question yet, but am wondering about it right now at the moment, and because I also thought it was also the speed that you were traveling (through space) up to now, etc.

Yes or no answers are very welcome.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So, is it only the acceleration that increases mass only? Or is it also the speed that you are traveling or going?

I'm asking because I don't know the answer to this question yet, but am wondering about it right now at the moment, and because I also thought it was also the speed that you were traveling (through space) up to now, etc.

Yes or no answers are very welcome.

God Bless.
Also, it is only the acceleration that affects time, or is it also the speed you are traveling at also, etc?

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Gravity also affects your calculations. How far away from a planet are you? How large is the planet? What is the gravity constant? You are under the effects of gravity even in space. Everything is falling, towards the earth, sun, what have you. So if you are using gravity for assistance you will need to travel in the direction of your fall lol.
Unless you are very, very close to a strong gravitational pull, the way it would affect anything/everything is pretty nominal, though not absolutely zero, etc.

Travel between star systems is affected very, very little by it IOW's, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0