Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyway, faith only saves if it leads on to love. Love always encompasses faith, but not the other way around. Love is what makes faith saving, not sheer faith, alone, to accommodate as best as I can.
It is not saving faitih, it is counterfeit faith if it does not love, trust and obey.

Saving faith is love, but love is not saving faith.
Many love and do not believe.

Saving faith is obedience, but obedience is not saving faith.
Many obey and do not believe.

Saving faith is trust, but trust is not saving faith.
Many trust and do not believe.

No one believes savingly that does not love, trust and obey,
but none of them saves.

I do not accept your rewriting of the gospel according to your personal predilection.
It can't be improved upon. It's perfect just the way it is.

Faith without its works (including love) saves (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Love does not save.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course, and those who are not under the law are not under the curse of the law.

And those who are under the law teach law keeping and commandment keeping as their "gospel of works".

Who is that?

These people teach that their works are a part of the reason God will accept them.
These works include, "enduring to the end". "law keeping", "commandment keeping".

It would be the person who teaches that the reason God saved us, is so that we can go and fulfill the law, and keep it.

Who is that?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Im trying to lead you to this....Light.

"It is not I who live, but Christ who LOVES, LIVES, GIVES, DISCIPLESHIP"S = through me".

"apart from ME, you can do NOTHING".....including LOVE, fhansen.

Im trying to lead you to THAT reality, as the only one you teach is.>"here is what im doing, see me......im doing it". "see my law keeping, my commandment keeping">....
"me me me me me me me"
And that includes "love".

So, im trying to help you to understand that you are not the reason for anything that is related to Christianity.
Salvation is all of God, and none of you.
The Discipleship that follows, is not about YOU, its about YOU getting out of the way, so that God can : "It is not I who live, but Christ who lives in me"..

So that is what im trying to lead you to see for yourself for 3 weeks or more.
Just that.

When will you see it?
But, again, there's nothing new here, or anything that I'm not already enlightened to. We both agree that only God can justify us. And even though you believe that this righteousness is imputed, you also agree that a born again person begins to behave righteously, meaning that we participate in some manner or another in a change of behavior even if you don't believe that we must do so in order to be saved. And my main point is that, yes, we can behave righteously now with the new birth, and that we must do so, as living by the Spirit is optional, with eternal life at stake. Again, nothing we have, nothing, including our existence, is our own-it all comes from God. And that's the same as with any righteousness He may give us-and continues to seek to draw us further into-for our highest and best good. That begins-from our perspective- with faith.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And, were you trying to add something here? He fulfills the law in us by giving us the love

No.

Christ fulfilled the law, not fulfills it, but FULFILLED it, by keeping them all, and living a sinless life.
That is what God gives us in place of our sin.
This is to be born again and "made righteous".

So, once again, your theology does not even resemble anything that Paul teaches as being "made righteous".

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And my main point is that, yes, we can behave righteously now with the new birth, and that we must do so, as living by the Spirit is optional, with eternal life at stake.

You again just taught your legalism.
You stated that eternal life is kept or LOST, not by the Blood of God, as the Blood Atonement, but as you living righteously or NOT, and if NOT< then hell awaits.

That is SELF SAVING theology.
LEGALSIM

So, what you did again was give YOURSELF CREDIT for going to hell or not, and that denies the Cross, and rejects the Grace of God.

So, when do you think you will stop teaching this, is what i asked you 3x.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And those who are under the law teach law keeping and commandment keeping as their "gospel of works".

Who is that?
We are still obligated to be obedient, meaning righteous in our beings and actions. Again, we were not created to be sinners. The problem is in our being apart from God, and that open wound is exactly what Jesus came to heal. And authentic obedience only comes by love. That's what Adam lacked in Eden. That's what God's been patiently seeking to cultivate in man ever since. That's what Jesus demonstrated in no uncertain terms-and what He wants from-and for-us. It only comes from Him.

Without love we are nothing (1 Cor 13:2). God wants us to be something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You stated that eternal life is kept or LOST, not by the Blood of God, as the Blood Atonement, but as you living righteously or NOT, and if NOT< then hell awaits.
That's what Scripture says. We mock and ignore the blood atonement to the extent that we live unrighteously after coming to know of it and the God who accomplished it.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are you quoting?
Mormonism?

Listen, in Hebrews 10:26, no Hebrew is entering the Holy Place.

So, what are you quoting,?

What i can tell you is that if a person is born again, then we are ETERNALLY IN the Holy Place, by being "One with God" and "in Christ".

The Blood Atonement has reconciled the born again to God, literally.
The born again, are born into God's Holy Spirit, by God's holy Spirit.

Hebrews 10:19 the same Hebrews the author is addressing in verse 26. Verse 26 is a hypothetical situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The frustrating part is that I have proved it, over and over again,

You are misunderstanding yourself.
It like this.. The person that taught you to keep the law, as the reason for the Cross, didnt tell you the truth, ......however, this became your truth.
So, you teach that in place of Truth, thinking you are instructing us according to the truth.
You're not.

You can define Justification by faith as found in a Dictionary, but you can't teach it as the blood atonement., as all your teaching opposes it by Legalism.
You can't teach GRACE as the only reason a person goes to heaven because this is not your Faith.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to prove the Wikipedia was not around before you quoted them?
Better check your facts.

Also, if you read my last post and do it, you can learn a lot about why some manuscripts are not accepted, and very few are used to make a bible.

Also, study Romans 3:21-28, until all thoughts of law and commandments as being YOUR part of the Grace of God. leave your belief system.

Where does Wikipedia say that 60% of the KJV derived from the Geneva Bible? Can you find that and quote it from Wikipedia?

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Christ fulfilled the law, not fulfills it, but FULFILLED it, by keeping them all, and living a sinless life.
That is what God gives us in place of our sin.
This is to be born again and "made righteous".
God gives us love, by the Spirit who is love, in place of our sin. Because love and sin are mutually excusive, which is why love fulfills the law, as sin is lawlessness after all. Our righteousness must exceed that of the Pharisees and teachers of the law and only a small amount of agape easily succeeds in accomplishing that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are misunderstanding yourself.
It like this.. The person that taught you to keep the law, as the reason for the Cross, didnt tell you the truth, ......however, this became your truth.
So, you teach that in place of Truth, thinking you are instructing us according to the truth.
You're not.

You can define Justification by faith as found in a Dictionary, but you can't teach it as the blood atonement., as all your teaching opposes it by Legalism.
You can't teach GRACE as the only reason a person goes to heaven because this is not your Faith.
Grace is the only source of faith, hope, and love: of holiness, righteousness, justice, sinlessness to put it another way. God, IOW, is the only source. Again, not my words here in the New Covenant prophecy of Jeremiah:
“I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor,
or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,”
declares the Lord.
“For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more.”
Jer 31:32-34

“But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it.” Rom 3:21

"...not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith." Phil 3:9

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are still obligated to be obedient,.

But the born again are not under obligation to be obedient to keep from losing our salvation.
But you think you are.....
So what has happened, is that you have never understood the Cross, or you at one time did, but never understood that Christ on the Cross is why you go to heaven....and no other reason.

So, what you do is talk about Faith, yet you teach, "here is what you must do to stay saved"., and thats the false gospel. Galatians 1:8.

See, if you said.....>"now that we are going to heaven, we are supposed to present our bodies a living sacrifice".......if you explained it like that, CORRECTLY..... so that Christ on the Cross is shown as the ONLY reason you go to heaven. John 14:6....... but you dont because you can't.

You teach the gospel of works......You teach....>"now that we are saved, we are obligated to do all that is on MY Scripture and works LIST< and if you dont, you will lose your salvation".

Now, if im wrong about your Legalism, then just post back that you dont believe you or any born again person, can lose their salvation.

I dont think you can say that , as your Legalism is not going to allow you to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is not saving faitih, it is counterfeit faith if it does not love, trust and obey.
if you prefer to qualify faith as such. The bible doesn't put it that way though. Faith, hope, and love are separate items, with love being the most important.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are you quoting?
Mormonism?

Listen, in Hebrews 10:26, no Hebrew is entering the Holy Place.

So, what are you quoting,?

What i can tell you is that if a person is born again, then we are ETERNALLY IN the Holy Place, by being "One with God" and "in Christ".

The Blood Atonement has reconciled the born again to God, literally.
The born again, are born into God's Holy Spirit, by God's holy Spirit.

Furthermore in verse 26 the author even includes himself in the hypothetical situation of being capable of willful sin. Hence the words “IF WE”.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet, this does not keep the Koine Greek from existing, and being used as "greek" that created the AV.

The differences between Koine Greek and Byzantine Greek can be compared to Middle English, like Shakespeare or the KJV, to modern English. It’s not a completely different language it’s just not as modern of a dialect.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what Scripture says. We mock and ignore the blood atonement to the extent that we live unrighteously after coming to know of it and the God who accomplished it.

flansen....

You have sinned willfully since you were born again, or will you tell us that every sin you have committed since you were saved, that you have confessed and repented of...was an ACCIDENT you didnt mean to do?

Come now, if you play that game with us, you'll have to confess that sin next, and it was not an accident that you said it, it was willfully posted.

So,
IF we can just set aside your pretense, and be real, as im always real, and im always truthful...
Here is how you are to understand what God has done through Christ on the Cross.

God, on the day He saved every person who is reading me, right now....KNEW of every sin you would commit after He saved you that day.
He knew of every sin you would commit AFTER HE SAVED YOU THAT DAY.
So, why would God save you, if He knew of all the unrighteousness things you would do later, if they could cause you to lose your salvation. ???????????
God knew on the day He created ADAM and EVE, that you would show up, and you would trust Christ, and after you did, you would sin later.
So, who are you kidding, flansen?

Reader ...are you actually trying to BELIEVE that you can stop being saved, when God knew all you would do wrong, (sin)...after He saved you......and yet He saved you anyway.?

HE SAVED YOU ANYWAY., knowing you would sin many times, later.

Why did He save you, knowing that later you might backslide for a while,, and watch "R" rated Netflix movies, and all this STUFF....after He saved you..?????

Its because, "where sin abounds......(when you sin)......Grace MORE Abounds....(The blood of God is greater than your sin, to keep you CLEAN and Righteous".

God Knew and God knows that HIS SHED BLOOD< will always keep you righteous.
So, that is why He saved you, knowing that later, you would sin and not just once.

See that?
That is the GRACE OF GOD.
That is SALVATiON.
The same blood of Jesus that SAVED YOU..... ALWAYS Keeps you SAVED.

Once you are Born again, you are Always Born again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.