Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:15-31 is basically Jesus's message to the Jews in the end times, when the AoD set up on the temple mount takes place. To survive, the message is to flee to the mountains of Israel, without delay. The ones who don't flee out of Jerusalem (the Judaea region) in time will be vulnerable to the persecution that will be taking place once the AoD is set up in the holy place (the temple mount).
Yes, I see that interpretation but Daniel 12:12 says those who wait are blessed. How can someone both flee and wait? Does everyone who makes it to the 1335 days get blessed or only those who wait and make it to the 1335 days get blessed?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I see that interpretation but Daniel 12:12 says those who wait are blessed. How can someone both flee and wait? Does everyone who makes it to the 1335 days get blessed or only those who wait and make it to the 1335 days get blessed?
They flee to the mountains upon seeing the abomination of desolation statue image set up on the temple mount. Where, in the mountains, they will be Divinely protected from the evil elements seeking to persecute and kill them, for a period of 1335 days waiting for Jesus' return on the 1335th day.

Blessed are them who remain faithful to Jesus and wait upon the Lord - the day of His return - for Jesus to rescue the world from the clutches of evil and free the world from the beast, the false prophet, and Satan, and all of the kings of the earth and their armies.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They flee to the mountains upon seeing the abomination of desolation statue image set up on the temple mount. Where, in the mountains, they will be Divinely protected from the evil elements seeking to persecute and kill them, for a period of 1335 days waiting for Jesus' return on the 1335th day.

Blessed are them who remain faithful to Jesus and wait upon the Lord - the day of His return - for Jesus to rescue the world from the clutches of evil and free the world from the beast, the false prophet, and Satan, and all of the kings of the earth and their armies.
But it could also be just as likely that those that flee to the mountains will be persecuted and those that wait will be be divinely protected. The seven heads are seven mountains, so those that flee to the mountains could be fleeing directly to the beast.

If however Matthew 24:15-25, Mark 13:14-23, and Luke 21:20-24 are all referring to the same event then Luke clears things up. Luke 21:20 indicates that it’s the city of Jerusalem that gets destroyed and that would be why those that flee to the mountains are safe and those that wait in the city will be destroyed. The only problem is this happened in 66-70 AD.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Daniel 12:11-12 says 1290 days from the time the sacrifice is taken away until the AOD is set up. If you wait and come to 1335 days you will be blessed. Matthew 24:15-16 says when you see the AOD then let them in Judaea flee to the mountains.
No, it does not say "until". The two things essentially happen together.
I'm with Douggg on this point. When you read this verse in the LXX, it does NOT say "until" the AOD is set up; it talks about the same season of time "WHEN" that AOD is set up, in connection with that daily sacrifice being taken away. This makes both the AOD and the removal of the daily sacifice take place during the same "season" of time that begins the 1290 countdown.

Here it is quoted from the LXX. "And from the time (kairos) of the removal of the perpetual sacrifice, WHEN the abomination of desolation shall be set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days."

However, Douggg, you have mistakenly combined the 70-week prophecy with this Daniel 12:11-12 prediction. These two prophetic time periods are not identified as the same timespan at all. They stand separate from each other. It makes your printed chart get twisted into a pretzel, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm with Douggg on this point. When you read this verse in the LXX, it does NOT say "until" the AOD is set up; it talks about the same season of time "WHEN" that AOD is set up, in connection with that daily sacrifice being taken away. This makes both the AOD and the removal of the daily sacifice take place during the same "season" of time that begins the 1290 countdown.

Here it is quoted from the LXX. "And from the time (kairos) of the removal of the perpetual sacrifice, WHEN the abomination of desolation shall be set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days."

However, Douggg, you have mistakenly combined the 70-week prophecy with this Daniel 12:11-12 prediction. These two prophetic time periods are not identified as the same timespan at all. They stand separate from each other. It makes your printed chart get twisted into a pretzel, unfortunately.
I don’t want to go off topic here but let me ask you a question about the Septuagint. I’ve been using the KJV as my go to translation and only examine other translations when I’m not sure about something.

You you say the Septuagint, generally speaking, would be more accurate?

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t want to go off topic here but let me ask you a question about the Septuagint. I’ve been using the KJV as my go to translation and only examine other translations when I’m not sure about something.

You you say the Septuagint, generally speaking, would be more accurate?
The KJV is the translation that I was taught from infancy forward back in the 60's, so I am most familiar with it. But the LXX has given me quite a few light bulb moments that have cleared up a lot of confusion for me. Generally speaking, in the past decade or more, it has been more helpful to me than the KJV has been.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The problem is, some interpreters are trying to understand a lot of these things in a literal sense rather than another sense. Plus they are not also considering what Daniel 11 records as well. As if it makes sense, that in Daniel 12 initially there is zero mention of an AOD, then out of nowhere all of a sudden, in the end of this chapter it mentions an AOD, except it's not related to the AOD mentioned in ch 11, though. Why wouldn't it be? Do not both accounts involve all of the following I have underlined below?

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate .
32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries : but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many : yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end : because it is yet for a time appointed.

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried ; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand ; but the wise shall understand.
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up , there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

shall take away the daily sacrifice(Daniel 11:31)---the daily sacrifice shall be taken away(Daniel 12:11)

shall place the abomination that maketh desolate(Daniel 11:31)----the abomination that maketh desolate set up(Daniel 12:11)

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries(Daniel 11:32)---the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand(Daniel 12:10)

And they that understand among the people shall instruct many(Daniel 11:33)----the wise shall understand(Daniel 12:10)

some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end(Daniel 11:35)---Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried(Daniel 12:10)----And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days(Daniel 12:11)----Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days(Daniel 12:12)

The ones that wait and come to the 1335 days, thus endure until the end are the same ones that understand, are the same ones that are purified, and made white, and tried

And when it says in Daniel 11:33---yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days---this 'many days' is meaning the 42 month reign of the beast since that is what this AOD will be involving. In Revelation 13 it mentions something similar in verse 10---He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Obviously, though some interpreters disagree, Revelation 13:10 should not be taken in the literal sense. Yet it is involving captivity and killing with the sword and being killed with the sword. And so does Daniel 11:33 involve falling by the sword, and is involving falling by captivity. And that it says this involves man shall be purified, any days. And that Revelation 13 involves 42 months, thus explains this 'many days' meant in Daniel 11:33.

So when Jesus says in Matthew 24 to flee into the mountains, He is not meaning it in a literal sense. Because if He was, the fact He tells the reader to consider what Daniel prophesied in the book of Daniel, this would be involving fleeing into literal mountains, except there is nowhere in the book of Daniel involving this subject, that it involves fleeing into literal mountains. Plus, these that are purified, tried, and made white, couldn't possibly mean unbelieving Jews in any era of time, past or future. This involves the NT church. But if that is not enough proof that it is involving the NT church not unbelieving Jews, what about the part pertaining to the wise, that they shall understand? Does that sound like something applicable to unbelieving Jews?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If however Matthew 24:15-25, Mark 13:14-23, and Luke 21:20-24 are all referring to the same event then Luke clears things up. Luke 21:20 indicates that it’s the city of Jerusalem that gets destroyed and that would be why those that flee to the mountains are safe and those that wait in the city will be destroyed. The only problem is this happened in 66-70 AD.
Luke 21:20 does indeed interpret the AOD for us - meaning Jerusalem surrounded by literal armies, which happened late in the year of AD 66. (This was the same "season" (kairos) when the daily sacrifice had just been taken away by the temple governor Eleazar; a daily sacrifice which the nation had been making for the Roman empire and the emperor until then). The believers in Jerusalem fled the city for the mountains in the very brief couple days when the Zealot armies were outside the city chasing Gallus's Roman troops away from Jerusalem and defeating them at Beth Horon.
Those who "waited" were those waiting in the grave for the promised bodily resurrection taking place at the end of those 1,335 days. Job also spoke of this "waiting" in the grave until his "change" came when God called him to life again. (Job 14:14-15 - "If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I WAIT, till my change come. Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee..."). This resurrection blessing was what Daniel was promised to share in after his time of "rest" and waiting in the grave for Christ's return.

The living believers were to obey Christ's warning to flee in haste from Jerusalem and Judea when they saw both the Zealot armies and the Roman army surrounding Jerusalem. If they had not fled immediately at that point in AD 66, they would only have ended up trapped in the city for the duration of the Great Tribulation from AD 66-70, experiencing all the horrors of the siege.

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The living believers were to obey Christ's warning to flee in haste from Jerusalem and Judea when they saw both the Zealot armies and the Roman army surrounding Jerusalem. If they had not fled immediately at that point in AD 66, they would only have ended up trapped in the city for the duration of the Great Tribulation from AD 66-70, experiencing all the horrors of the siege.
I agree, there was a literal fleeing from Jerusalem that did occur in 66AD.
Those who "waited" were those waiting in the grave for the promised bodily resurrection taking place at the end of those 1,335 days. Job also spoke of this "waiting" in the grave until his "change" came when God called him to life again. (Job 14:14-15 - "If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I WAIT, till my change come. Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee..."). This resurrection blessing was what Daniel was promised to share in after his time of "rest" and waiting in the grave for Christ's return.
Would you say those who waited were also those in Revelation 6:11 who are told to rest yet for a little season?

Upvote 0

grafted branch

Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2019
Washington
✟260,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And when it says in Daniel 11:33---yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days---this 'many days' is meaning the 42 month reign of the beast since that is what this AOD will be involving. In Revelation 13 it mentions something similar in verse 10---He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.
You make a lot of good points here. I would add this, in Daniel 12:7 it has time, times, and a half when he shall accomplished to scatter the power <3027> yad of the holy people all these things shall be finished. Daniel 7:25 and they shall be given into his hand <3028> yad until a time and times and the dividing of time.

If theses verses are referring to the first beast in Revelation 13, which continues for 42 months, then it would seem that there will still be at least 75 days after “all these things shall be finished” in order for people to be blessed after 1335 days. That is if 42 months = 1260 days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Would you say those who waited were also those in Revelation 6:11 who are told to rest yet for a little season?
No, that group under the alter HAD ONCE BEEN dead saints, but every one of them were each given a white robe FIRST (representing the state of righteousness for a resurrected, glorified saint), and THEN after that white-robed resurrection, they were told to "rest" and wait on earth in their resurrected condition for the rest of their fellow-servants and brethren who were "about to be slain" just like they had once been slain themselves.

This group under the altar in Revelation 6:11 pleading vengeance for their shed blood was composed of the Matthew 27:52-53 saints raised to life again the same day that Christ arose. Once resurrected and given their white robes representing the righteousness of the saints (as in Revelation 19:8), they waited for "a little season" on earth in those glorified bodies until the rest of the persecuted saints of that first-century generation had also been slain (by Nero, the Jewish religious leaders, etc.). All of these who were "about to be slain" under persecution would share in the next resurrection event and an ascension to heaven with the other Rev. 6:11 saints at Christ's coming.

The Revelation 6:11 saints under the altar pleading for vengeance were the very same "elect" ones pleading for vengeance which Christ spoke about in the parable of the unjust judge in Luke 18:7-8. Christ said that God was going to avenge those "elect" ones "SPEEDILY" - which happened before that first-century generation had passed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24:15-31 is basically Jesus's message to the Jews in the end times, when the AoD set up on the temple mount takes place. To survive, the message is to flee to the mountains of Israel, without delay.
As if that was possible in this day and age. You can't flee anywhere in this day and age to escape trouble because of modern travel, weapons and technology. So, what you're saying can't possibly be true.

No, Jesus very specifically prophesied that Jerusalem and its temple buildings standing at that time would be destroyed and Matthew 24:15-22 is about that event, which occurred around 70 AD. It made sense to flee at that time because you could escape trouble by fleeing to the mountains back then. But today? No chance.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Luke 21:20 does indeed interpret the AOD for us - meaning Jerusalem surrounded by literal armies, which happened late in the year of AD 66. (This was the same "season" (kairos) when the daily sacrifice had just been taken away by the temple governor Eleazar; a daily sacrifice which the nation had been making for the Roman empire and the emperor until then). The believers in Jerusalem fled the city for the mountains in the very brief couple days when the Zealot armies were outside the city chasing Gallus's Roman troops away from Jerusalem and defeating them at Beth Horon.
According to Daniel 11 and 12, the AOD is something that is setup and placed. What you are describing doesn't even remotely fit that. Plus, what is the point in an AOD involving a temple that was already made obsolete 40 years earlier by Christ's death and resurrection? That makes about as much sense as an AOD occurring in a JW Kingdom Hall. Who would care? It's not like their Kingdom Hall is holy or something. The same for the 2nd temple once Christ died and resurrected. It is not like the 2nd temple is still holy or something.

I know what one of the arguments likely is. Nothing pertaining to Daniel 11-12 is pertaining to a time after Christ is born. It is meaning during the days of A4E around 167 BC or so. As if it makes sense, the fact the very last verse in Daniel 12 is involving Daniel standing in his lot at the end of days, and that this would be in a context involving 167 BC and A4E.

Clearly, though some interpreters might claim they fully grasp how context works, by applying anything recorded in Daniel 12 to that of A4E proves they don't fully grasp how context works. Verse 1 and 2 in Daniel 12 certainly isn't involving the days of A4E, and neither is the last verse in Daniel 12. Nor is anything recorded in Daniel 12 involving 70 AD, the fact there was no resurrection of the dead that followed any of that, and that Daniel 12:2 records that a resurrection of the dead follows these things.

Yet Jesus placed the time of the AOD in the future when He initially said those things. If we can't apply it to 70 AD, this obviously means we are not to take these things in a literal sense to begin with. As if it makes sense, that in the 21st century there will be those in Judea fleeing to literal mountains. That only makes sense in the first century leading up to 70 AD, but it doesn't make sense that the AOD that Matthew 24 is involving, which is the same AOD Daniel 12 is involving, that this is involving the first century and 70 AD, the fact Daniel 12:2 records that there is a resurrection of the dead at the end of these things. The end of these things is meaning the 1335th day. And to even get to the 1335 days, there are 1290 days involving an AOD that have to precede it first.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
According to Daniel 11 and 12, the AOD is something that is setup and placed. What you are describing doesn't even remotely fit that.
This is not MY description of the AOD; it is LUKE'S description. By inspiration, Luke interprets what Matthew and Mark do not when they quote Christ about the AOD. Luke 21:20 equated the other gospel accounts of the AOD with "Jerusalem surrounded by armies" which would bring desolation to the city. Armies and their encampment are most definitely set up and placed in position by their commanders. This AOD of armies surrounding Jerusalem happened in Antiochus Epiphanes' time, as well as once again in AD 66 under Cestius Gallus's inept leadership of the Roman army aligned against the Zealot armies in Jerusalem.
Nor is anything recorded in Daniel 12 involving 70 AD, the fact there was no resurrection of the dead that followed any of that, and that Daniel 12:2 records that a resurrection of the dead follows these things.
According to the rules of engagement on this particular forum, I am not allowed to submit the proof of an AD 70 bodily resurrection, so my hands are tied. This would have to be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum.
Yet Jesus placed the time of the AOD in the future when He initially said those things. If we can't apply it to 70 AD, this obviously means we are not to take these things in a literal sense to begin with. As if it makes sense, that in the 21st century there will be those in Judea fleeing to literal mountains. That only makes sense in the first century leading up to 70 AD, but it doesn't make sense that the AOD that Matthew 24 is involving, which is the same AOD Daniel 12 is involving, that this is involving the first century and 70 AD, the fact Daniel 12:2 records that there is a resurrection of the dead at the end of these things. The end of these things is meaning the 1335th day. And to even get to the 1335 days, there are 1290 days involving an AOD that have to precede it first.
The competing Zealot armies which held Jerusalem under their control from AD 66-70 were the primary desolating cause leading to the city's final destruction. The Roman armies which had been absent from Jerusalem ever since they were defeated in AD 66 returned once again under Titus on the 1,290th day during Jerusalem's Passover week in AD 70. Forty-five days later, the resurrection was predicted for the end of the 1,335th day. This 1,335th day was that year's Pentecost day. Daniel 9:27 wrote about the city of Jerusalem and its sanctuary, saying that "with the abominable armies he shall make it desolate." Those desolations were pre-determined to last "unto the end of the war", as Daniel 9:26 stated. But I certainly agree with you that the temple sanctuary had already been set aside as dead and obsolete when Christ was crucified and rose again. It only remained for God to "take out the trash" in the AD 66-70 period, in a manner of speaking.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
David, the great tribulation begins when the abomination of desolation is standing in the holy place, based on Matthew 24:15-21.

The Daniel passages on the abomination of desolation are in Daniel 12:11-12. The great tribulation will be 1335 days long. Of that 1335 days, the 1290 days are "the tribulation of those days" in Matthew 24:29 to the sixth seal event, the powers of heaven shaken.

Then, in Matthew 24:30a, the world will see the sign of the Son of man in heaven. 45 days later, at the end of the great tribulation, Jesus descends to earth, coming in the clouds of heaven, Matthew 24:30b
If you are going by Matthew 24, the AoD the GT and the Second Coming all happen in the same moment of time, at the very end, after the church age. There is no separation of events, if you don't separate them apart from each other.

You are saying the "sign of return" is the exact same event as the AoD.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are saying the "sign of return" is the exact same event as the AoD.
No, I am not. The term in Matthew 24:30a is "the sign of the Son of man in heaven"

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

If you are going by Matthew 24, the AoD the GT and the Second Coming all happen in the same moment of time, at the very end, after the church age. There is no separation of events, if you don't separate them apart from each other.
The term "church age" is not in Matthew 24. The Abomination of Desolation which triggers the Great Tribulation, and Jesus's Second Coming to end it are all end times (also called time of the end) events. To take place in the 70th week of Daniel 9.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
According to the rules of engagement on this particular forum, I am not allowed to submit the proof of an AD 70 bodily resurrection, so my hands are tied. This would have to be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum.

Why would this board have an issue with something like that if posted in this section? Does this imply full Preterism or something? In that case, assuming it does, I can see this board having an issue with this being posted in this section. Which then means you shouldn't be posting in this section to begin with if you are a full Preterist, right?

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why would this board have an issue with something like that if posted in this section? Does this imply full Preterism or something? In that case, assuming it does, I can see this board having an issue with this being posted in this section. Which then means you shouldn't be posting in this section to begin with if you are a full Preterist, right?
Full Preterists do not ascribe to a future bodily resurrection of the saints' physically dead bodies in a final bodily return of Christ to this planet I do believe this is taught in scripture.
Neither do Full Preterists believe there was a bodily resurrection at the bodily return of Christ back in AD 70 as the scriptures teach.
Full Preterists generally do not believe Christ Jesus has a resurrected human body in heaven today, but think that it somehow dissolved during His ascension. This is wrong, of course.
Many Full Preterists do not believe there is an ending to fallen mankind's history on this planet. I do see a closing point to these New Covenant ages in our future, though not an end to the planet itself, which is to abide forever.
Most Full Preterists do not agree that Satan and the demonic realm is completely destroyed by now, ever since AD 70. I do see scripture teaching this.
Full Preterists do not believe in a literal thousand-year millennium - only a symbolic number for this period. That's wrong. It WAS a literal number that expired back in AD 33.
Full Preterists do not believe in a rapture. I do, as long as that "rapture" is scripturally defined as only including the living, bodily-resurrected saints which came out of the grave. When posting in opposition to some of these Full Preterist views on Full Preterist websites, I have been called a "Futurist". When posting on "Futurist" websites, I have been called a Full Preterist. Labels are in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The problem is, some interpreters are trying to understand a lot of these things in a literal sense rather than another sense. Plus they are not also considering what Daniel 11 records as well. As if it makes sense, that in Daniel 12 initially there is zero mention of an AOD, then out of nowhere all of a sudden, in the end of this chapter it mentions an AOD, except it's not related to the AOD mentioned in ch 11, though. Why wouldn't it be? Do not both accounts involve all of the following I have underlined below?

Daniel 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate .
32 And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries : but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
33 And they that understand among the people shall instruct many : yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
34 Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help: but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.
35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end : because it is yet for a time appointed.

Daniel 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried ; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand ; but the wise shall understand.
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up , there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

shall take away the daily sacrifice(Daniel 11:31)---the daily sacrifice shall be taken away(Daniel 12:11)

shall place the abomination that maketh desolate(Daniel 11:31)----the abomination that maketh desolate set up(Daniel 12:11)

And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries(Daniel 11:32)---the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand(Daniel 12:10)

And they that understand among the people shall instruct many(Daniel 11:33)----the wise shall understand(Daniel 12:10)

some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end(Daniel 11:35)---Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried(Daniel 12:10)----And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days(Daniel 12:11)----Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days(Daniel 12:12)

The ones that wait and come to the 1335 days, thus endure until the end are the same ones that understand, are the same ones that are purified, and made white, and tried

Obviously, though some interpreters disagree, Revelation 13:10 should not be taken in the literal sense. Yet it is involving captivity and killing with the sword and being killed with the sword. And so does Daniel 11:33 involve falling by the sword, and is involving falling by captivity. And that it says this involves man shall be purified, any days. And that Revelation 13 involves 42 months, thus explains this 'many days' meant in Daniel 11:33.

So when Jesus says in Matthew 24 to flee into the mountains, He is not meaning it in a literal sense. Because if He was, the fact He tells the reader to consider what Daniel prophesied in the book of Daniel, this would be involving fleeing into literal mountains, except there is nowhere in the book of Daniel involving this subject, that it involves fleeing into literal mountains. Plus, these that are purified, tried, and made white, couldn't possibly mean unbelieving Jews in any era of time, past or future. This involves the NT church. But if that is not enough proof that it is involving the NT church not unbelieving Jews, what about the part pertaining to the wise, that they shall understand? Does that sound like something applicable to unbelieving Jews?
Jerusalem will be the throne of Jesus. When the AoD is set up, Jesus hands over the throne to Satan. So yes, people will need to flee. Revelation 13 tells us the saints are overcome, so fleeing should eliminate being caught and killed, no?

It is not about any particular people leaving the area. It would be any one not interested in worshipping Satan and are on the fence between serving Jesus or their own desires.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, I am not. The term in Matthew 24:30a is "the sign of the Son of man in heaven"

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The term "church age" is not in Matthew 24. The Abomination of Desolation which triggers the Great Tribulation, and Jesus's Second Coming to end it are all end times (also called time of the end) events. To take place in the 70th week of Daniel 9.
Of courses the church age is mentioned:

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. (This is the beginning of the church age) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. (This is the end of the church age)

The event that ends the church age is the Second Coming.

Now before the Second Coming we have the parable of the fig tree. We have the Second Coming. That is the end of the church age. Then there is the final harvest with Jesus and the angels, the GT. Then after the final harvest, Satan may be granted 42 months. Those 42 months is when the AoD is set up.

Upvote 0